Chapter 20

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

Chapter 20

"You want to be close to Taemin?" Minho asked. The two of them were having dinner when the older decided to bring up the topic.
"Yeah." Jinki answered while munching on his food. "I had the chance encounter with him a while ago and we talked for a bit. I enjoyed his company. I wanted to get to know him more... or well, refamiliarize him more." He reasoned. Minho looked away. "Besides, it's hard not to have any friend. As the saying goes, no man is an island."
Minho sighed. "If... If that's what you want." He agreed. He can't just decline Jinki's wishes. He'll be more suspicious than he is now. Jinki just smiled in return.

-----------

Jinki was on his way to school alone because Minho had an early soccer practice. He was deeply in thought but was halted when he bumped into a man, there he noticed the forming crowd nearby. Trying to squeeze in just to see what's going on but he was faced with an accident. A car accident.
He saw the broken state of the cars and frowned. Something inside his head snapped and his vision became blurry. His knees turned to jelly as he cupped his head as pain started searing on his head. He fell on his knees until he fainted.

-----------

Jinki woke up and groaned. His head is aching like he downed a jarfull of tequila and is nursing the worst hangover of his life. By the time he could bare with his aching head, he noticed that everything around him was white. He wondered where he was but he can't seem to recall. He tried to sit up straight but failed to do so.
"I'm sorry sir, but I advice you not to move too much. You're still not fine." Jinki looked up to see a nurse carrying a medical chart which he bet that was probably his.
Jinki frowned. "What am I doing here?" He asked, once again trying to sit up with the help from the nurse now.
"A young lad brought you here sir. He said he found you unconscious on the sidewalk." The nurse informed.
Jinki nodded in understanding. "Can I see that person though? Is he still here?" He asked again.
"I am."
But instead of the nurse, Jinki was answered with a slightly melodic voice. He looked up to see a mass of blonde hair and puppy eyes. He blinked in surprise. "... You."
The guy smirked. "Nice to meet you again."

-----------

Taecyeon and Nichkhun watched Minho pace back and forth of their classroom. He's been trying to contact his brother Jinki only to get his voicemail.
Minho hissed. "C'mon Jinki! Answer your phone!"
Nichkhun finally had enough of the pacing so he approached the younger. "Will you stop pacing?" Nichkhun asked.
"Yeah man. What's wrong? You look like someone bit you're ." Taecyeon dared to joke.
Nichkhun snorted at his friend's question. "Don't ask him that. It'll fall down deaf ears." He commented.
Taecyon frowned. "But Khun! Look at him! He look so problematic and not to mention angry."
"Exactly Taecyon. We've been friends with him for how many years but he never did share his problems with us. Why bother now?" Nichkhun asked sarcastically.
"But he's our friend." Taecyeon argued.
Nichkhun's face turned passive but hurt crossed his eyes. "But does he think the same?"
Taecyon remained silent.
Minho on the other hand, heard what his friends said. He felt guilty about those things but he can't just tell them what is wrong. He could already hear what they were going to say and he don't want them to try and get on his bad side now. The two of them were important to him and he want it to stay like that. Besides, its his life.

-----------

"Yeah, it's me." Jonghyun said with a little smile on his face.
Jinki returned the smile. "You were the one who brought me here? Can I know the name of my saviour now?" He asked.
Jonghyun chuckled, Jinki's smile always warm him up. "I'm--" He wasn't able to finish his words when the nurse arrived ruining the moment.
"I'm sorry to interrupt but you can go home now. You just have to sign the discharge papers and you're done." The nurse said.
Jinki nodded then turned to Jinki. "I'm still waiting." He said.
Jonghyun smirked. "It seems like my name wasn't important at the moment." He said. "You should start getting ready, I'll pay for the bill since I'm the one who brought you here."
"But I'm the one who benefits here." Jinki argued.
"Then how about we left it as a debt?" Jonghyun asked. "You owe me one now so we would be able to meet again next time."
"When is that next time?" He asked. "Can I be honest with you? You look like you're someone important to me."
Jonghyun looked confused for a while before letting out a smile. "Amnesia's hard huh?"
"Very. Especially with all those unexplainable facts." He said.
Jonghyun was confused for a moment before letting it pass. "How about we get you out of this hospital?" He asked instead.
Jinki smiled. "Sure."

-------------

By the time Jinki arrived home, it was late in the evening. Arranging the discharge papers took time and he actually tried to get to know the stranger who saved him from sleeping on the sidewalk. Minho was worried but he heaved a sigh of relief when he saw Jinki entering their house.
"Jinki-ah, where did you go? Why are you late? Are you alright?" Minho asked. Jinki sighed and smiled slightly before answering. "I'm fine. I was brought to the hospital for fainting but I'm fine. Just a headache. No need to worry. that doctors said I'm fine."
"Why didn't you call me? I was worried you know. You could've told me what happened and I would've rushed to your side." Minho said.
"I'm not a child Minho. I lost my memories but not a limb. I'm not handicapped, I could take care of myself." Jinki snapped.
Minho was startled. This is the first time Jinki ever snapped at him. He wondered what is wrong. "...Jinki."
Jinki sighed again. "Mianhae, I'm just tired. I'll go take a rest." He excused and left.
Minho frwowned. Just yesterday, Jinki was sweet to him but now he took a 160 degree turn. 'What happened Jinki?' He thought to himself.

-------------

Jinki leaned on the door and took a deep breath. He closed his eyes and when he opened them, an intense emotion of betrayal was portrayed. "Lies..." He mumbled. Moving towards his bed, he took a seat and smiled bitterly. "Everyone just love to lie to me."
When Jinki woke up and found himself inside a hospital room. He felt his head aching badly, as emotions and blurry images rushed to his brain. In short he regained his memories back. All of it. He remembered his friends, his parents, his teachers, his clasmate, his boyfriend Jonghyun, Key, Taemin, Minho... and the accident. He remembered everything and he felt an intense anger inside him. An emotion that he never felt before. He was a patient man. He never get angry over anything, be it trivial or life changing. But this time, its just too much. He almost died. He remembered how he cried and beg Minho to stop whatever he is doing. To let him be happy. But this... this is not happiness.
He is angry with Minho for lying, he is angry with himself for forgetting. A tear fell down his eyes, he forgot Jonghyun. How could he? The only person he love. How could he forget him? How? He curled on his bed and cried.

--------------

The next day, Jinki and Minho stared at the bunch of tulips that was scattered on his desk. He turned to Minho. "Is this from you?" Jinki asked.
Minho raised a brow while a single tulip. "No. Tulips are lame, don't you think so? I prefer rose than this boring flower." He said. "It's not from me." Jinki looked at the tulips. "Anyway, whoever placed this here must've got a wrong seat. I'm going Yeobo." And he left after kissing Jinki by the cheeks.
When Minho was out of the door, a smile blossomed on Jinki's face. Picking up a tulip stem, his mind was brought back to a certain moment in his life.

Flashback:

"Yeobo! For you!" Jonghyun chirped as he extended his arms on Jinki's face and the latter was faced with a bouquet of tulips.
Jinki tilted his head. "What is this for?" He asked before sparing Jonghyun a glance. "Did you do something wrong? He asked suspiciously.
Jonghyun chuckled. "Aniyo!" He said then stared at Jinki lovingly. "This.." He started, caressing a petal. "Is a proof of my love." He said. "Are you familiar with the Language of flowers, yeobo?" He asked and smiled when Jinki shook his head. "Well, this one. Tulips meant a declaration of love and perfect love." He touched Jinki's cheeks. "I'm declaring my love to you. I will forever love you and nothing would ever come between us because our love is perfect."
A single tear fell down Jinki's eyes and Jonghyun chuckled as he brushed it away. "Yah! Since when did you became a cheeseball?" He asked jokingly.
"Since the moment I met you." Jonghyun answered, still brushing Jinki's tears away.
Jinki sobbed. "I love you Jjong. Forever and always." Jinki said, kissing Jonghyun.

End of Flashback:

"I really love you." Jinki said.

 


-------------