Chapter 22

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

“What? Would you mind repeating it again?” Key asked, setting his cup of tea soundlessly on the table top. “I think I heard you wrong.”

The three of them; Jonghyun, Taemin and he are currently situated in the Kim residence’s living room, devising up a plan to make Jinki remember Jonghyun and their past to stop the madness of Minho. But in themiddle of the so-called meeting, Taemin announced something that surprised the two of them.

Taemin swallowed before shaking his head. “No. You heard me right.” He said. “I want to back out of this.”

Jonghyun sighed. “Why?” He asked.

Taemin looked down and fidgeted in his seat. “Because I think it’s hopeless.” He said. “How many times I asked Jinki-hyung, he can’t seem to remember anything. I’ve been trying to drop in hints of his past without rushing but there is still nothing.” He frowned. “I don’t think he would remember us and his past anymore.”

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes. “Is that really your reason?” He asked. There is something that he just can’t put his finger in. He can’t get annoyed by the younger’s decision. Something just happened and Jonghyun is sure it affected the younger’s decision.

Taemin nodded slightly. “Yeah…”

The silence that enveloped them was broken by Kibum’s sarcastic laugh. “Liar.” Taemin and Jonghyun were startled to hear that from Key.

“Key…” Jonghyun mumbled.

“Hyung…” Taemin said softly.

“You wanted to back out because you’re a coward. You’re still in love with Minho and you wanted to be back on his good side right? You know what you’re just like him then. You will ignore the right thing because you wanted the person you love to be happy. You will close your eyes and cover your ears from the cries of other people for your selfish desire-“ Key halted in his tirade when Taemin looked at him with hurt eyes.

“That’s right! I’m a coward!” He exclaimed. “I could see how happy… how happy Minho is with Jinki-hyung. I can’t… I can’t hinder him anymore. I want him to be… happy.”

Jonghyun frowned at Taemin.

“I never knew you were really like this.” Key said, cold voice seeping down the remaining two’s spine. “I thought you were different but I guess I was wrong. You’re not different from those selfish bastards. I pity you.” Then he left.

When the diva left the room, Jonghyun chuckled. “Key’s still a drama queen.” He commented.

Taemin looked at him. “Aren’t you mad at me?” He asked.

Jonghyun turned to Taemin then smiled. “I don’t know why you lied but I’m not mad at you.” He said. Taemin was taken aback. “I may look like an easy going person but I do have insights and it works perfectly fine. I know you’re lying Taemin-ah, but as to the reason why, I don’t want to probe. It’s your decision.”

Taemin sighed. “But Key-hyung is mad at me.” He said, eyes turning solemn knowing that the diva became a very important variable in his life.

Jonghyun leaned back in his seat. “Nah… he’s just hurt.” He said.

Taemin frowned. “ hurt?”

Jonghyun nodded. “Hearing you saying Minho’s name like you can’t live without hurt him, you know.”

“Eh?” Taemin was confused.

“I guess you can still be as naïve as a child.” Jonghyun commented amusedly. “Key’s been falling for you but he’s still not aware of it.” Taemin was completely shocked causing the older one to chuckle. “Don’t worry though it’s going to be alright. He’s not Kibum for nothing.” He grinned.

Taemin was still bothered by it though.

 

-----------------

 

“Hyung…” Taemin called out the older as he watch him sweep off the floor.

Jinki looked up at Taemin hearing the add tone of the younger. “Hmm? What’s wrong Taemin-ah?”  He asked.

Taemin sighed. “Did you know that Key-hyung has feelings for me?” He asked back.

Jinki was startled. It’s been two days since Taemin found out that Jinki finally have his memory back. He questioned as to why he was still pretending to not know anything but he answered with a simple ‘I need to hear it from them. I want to give Minho a chance to finally give up.’

“Why? Did he confess to you?” He asked.

Taemin shook his head and fiddled with the button of his shirt. “Jonghyun-hyung told me. Since when?”

The older shrugged. “We don’t exactly since when. We thought it was the moment Jjong was ganged up.” He said. “He was interested at you first but I think it escalated when you started hanging out with us.” Then he smiled at Taemin. “You’re really cute Taemin-ah, it is hard not to like you.”

Taemin chuckled bitterly. “You’re wrong hyung. There is one person who rejected me.” He said.

“Oh? Who?” Jinki said amusedly.

“Have you forgotten Minho-hyung?” Taemin snorted, “I was rejected for how many times.”

“Well, Minho’s a different case. Mostly because he is blinded.” Jinki commented. “But to be honest, I don’t want Minho for you. He’s stupid.”

“Why are you like that to your brother?” Taemin asked jokingly.

Jinki chuckled and walked towards Minho’s room. The latter is in his soccer practice. “As much as I care for him as a brother, I’m still angry at him for being stupid and impulsive.”

Taemin watched as the older fix his brother’s bed. “When are you going to tell everyone that you got your memory back?”

“Soon.” He answered, making a beeline to Minho’s closet. “I’m just waiting for Minho to finally wake up.” Then he stopped in his actions as a gasp left his lips. “Why does Minho have something like this? He’s still underage for this.” Jinki said, eyes wide and scared.

Taemin frowned and looked through the older’s shoulder. His eyes widen when he saw what it was that scared the older. “Is that a gun?” He asked.

Jinki swallowed. “Yeah.”

Taemin turned to Jinki. “Where is he going to use that?”

Jinki shook his head. “I have no idea but I hope it’s not for I think it is.”

“For what hyung?”

“For hurting Jonghyun…”

 

----------------

 

Later that night, Minho noticed how extremely quiet Jinki is. The older kept on sneaking glances at him and he found it really cute.

He smiled. “Do you have something to tell me Jinki?” He asked.

Jinki flinched slightly. “A-aniyo…” He said shakily. “H-how about you? Do you have something to tell me?” He asked back.

Minho was thoughtful for a moment before smiling sweetly. “I love you.”

Jinki gulped and forced a smile. “Ah…”

 

----------------

 

By the next day Jinki’s still bothered by the thing he saw in Minho’s closet. He made sure he returned it back from where he found it. He was busy with his thoughts that he failed to notice the presence of a person beside him.

“You’re deep in thought.”

 Jinki almost jumped in his place and turned to see a concerned Kim Jonghyun. “Oh. Sorry I didn’t notice you.” He said.

“It’s alright.” Then a smile blossomed on Jonghyun’s face. “I thought you wouldn’t be able to talk to me after what happened at the greenhouse before.”

Jinki smiled apologetically. “About that, I want to apologize for Minho’s harsh words and actions. I’m sorry for blaming you with something as absurd as that.” He apologized.

Jonghyun looked confusedly at Jinki. “Are you not going to believe him and curse me?” He asked.

Jinki was thoughtful. “I don’t know. Should I?” Jonghyun raised a brow at him. “I’ve been feeling something different. Like an intuition that something is wrong. I don’t know why I can’t seem to hate you and I don’t know why I can’t trust Minho.” He said. “It’s like this…” He gestured at everything. “Is completely wrong. Do you have any idea why I’m feeling like this?”

Jonghyun stared at Jinki before leaning in so close. Very close that it looked like he is about to kiss Jinki. The funny thing is that Jinki just stood there. Not even flinching from the distance. He could practically feel Jonghyun’s breath on his lips and smell his husky scent. But he remained rooted on the spot, staring Jonghyun’s brown orbs.

“Can I ask you something?” Jonghyun asked.

Jinki blinked. “Sure.”

“Do you love Minho?”

“I don’t know. Do I?”

They stared at each other, not minding anyone. They’re inside their little bubble and they actually like it.

“What do you-“

But everything has its ending. It came in the form of Choi Minho. The taller man yanked Jonghyun away from Jinki causing him to crash on the lockers.

“Minho!” Jinki exclaimed.

All eyes were on them now.

“What are you doing?!” Minho growled.

Jonghyun straightened. “What am I doing? Talking with Jinki.” He answered and smirked. “How about you? What are you doing? Manipulating Jinki?”

“Shut up!” Minho snapped.

“Why? Can’t take the truth?” Jonghyun scowled back.

“I told you this once and I’ll tell you once again.” He pokes Jonghyun by the chest. “Stay away from Jinki.” And he dragged Jinki away from them.

Jinki struggled. “Minho, let me go.”

Minho just tightened his hold on Jinki’s wrist. “Shut up Jinki!”

Jinki still struggled, a tear pooling in his eyes. “I said let go! You’re hurting me!” He yelped.

“And I said shut up!” Minho tightened it even more.

They were near the school gates when another hand pulled Jinki.

Jonghyun glared at Minho. “He said he’s hurt.” He said in gritted teeth.

Jinki’s eyes widen. “Jonghyun…”

If looks could kill, Minho would’ve been dead now.

“Why don’t you let him go?” Minho asked.

“Why should I? Were bound together. Chained and locked. So you let him go.”

Jinki exchanged looks between Minho and Jonghyun. He is afraid of what would happen. The image of a gun sitting on Minho’s closet drawer haunted his mind. He noticed people crowding at them and at the side, Key and Taemin were looking at them worriedly.

“He is not yours Jonghyun. He is mine. He loves me.” Minho spat.

“Love you? Stop dreaming Minho and wake up! He doesn’t love you!” Jonghyun retaliated. Jinki bit his bottom lip.

“He does and he forgot you.” Minho argued. “You caused him pain. You’re the reason why he can’t remember anything.”

“Stop blaming me-“

“Stop it!” Jinki screamed. The both of them turned to the younger. “Stop it…” He started crying and looked up at Minho. “Stop this Minho…” Minho frowned. “I… I remember it all.” He confessed.

Taemin gasped while Key was shocked. Jonghyun and Minho let go of Jinki, they were not even aware that they’re still holding the older.

“What?” Minho asked.

“Jinki…” Jonghyun mumbled.

“I remember it all. My past and everything.” Jinki looked up to Minho. “It’s not Jonghyun’s fault, it’s yours.”

Minho took a step back. “Since when?”

Jinki sniffed. “Five days ago.”

Jonghyun’s eyes widen. “Five days… that was…”

“The day I collapsed.” Jinki said turning to Jonghyun. “I was walking when I noticed an accident and it triggered something in me. My memories came rushing back. So I knew who you are from the very start.” He said with a small smile.

“Then why?” Jonghyun asked.

“I wanted to hear the truth from Minho.” Jinki answered.

“So all this time, you were fooling me? Laughing at me?” Minho said, anger rising top notch. “You were playing with me?!”

Jinki shook his head. “No, I’m not. I just wanted to hear the truth from you. I’ve been waiting for you to tell me.”

“No. You’ve been playing with me.” Minho glared at Jinki.

Jinki walked towards Minho but the younger took a step back. “No, Minho.”

“You’replaying with me!” Minho accused.

“He’s not!” A sudden shout startled them all.

--------------------------

A/n: Aaaaaaah! I’m here again. It’s a double update, to make up from those months that I’ve been MIA. Hope you like the chapters.