Chapter 23

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

“He’s not!” A sudden shout startled them all.

All gazes were fixed towards the freshmen. Taemin was sporting a frown as his eyes were solemn and determined.

Minho glared at the younger. “Shut up Taemin! You don’t know anything!”

Taemin returned his glare. “You’re wrong. I know things you failed to see.” He said. “I know a lot.”

Key glanced at Taemin and was hurt. The younger’s face was painted with hurt and sadness. ‘He really loves Minho, huh?’ He thought. He doesn’t know why but he thought he heard his heart shatter into pieces.

Taemin stepped forward to approach the three of them. “You failed to notice how empty Jinki-hyung is since the accident. How his smile seem so fake. He’s an empty shell hyung. You took everything away from him.” He ranted. “You’re killing him…”

Jonghyun, Key and probably everybody else were looking at them. All sporting troubled expression but in entirely different reasons.

Jinki sniffed and everyone turned to him. “Minho…” He started and everyone is listening carefully to him. “I’m sorry but please. Let me go.”

After those words left Jinki’s lips, he walked towards Jonghyun and left. Finally alone, Minho let a tear fall down his eyes. His heart being blown into pieces.

‘What just happened?’ The crowd started murmuring around.

‘What is wrong between Minho, Jinki and Jonghyun?’ They asked.

All Minho did was cry.

 

----------------------

 

“Minho!” Nichkhun hissed when the younger tried to drown himself in alcohol. “Are you stupid? Why are you drinking? You’re still underage.”

They’ve been trying to call Minho after hearing about the commotion that happened between him and Jonghyun but they couldn’t contact him. They skipped heir classes and went to the Lee residence and found the younger drowning in misery. It’s been like that since they got there and it’s been four hours.

“Mind your own business!” He growled as he gulped down his beer in one go.

Nichkhun frowned even harder. “Yah! What is wrong with you?” He asked. “Why are you ruining your life?”

“Life? I don’t have a life!” He screamed. “Jinki is not here! He is my life!”

His two friends were shocked to say the least. “What?” Taecyon asked.

Minho took a swig. “I love Jinki.” He confessed.

“Are you crazy?! He’s your brother Minho!” Nichkhun snapped.

Minho snorted. “I know. But you can’t really choose who to fall in love right? And I love Jinki. Be it brother or not, I will only love him.” He said.

Nichkhun shook his and paced around the living room, frustrated of the situation. “So that was the reason that you kept on avoiding us whenever we tried to ask you what is wrong. The reason why you hate Jonghyun so much. I thought you hate him because he’s a bad boyfriend but it was actually that you have feelings for your brother.” He said. He turned to Minho. “You’re stupid. Why can’t you just let them be?”

“I told you that I love Jinki.” Minho repeated.

“But does he love you?” Nichkhun asked and Taecyon just watched.

Minho looked down and covered his face with his fringes. “I know he doesn’t but what can I do? I love him too much. He’s the first person I ever felt this way. I really think he is the one.” He said softly.

To say that Nichkhun was very pissed and annoyed at the younger would be an understatement. He wanted to punch the younger for being narrow-minded.

“Minho! He doesn’t love you!” He snapped. “You’re manipulating him. Using his amnesia to create lies and rob him of his real self? Probably now, you’re the worst person in his eyes.” Then he looked solemn. “You’re a completely different person…”

“I’m still the Minho you knew before. I’m just a little in love.” Minho mumbled.

Nichkhun shook his head. “You’re wrong Minho. We don’t know you anymore. You became a person who is selfish enough to let go. The Minho we know thinks of other people first before his own desires. The Minho we know is not shallow and narrow-minded.” Then he left.

Silence enveloped Minho and Taecyon as Nichkhun left. When he couldn’t take the silence anymore, Taecyon sighed.

“This is the first time I ever saw Nichkhun get so worked up.” He joked. “He really treats you as his best friend.” He turned to Minho. “I don’t know what is happening. I don’t have the rights to be angry or judge you Minho but I’m not saying that what you did was the right thing to do.” He crouched down to level Minho. “But Minho, do you really think that what you feel now for Jinki is love? If I were to call it, it would be obsession.” He placed his hand on his friend’s shoulder in a comforting manner. “Love is when you can do everything just to see that person happy. Love can make you do something yo won’t even think of doing but most of all, Love will teach you when not to let go and when to let go.” Then he stood up. “Well, I better go follow Khun, he might punch someone out of anger. You know him he can’t control himself when his mind is clouded.” And he left.

All alone, all thoughts came rushing unto him. One would think that with all the words his friend had said he would be snapped out of everything. But you’re wrong. A glint of determination sparked in his eyes as it darkens.

“I don’t care. Whatever they say, Jinki is mine…” He declared.

Making his way to his room with a sway in his steps. He took the thing he needed the most then made his way out of the cold dark street of Seoul.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

“Yeobo! I’m so glad that you’re back! I miss you so much!” Jonghyun cried as he latched himself on his boyfriend like a koala.

Jinki chuckled but a blush was visible on his face. “I could see that.”

Key smiled. “You know hyung, during the span of time you were not here, Jonghyun acted mature. I was amused and surprised and thought miracles were true.” The dive teased.

Jinki chuckled while Jonghyun glared at the diva. “Shut up Key!” He pouted.

Jinki smiled at them and embraced Jonghyun. “I’m so glad to finally be back.” He breathed.

Jonghyun looked at Jinki softly before smiling naughtily. “Yeobo…” He purred on his boyfriend’s ear. The older supressed a shudder causing the younger to smile even wider. “Why don’t we go to my room and… catch up.” He said, his hands moving down the curve of Jinki’s lower back.

The older smirked seductively and pulled the younger by the collar of his shirt. Once the door of Jonghyun’s room shut closed, an awkward silence enveloped the living room where only Key and Taemin were left. It was so tense that the diva couldn’t take it anymore.

Key cleared his throat. “Since it’s too late now and you probably missed your bus, you could stay here. The guest rooms were clean and you could borrow a change of clothes at me. So you should go and clean up, I’ll bring the clothes to your room.” He offered, not even looking at the youngest. He was about to leave the room when Taemin’s voice stopped him.

“Hyung…” Taemin called out. Key remained silent. The youngest sighed. “can we talk?”

Key blinked and swallowed. “About?”

Taemin took a deep breath. “I just want to know. Do you like me?”

Key stiffened and his eyes widen. He turned to Taemin and frowned. “What?”

Taemin looked at Key directly. “I wanted to know if you like me.” He said. “Jonghyun-hyung told me that, I just want to know if it’s true.”

Key snapped out in his daze thoughts and stared warily at Taemin. “Why do you want to know?”

“I just want to know. I want to make sure. Also, I want to know if I’m hurting you.” Taemin said. His troubled face told Key that whatever his answer id, it would affect the younger.

Key looked away and sighs. “Yeah.” He answered. “You’re hurting me but I’m not blaming you or anything. It’s not your fault. Falling in love or whatever you call this is my choice. I made it and you did not force me. I just think I have a penchant for cute things.” He joked.

Taemin stared worriedly at his friend. “Key-hyung…”

Key smiled. “It’s not that I can tell you to fall for me anyway. I know how much you love Minho because he saved you and all. I know how deep you feel for him. I know all of those. I just can’t help but wonder what it would be if I was the one who saved you before. If you met me first. Maybe this would be a different matter.” He said. “But don’t worry. I’m Kim Kibum after all. I’m not that shallow. I would be able to forget about this.” He assured the youngest. “Anyway, I’m sorry about calling you a coward, I shouldn’t have done that. If I just knew you just did it out of Jinki-hyung’s wishes, I could’ve just let you be.”

Taemin smiled slightly. “It’s okay. I could understand. I mean you wanted everything to go back to normal and that you wanted them both to be happy and hearing me backing out was just so wrong.” Taemin said.

Then silence covered them again. Key was never awkward with people even with strangers but this time he just can’t help it. He was clueless of what to do. He glanced at Taemin and sighed.

“Taemin…” He called out. The youngest looked at him. “I…’

Taemin’s heart throbbed. ‘Is he going to confess to me?’ He thought.

Key took a deep breath, and stared at Taemin straight in the eyes. “I… want us to remain friends after all the things I said.” Key said. “Please forget those embarrassing words I told you. I want us to remain what we used to be. I don’t want to be awkward with you.”

Taemin was taken aback for a while before clearing his throat. He doesn’t know why but he felt disappointed. “Okay.” He answered. “I would like that too hyung. Nothing could ever ruin our friendship.” He smiled.

They smiled at each other not even noticing the presence of a person who forcefully went inside their house uninvited.

“Such a sweet conversation. How about letting me join in?”

The both of them turned to see Minho leaning on the door frame with his arms crossed on his chest.

Taemin frowned. “What are you doing here Minho-hyung?” He asked stepping in front of Key as if to protect him.

“What am I doing here? You know why I’m here.” Minho said.

 

-----------------------------

 

Jonghyun stared at his boyfriend like he’d never seen him before. Years of being away from him made him want to keep the older to himself.

Jinki smiled at Jonghyun. “Why are you looking at me like that?” He asked, tracing Jonghyun’s rather sharp jaw.

Jonghyun just smiled softly and pulled Jinki even closer. “I miss you.”

Jinki blushed and pecked Jonghyun by his nose. “I miss you too. I still can’t forgive myself from forgetting you.” He said.

Jonghyun nuzzled Jinki’s neck. “It’s not your fault. You had amnesia and Minho’s poisoning your brain. It’s not your fault. It will never be.”

“That still doesn’t give me reasons to forget and push you away like what I did in the hospital.” Jinki argued.

Jonghyun just smiled. “You won’t leave me right?” He asked.

Jinki smiled lovingly and tilted Jonghyun’s chin. “I won’t because I love you so much. That will never change Jjong.” He said before closing the distance between them.

Little moments like this that made the two of them so happy. Those little moments were precious to them. But those were broken when Key’s loud voice boomed around the house.

“Jonghyun!”

Jonghyun rolled his eyes. “I wonder what that diva wants now.” He said.

“They would probably tell us that he Taemin decided to finally hit it off.” Jinki joked.

The two of them laughed before exiting the younger’s room. “What do you want Key? Can’t you see I’m having a moment with my lover?” He asked not looking at the door but to Key and Taemin who seems frozen on the spot.

“I want Jinki…”

 

-------------------------------------------------