Chapter 27

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

“Yeobo, is this going to work?” Jonghyun asked Jinki.

Jonghyun, Jinki and Minho were spending their leisure time in the garden and Key is out with Woohyun. The three of them were still talking about the issue with Key and Taemin.

Jinki sipped his tea. “Yeah it will.” He said casually.

“But hyung, what if Key fall in love with Woohyun? They are spending quite a lot of time.” Minho said with a slight frown in his face.

Jonghyun’s eyes widen. “That’s right! That too! What if Woohyun continue to be sweet towards Key, there is a big possibility that he’ll fall for Woohyun? You saw how he blushed when Woohyun kissed him.”

Jinki rolled his eyes. “Listen, Key won’t fall for someone like him. It’s like looking at yourself in the mirror. Who would want to date their self?” He answered. “Also, are you guys even paying attention to Key?”

Minho and Jonghyun shrugged. “I’m paying much more attention to you, yeobo.” Jonghyun answered.

“I like to play soccer more now.” Minho said.

Jinki sighed at the hopeless duo. “You guys…” Then another sigh. “You guys are naïve in love.” He said.

Minho raised a brow. “Says the person who never noticed my feelings for him.” Minho remarked.

Jinki glared at him. “That’s a different matter, okay?” He said. “What I meant was, when you look at Key, you would notice how he always stare at Taemin. The way you both looked at me before –though in Jonghyun’s case, still look at me.” He said. “He is really in love with Taemin that he won’t be able to see anyone. You will see his genuine love that he’s trying to hide.” He said with a soft smile.

A couple of sniffs snapped him out of his reverie. “What are you guys doing?” He asked.

Jonghyun sniffed as he looked at his boyfriend. “For the first time Jinki-ah, that’s the most mature thing you’ve ever said, Minho just nodded in agreement.

Jinki rolled his eyes. “Whatever!” He snorted. “I’m going to Taemin’s room.” He excused.

But before he could even go inside the house, he turned back to look a the still laughing duo and smiled.

‘Finally, things are turning out for the better.’ He thought.

 

-----------------------

 

Taemin is staring at nothing in particular when his room door open revealing Jinki.

He sat up. His wounds were finally getting better and he could deal with everyday things without fear of opening his wounds. “Hyung, do you need anything?” He asked.

Jinki smiled and pulled a chair beside the youngest. “Just checking on you.” Jinki answered. “How were you’re wounds?” 

Taemin returned the smile. “It’s getting better. I could not feel the pain anymore.” He said.

Jinki nods before peeling a banana he saw beside on the bedside table. “Here.” He said, handing the banana to Taemin.

“Thanks hyung.” Tamin said accepting the peeled fruit but instead of eating it, he just merely stared at him.

Jinki frowned when he noticed that the younger is so out of it. “Taemin? Are you alright?” He asked.

Taemin blinked before looking at Jinki. He bit his lip and sighed. “Hyung, I have a question.” Jinki nodded, urging him to continue. “How did you know that you love Jonghyun-hyung?”

Jinki raised a brow at him. “What do you mean?”

Taemin frowned. “How did you know you love Jonghyun-hyung?” He repeated. “Did you felt a fluttery feeling in your stomach? Are you comfortable with him?”

Jinki was thoughtful for a while. “Well, I did feel those whenever he’s near or whenever we just brush together. My heart beats fast whenever I see him.” Then he chuckled. “And I felt like killing all the girls who tried to flirt with him. For short he was the first to make me jealous.” He said. “But mostly, I miss him whenever he’s not beside me.” Taemin was silently listening. “But you know Taemin-ah, I always believed that in love, signs could easily be taken lightly or even misinterpret it. Sometimes, those fluttery feelings could be mistaken as friendship but as long as you’re happy with a person then, rest assured that you’re in love.”

Taemin frowned and fiddled with his hands.

“Why did you ask by the way?”

Taemin shook his head with a slight smile. “Just want to make sure of something.”

Jinki nodded but he’s grinning inwardly.

 

-----------------------------

 

After a few weeks of recuperating and being confined in bed, Taemin was finally able to go out without a fear of opening his wounds and crouching down in pain. So one fine day, Taemin went up to Key and asked him something that caused everyone to look at him out of pure confusion.

“Would you repeat that again Taemiin-ah?” Key asked as he stared at Taemin.

“Would you accompany me outside, hyung?” Taemin asked.

Jinki, Jonghyun and Minho looked at Taemin and Key in wonder.

“Why? Do you want to go somewhere?” Key asked receiving a nod as an answer. “Where?”

Taemin looked away, with crimson dustjing his cheeks. “Somewhere.”

Having an idea on to where this is going, a smirk crept up Jinki’s face. “Eh? Are you inviting Key out?” He asked receiving a nod from the youngest. “Just the two of you?” Another a nod. “A date then?”

Taemin’s eyes widen and his blush darken. “Hyung!”

Key glared at the older. “Jinki-hyung! What are you talking about?!” He exclaimed.

Jinki innocently looked at Key. “What? I was just asking.” He said with a smile. “I mean, he just asked ‘you’ to go ‘out’, what else would that mean than a date right?”

Key rolled his eyes. “Yes, he did say that but he just want to go somewhere and you can’t just assume he wants to go on dates. Why would he want to go on a date with me?” Upon noticing the look on the older’s face, he held up his hand. “No. On second thought, don’t answer that.”

Jinki smiled and the remaining two was amused at how red Taemin’s face could get. After ending the little banter with Jinki, Key turned o Taemin with his motherly smile.

“Sure Taemin-ah, I’ll go with you. Let me just change my clothes.”

 

--------------------------

 

“It really is a date.” Jinkii said as he watched Taemin and Key walk out the door. “Aren’t you guys curious?”

Minho and Jonghyun just shook their heads. As much as they are curious, if they ever dared to follow the two, they would just be subjected to Key’s sadism and no, they don’t want that, thank you very much.

Upon the decline of the two, Jinki pouted and muttered how kill joy the both of them are.

It’s better than that instead of dying in Kim Kibum’s hands. They both thought.

 

--------------------------

 

“Taemin-ah, I thought you wanted to go somewhere.” Key asked and Taemin nodded staring straight ahead. “Then why are we still walking here in the park?”

As if on cue, Taemin stopped and turned to Key. “I wanted to go here.” He answered.

Key frowned. “Then, we should’ve invited the others. It would be nice to have some family bonding of sort.” He said fishing out his phone. “Wait. Let me call Jinki-hyung.”

He was about to dial the oldest number when a hand covered his. He looked up to see Taemin staring at him with serious eyes. “No.”

Key’s frown deepen. “Huh?”

“Jinki-hyung was right about this being a date.” Taemin said, reluctantly letting go of the older’s hand, he his lips. “You see, I wanted to confirm something before making a decision, so would you ride along with my whims until the end of the day?” He asked.

Key was confused at first but decided to humor the youngest, after all, what would his simple ‘date’ do any harm to his already deepening feeling toward the youngest.

Taemin smiled. “Thank you!” Then he held Key’s hands and marveled at the electricity that coursed through his arm to his back, tingling a little before settling as a flutter in his stomach. “Come on! Let’s feed tha ducks! I even brought some bread crumbs!” He exclaimed childishly holding out a zip lock bag full of said treat.

 

-------------------------

 

The day was far from exhausting. The walk in the park brought tranquility in Key’s mind that manages to calm his erratically beating heart. Aside from the sudden thump that almost caused him a heart attack when Taemin held his hand when he asked him to eat ice cream or when the youngest leaned his head on his shoulder when they decided to take a break on one of the unoccupied benches, the day was good so far.

Now, the sun is setting and Taemin led him in the deepest part of the park where a hill was located. The hill was decorated with flowers. It is a pleasant sight to behold as the setting sun casts an orange shadow that even made the flowers look enchanted as they already were.

“Sit here hyung.” Taemin gestured the place beside him.

Despite his hate of dirtying his clothes, Key sat beside the youngest. A calming silence enveloped the two as they watched the sun hide from the world and give way for the moon to light up the sky. All of a sudden though, Key felt something warm covering his hands. Looking down, he noticed how Taemin’s hand held his. Turning to him, Key frowned at him in confusion.

“Did you have fun, hyung?” Taemin asked breaking the silence.

“Yeah, I did.” Key nodded. “More than I expected. So are you going to tell me what is wrong?”

Taemin was quiet for a while as he continued to watch the sunset. “Taemin?” Key asked.

“Do you know, hyung, that this is the place I always go to whenever I’m lonely or sad?” Taemin started and Key could only stare at him in wonder. “I’m always alone since umma and appa were always out doing there business and making money forgetting they have a son. During my first year, I faced the entrance exam alone and no one congratulated me for passing it. When I started schooling, everyone bullied me because I’m too scrawny and thin as a toothpick but they stopped when Minho-hyung saved me.” He turned to Key. “That’s when I fell in love with him.” Key looked away. Somehow, hearing that from Taemin himself is far more painful than hearing it from others. “But then years later I would realize that Minho-hyung is not the person who I would want to share this magical place to. “

“What?” Key asked as he is getting more confused from the younger’s words.

“I made a promise when I was a child that whoever is the person I would love, I will introduce that person to this place and make happy memories with that person.” Key blinked at Taemin as the youngest took hold of his hand and caressed it. “Key-hyung, will you be that person?”

“H-huh?” Key stuttered.

“Before, you admitted that you have feelings for me. Did it change?” Taemin asked. “Do you feel nothing to me anymore?”

Key averted his eyes. “When you fall in love with someone, it would be hard to forget it. You should know, you felt that too.”

Taemin smiled. “I love you, Kibum-hyung.”

Key’s eyes widen. “Eh?”

“I know you would think that I’ll just make you a rebound or something but someone told me that love is love. When you love someone then that is it. Rebound is for those fools who don’t understand the meaning of love.” Taemin said as he gave a gentle squeeze at the hand he is caressing. “I don’t want you to be just a rebound. I know for a fact that being a rebound is not someone would like, I experienced that before. And I won’t want you above anyone else to feel such thing.”

Key met Taemin’s eyes and could see the sincerity in the younger’s brown orbs. “But it could also be pity.” He tried to reason. He is aware for a fact that he is not being the diva that he is. “You pity me because I told you before that I like and you don’t actually feel the same…”

Taemin chuckled. “Then how could you explain the jealousy I felt when that nurse came in the house.” Key frowned at him. “I was seriously upset when he was touching and extremely pissed when he kissed you.” Key blushed at the memory. “I love you Key-hyung.”

Key sighed. Finally making up his mind he said. “I… Okay.” He breathe, overwhelmed by the feelings he tried to conceal but now have the opportunity to be revealed. “Yes. I’m still and will be in love with you, Taemin-ah.”

Taemin’s grin started growing widely. “Really?”

Key nodded. “Really.”

Taemin cheered and pulled the diva in a hug. “Thank you! I love you hyung!”

 

------------------------

 

“Maybe we should head home now.”

Taemin snapped out of his reverie as Key called him. The sun already set and the moon is now claiming its spot along with her twinkly stars. The two lovers sat side by side as they watch the majestic scenery of the moon and stars.

“Okay.”

Tonight. Tonight is the night that both of them will sleep with smile on their faces.

“And oh, we still have to tell those idiots about this.” Key remarked before they head home.

 

---------------------

 

A/n: Oooooookay! TaeKey is not actually a pair I would ship normally. I like Key with Minho to be honest or with Woohyun. Though wait, I also like Onew with Minho but that’s another story. Anyway, thanks for waiting for my every update. I would like to inform you though that the real end is nearly there. It's a double update. Hang on for a few more updates guys. Bye!