Chapter 9

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

"Ow! Do it gently please." Jonghyun hiss as Key is tending to his bruises.

 

"It happened again! Seriously! Did you do something wrong?" Key said as he so his thing.

 

"I didn't do anything wrong Key. I'm sure that I don't even know them." Jonghyun said.

 

Jinki is in a corner watching Key as he nurse Jonghyun. He sigh.   

 

"Excuse me guys. I'll just call mom if I can stay over here." He excuse.

 

Jonghyun smiles at him.

 

He left the living room to the veranda but no to call his mother but to call...

 

"Hello?" A deep voice on the other line said.

 

"Minho..." He said.

 

--

 

"Is Jinki-hyung alright?" Key asks as he put the first aid kit aside.

 

Jonghyun frowns at him.

 

"Huh? What do you mean?"

 

"Its just he look so exhausted or something." Key said. Jonghyun stops for a moment and think.

 

Exhausted? Did Minho did something again?

 

"Don't worry Key, I know Jinki. If things gets out of hand he'll tell me right away." Jonghyun said, also trying to convince himself

 

After a while Jinki came back smiling.

 

"Hey, mom said its okay if I stay here for the night." Jinki said, taking a seat next to Jonghyun. 

 

"Fantastic! We can have fun tonight!" Jonghyun said, wriggling his brow.

 

Jinki whack him in the head. " No we can't! You're hurt Jjong. I don't want to make it worse." He said, caressing Jonghyun's bruised face.

 

"But I'm not the one who is going to have a d--"

 

In an instant, Jonghyun is rubbing his now aching head caused by Key .

 

"Keep the information all to yourself you stupid Dino!" Key said, massaging his temples. "I think I'm going to have nightmares tonight!"

 

Jinki can only laugh to that.

 

--

 

Taemin is pacing all around his room, remembering the talk he just overheard.

 

Flashback:

 

"Do it. I want that midget covered in bruise. I don't care if his ugly face is ruined just don't hurt Jinki or you won't get the money." He heard Minho's deep voice.

 

He placed his trembling hands on his mouth while his eyes are wide open.

 

End of flashback:

 

"How could Minho-hyung do that to Jonghyun hyung? Is he really that in love with Jinki-hyung to hurt him?" Taemin mutters to himself. "Should I tell it to Jinki-hyung? Should I confront Minho-hyung? Telling Jonghyun-hyung is out of the question so maybe I should tell Jinki hyung." He sigh. "Everything is a mess."

 

--

 

 

The next day.

 

"Jinki hyung?" Jinki heard Taemin's voice.

 

"Taemin-ah? Wae?" He asks smiling.

 

But Taemin's attention got caught by Jonghyun's face.

 

"Como! What happened to Jonghyun-hyung?" He asks, eyes wide.

 

Jonghyun smiles sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck. "Well, the beatings happened again. As usual I'm their target." He said.

 

Taemin look down and bit his lip as he sunk down to his reverie.

 

Jinki notice it so he called out the younger guy's name.

 

"Taemin-ah? I thought you want to tell me something?" 

 

"Ah Y-yeah. Can we? I mean, can we talk in private hyung?" Taemin asks again.

 

Jinki smiles. "Sure."

 

"Please follow me."

 

Taemin lead Jinki in the hallway where he is sure that no one can hear them.

 

"What do you want to talk about Taemin-ah?" Jinki asks.

 

Taemin turn to Jinki with a serious expression.

 

"I know who beat up Jonghyun-hyung." He said.

 

Jinki frowns and quite taken aback from what Taemin said.

 

"What?"

 

"The person who ordered to beat up Jonghyun hyung is no other than Minho-hyung." Taemin said.

 

Jinki laughs. 

 

"Taemin-ah, stop joking okay. Minho can't do something like that. why would he do that anyway?" Jinki asks.

 

"Because he hates Jonghyun-hyung. Hates him so much." Taemin said seriously.

 

"I know he does hate Jjong but it doesn't mean that he is capable of hurting him. Minho is n-nice despite his cold behaviour to my boyfriend Taemin-ah." Jinki said, ruffling Taemin's hair.

 

Jinki already left while Taemin is rooted on the spot.

 

You don't know what you're saying hyung.

 

Taemin thought.

 

But what Taemin didn't know is that Jinki does know what he is saying. He knows that Minho is the one at fault for everything that is happening but he just don't want to admit it. 

 

Minho-yah, stop this already. When are you going to let go?