Chapter 14

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

 

As Key and Taemin arrive at the hospital, they learned that the three of them is inside the emergency room. Both Minho and Jonghyun's injury isn't critical so Key heaved a sigh of relief. But unfortunately, Jinki's injury is severe. He is in a critical condition.

 

"What happened to them? How come it came to this?" Key ask, while waiting for the doctor to come out of the ER. 

 

Taemin is speechless. Deep in his thoughts. He can't believe that Minho can do something like this. That the love he is nursing can hurt others so badly as this. You must say that Taemin is jumping to conclusion for blaming Minho so easily as that, but who could've done something like this if its not for Minho? No one. No one would dare to hurt and break the couple that everyone in their school finds cute and romantic. The perfect couple.

 

Then, after a while of silence the doctor assigned to Jinki came out. 

 

"Who is related to Mr. Lee Jinki?" The doctor ask.

 

Key stand up and approach the doctor. "I'm his friend." he said. "How is he doctor?"

 

"I have good news and bad news. Good news is, he is okay but the bad news is, he might not wake up for a while." The doctor said.

 

Taemin frown. "What do you mean by that doctor?" He ask.

 

"Mr. Lee suffered from a head truama. We managed to take the blood cloth that formed in his head so his life isn't critical now but we're not sure when he would wake up." The doctor narrates.

 

Key look down. 

 

"Do you have anything you want to ask?" The doctor ask.

 

Key bit his lower lip. "Can we see him?" He ask.

 

The doctor smile. "You can, but ask the nurses to sanitize you. The patient is still sensitive, we need to isolate him for a while." Then the doctor seems like he remember something. "Also, because of the head trauma, Mr. Lee might have an amnesia when he wakes up."

 

Taemin and Key bit their lower lip and nods.

 

--

 

Key gasp while Taemin wince while looking at Jinki. The older guy is in a state that is unbearable to see. Full of bandages and covered in bruises. 

Key walk straight to his hyung and look at him with sad eyes. 

 

"Why?" Key ask. Taemin look at him with worried eyes."Why is this happening?" 

 

Taemin look down. 

 

Key sniff. "I should call Lee-ajhumma." He said, taking his phone out.

 

Taemin's eyes widen. He grab Key's arm to stop him. "Don't!" He yelp.

 

Key frown. "Why? Ajhumma needs to learn about this. Both of her son is in danger." 

 

"They can't know this." Taemin said. "Imagine what trouble it would bring."

 

"Trouble?" He sigh. "You know what? I don't know what's going on anymore. Jinki-hyung, Jonghyun and Minho are still unconscious. Jinki-hyung might not wake up and I don't even know what caused this at all!" Key hiss.

 

Taemin look away. "I don't want Minho-hyung to be blamed by his parents or by the others if I tell you." He said.

 

"Why would he be blamed? This is not his fault right?" Key said.

 

"You don't understand." Taemin said. 

 

Key frown. "Then make me!" 

 

"Minho... Minho-hyung is in love with..." Taemin swallow. "... Jinki-hyung."

 

"W-what...?" Key mutter, confused.

 

Taemin glance at Jinki. "Things are complicated because Minho-hyung loves Jinki-hyung." He said. "Jonghyun-hyung discovered it. That's all I know." 

 

"So that's why Minho hate my cousin so much but, before Lee-ajhumma married Choi-ajhussi and before Minho met Jinki-hyung, the both of them are already together. And, I'll tell you. They're unseperable." Key said. "He should've just given up."

 

"He doesn't want to give up. Minho-hyung is stubborn and if he want something, he'll do anything to have it." Taemin said. "And when I say anything, its anything." 

 

--

 

One week passed, before Jonghyun and Minho gain their consciousness.

 

"Key? Where is Jinki? Is he alright?" Jonghyun's first question once he can talk without complications. 

 

Key bit his lower lip. "He's... okay Jjong. But, he's still in coma and the doctor said he might not wake up for a while and if he would, he might suffer an amnesia."

 

Jonghyun tried to stand up but failing so badly. He only managed to hurt himself.

 

"Jjong!" Key yelp worriedly. "You're not allowed to move so much! The doctor said, your stiches might open up." 

 

"I want to see Jinki." Jonghyun said. "I want to be with him right now." He continue while trying to stand up once again, only to wince in pain.

 

Key pushed him gently on the bed. "Not now Jjong. I'll keep an eye on hyung in your behalf. Just take care of yourself for now. I'm sure Jinki-hyung will want you to do the same."

 

Thankfully, Jonghyun listened to Key. He do know that Jinki won't like it if Jonghyun hurt himself because of Jinki. 

 

--

 

Taemin has been staring at Minho for a while. He came to see how is the taller guy's condition. The first thing he see is Minho on a sitting position and staring into nothing.

 

Taemin sigh. "Are you happy now?" He ask.

 

Minho didn't reply.

 

"Tell me Minho-hyung. Are you happy now that Jinki-hyung is bed-ridden?" Taemin said, eyes tearing up. "Why are you so selfish?"

 

Once again, no answer. 

 

Taemin sniff. "Because of you... Jinki-hyung is suffering from a head trauma. Worse, he might have an amnesia."

 

Minho's ears perked up in interest. "Amnesia?"

 

"Oh! So you can still hear and speak. How nice." Taemin said sarcastically despite the shake in his voice.

 

"Shut up. Just tell me, is Jinki really suffering amnesia?" Minho ask with a frown.

 

Taemin stare at Minho with unreadable face. "I hope this serves as a lesson to you Minho-hyung. Stop it. Don't be selfish." 

 

And Taemin left. Once the younger is gone, an evil smirk creeped up Minho's smirk.

 

"...Its still not over Jinki. I will have you no matter what. You're only mine."

 

--

 

One month passed before Jonghyun and Minho finally got out of the hospital. Thre three of them decided to leave the Lee households because they don't want Jonghyun to be anywhere near Minho. Key is afraid that his cousin might kill Minho. Even though the taller is a douche, he is still Jinki's brother. 

 

Just like Taemin said, Key tried to tell Jinki's parents about what happened but Jonghyun stopped him. He don't want to worry Lee-ajhumma.

 

All of them is waiting a call from Jinki's doctor. They all asked the nurse to call them if ever the older wakes up. They are all losing their hope but one day, Minho receives a call.

 

"...Hello? Is this the Lee residence?"

 

"Yes. This is the owner's son Minho speaking. Who's this?" Minho answer.

 

"...This is Dr. Jung. I just want to inform you that Mr. Lee is finally awake." Minho's heart leaped up hearing that.

 

"Really? I'll come right away!"

 

"...Okay. I also have to call Mr. Kim because he said I should keep him updated on his friend's situation." The doctor said.

 

Minho frown. "Actually, Dr. Jung. Can you not call Jonghyun?" He ask.

 

"...Why?" The doctor ask. Minho can probably sense the frown creeping up the doctor's face because of his confusion.

 

"Just because." Minho answer. "Can you?"

 

Minho can feel the doctor hesitating. "I can do that. But I really should call him. So, I'm sorry Minho." And the call ends. 

 

Minho glare at the device on his hands, as if he could melt it. And after that, he immediately went to the hospital.

 

--

 

The first thing that he see when he opened Jinki's hospital room is the older guy sitting on his bed with a dextrose still connected to him. But still Minho finds him beautiful. 

 

Jinki turn to the new commer and tilt his head.

 

"Jinki." Minho called out.

 

Jinki frown. "Am I Jinki?" He ask.

 

Minho nods. "Yes. And I'm Minho... you're boyfriend."

 

--

 

While on the other side of Korea, Jonghyun is practically sitting in front of the telephone. Waiting for it to ring. Once ot did, Jonghyun wretled the cable in his haste to answer it. Key clicked his tongue in his cousin's stupidity before answering the phone himself. 

 

"Hello?" Key answer. "Really?" His face lit up. "Oh! Okay! He is on his way!"

 

Jonghyun frown at Key when the younger ended the call. "Who is it Key? Is it the hospital?"

 

Key nods. "You should dress up. Jinki is awake!"

 

And Jonghyun did in just a matter of seconds. When he get to the hospital though, Jinki just got back to sleep. The nurse said it's because of the side effects of the medicine. Jonghyun is disappointed. For real. He finally had the chance to talk to Jinki but his boyfriend is asleep. Now, that's just bad timming.

 

Jonghyun drive home with a slump shoulder. He is damn sad.

 

Key noticed the sad atmosphere that is lingering on his cousin's head.

 

"What's wrong with you Jonghyun?"

 

Jonghyun sigh. "He is asleep today. He just had his medicine." He answer.

 

Key's face soften. "Don't worry Jjong. You will have your chance.

 

--

 

That bad timming continued for a week until the day that he's been waiting for, finally came. 

 

The three of them; Jonghyun, Key and Taemin, is in the hospital right outside Jinki's hospital room door. 

 

"Are you just going to stand here hyung? Don't you want to go inside?" Taemin ask.

 

"But I'm afraid. He has amnesia and I'm afraid he will forget me." Jonghyun answer.

 

Key smile. "Then make him remember you. Its not that hard Jjong."

 

Jonghyun smile. "You're right." 

 

--

 

Jinki's chains of thoughts halted because of his room door creaking open. He look up to see a face quite familiar but he just can't remember who. The only one he knew from his past is Minho. His... boyfriend.

 

"Who are you?" Jinki ask.

 

"I'm Jonghyun..." Jonghyun answer.

 

Jinki frown. "Jonghyun? Kim... Jonghyun?" He ask.

 

Jonghyun nods. "Why? Can you... Can you remember me?"

 

"No... You." Jinki said, now glaring at Jonghyun's direction. "You're the reason I am here in this bed and can't remember a thing!" He add. "You were also involved in the accident!"

 

Jonghyun's eyes widen hearing that. Did Jinki say he is at fault? How so? He was only there to save him. "Me? You're wrong Jinki. I was there to save you. Minho pushed you-"

 

"Minho was right." Jinki said stopping Jonghyun's words. "He said, you were going to put the blame on him and its true." 

 

"I'm not putting the blame on him! I am only trying to tell you the truth! Whatever... whatever Minho told you, its all lies--"

 

"That too. Minho told me that you will accuse him of lying." Jinki intervenes. He glared at Jonghyun so hard that the latter got shocked. Never once did Jinki look at him with that intensity. Not even when he tried to annoy the hell out of him during first year days. "Go away now Kim Jonghyun-ssi. I don't want to see you. Go away before my boyfriends comes back." 

 

Jonghyun frown a little. "Boyfriend? W-who?" 

 

"Minho."

 

--

 

Key and Taemin is waiting for Jonghyun to emerge from Jinki's hospital room. They are oblivious to anything that is happening inside. Key secretly glance on Taemin. The younger is staring staright on the floor like he is memorizing every inch of it. 

 

Key's thoughts go back to when Taemin told him that he fell in love and that person is Minho. It hurts to know that. It hurts to see Taemin moping because of Minho. The guy who doesn't deserve any love at all. Especially, Jinki's.

 

His reminiscing stopped when Jonghyun came out of the room feeling dejected.

 

"Jjong. How was it? What's wrong?" Key ask.

 

"He can't remember me..." Jonghyun said. 

 

Taemin frown and Key roll his eyes. "Duh! In what sense can't you understand the word amnesia?"

 

Jonghyun shake his head. "That's not what I mean... he said that Minho told him I was the reason why he can't remember anything. I was the one who got him in that accident and that Minho is his boyfriend." He said.

 

Key frown. "Wait! What do you mean by that?!" He exclaimed. "What he said was totally the opposite!"

 

Taemin stare at Jinki's room door with frown.

 

"Let's just go..." Jonghyun said. 

 

Key and Taemin shared a look before following the elder.

 

--

 

Just around the corner, Minho is situated and shamelessly eavesdropping. He heard everything and they're right. He manipulated Jinki. With the guy's current situation coming up with lies is easy.

 

A few weeks ago...

 

"Minho? My boyfriend?" Jinki ask confused.

 

"Yes Jinki." Minho answer.

 

"Minho, why can't I remember you? Why am I in a hospital?" Jinki asked. There are lots of thing he don't understand and being in a hospital is one of that.

 

"You see Jinki, we got into an accident a month ago. I suffered a small injury but you got the hardest impact, because you're in the passenger's seat." Minho start. "And now, you're here in this hospital because you have an amnesia." 

 

Jinki frown. "So, we had a car accident..." He said.

 

"No."

 

Jinki look up and stare at Minho incredoulously. "What do you mean?" 

 

"Because Kim Jonghyun don't want us to be together..." 

 

---

 

'Human brain is easy to manipulate once you know the right words to say and in the right time.' Minho thought as he walk back to Jinki's room with a smirk.

 

 

 

 

---