Chapter 26

My Boyfriend is not Yours!

“Taemin-ah, can I ask you something?” Minho inquired as he feed Taemin some bananas.

They were alone in the house since the Jonghyun and Jinki went out for groceries while Key went out and about for some personal business he dared to keep a secret.

Taemin took the banana from Minho and looked up to him in confusion. “Yes, hyung?” He asked back.

The two of them reconciled with just a simple sorry. Taemin is too nice to even hold a grudge to the person he loved. After a hug and a heartfelt and dramatic scene of apologies, they all reconciled ane everything is better now.

Minho looked hesitant for a while before finally sighing and voicing out his thoughts. “Do you…” He his lips. “Do you still love me?” He asked, slightly flustered and embarrassed about his question.

If he had an option he won’t be doing this but he couldn’t say no to Jinki. Even though he let the older go, the urge of doing everything to make the older happy is a habit that he couldn’t disregard.

Taemin was silent for a whole while just staring at Minho with a blank face. It made Minho a bit worried until Taemin bursts out laughing. Minho was puzzled as to the reaction of the youngest.

“What?” He asked.

When Taemin was done laughing he smiled to Minho amusedly. “Well, it’s a bit refreshing to see you with such expression, hyung. I was kind a used to the whole menacing face and to see such anxiety and awkward face, it’s just so funny.”

Minho sighed. Ever since they all fixed their problems, Minho became their entertainment. Key said it was payback from all his troubles but he just thinks the diva is just punishing him because Taemin was in love with him.

“Shut up, you. Just answer it okay.”

Taemin shrugged. “I don’t like you like that anymore.” He said.

Minho smiled and peeled off another banana when he noticed that the one Taemin is eating was close to one. “Then what about Key?” He asked, looking at Taemin. “Do you like him?” He noticed the blush on the youngest face and smirked. “You’re blushing Taemin.”

“Well…” Taemin tilted is face to the side and Minho remained quiet waiting for the answer. “I like him…”

Minho nodded but he knows that there is something more to that. “But?”

Taemin sighed. “But I’m not sure.” He finally said.

Minho frowned. “What do you mean you don’t know?”

The youngest fiddled with his hands. “I know I told you that I don’t like you like that anymore but I don’t know if I’m capable of falling for someone as how I fell for you. I don’t know if I’m fully over you or I’m just used to loving you.” He admitted.

“I see.” Minho just said. You just need a little push then…

 

--------------------

 

“Will you two stop pestering me?” Key snapped at Jinki and Jonghyun whose been tailing him ever since that morning.

When Taemin was discharged from the hospital, the couple made it their personal goal to pester him about his feelings for the injured youngest. It annoyed Key to no end.

“But Key, what if Taemin is actually over Minho and that you have a great deal of chance to be with him?” Jinki insisted.

“And what if he is not?”

“What if he is waiting for you to confess?” Jonghyun asked.

“What if he’s not?” Key emphasized.

“What if-“

“What if Taemin is still hanged up with Minho and now that he is free from his obsession of you he thought that he could finally be together with him?” Key interrupted. “Just because that your love life is okay now doesn’t mean you can interfere with mine. I won’t allow such a fickle thing to break my heart.”

Jinki and Jonghyun was quite for a while until it was broken by Key’s phone.

“Hello?” Key answered before beaming. “Oh sure!” Jinki and Jonghyun was puzzled as to who the other person on the line is that could ause such happiness on Key’s face. “Wait for me then! I need a bit of diversion since I’m stressed.” He emphasized by glaring at the couple beside him.

“Who are you talking to?” Jonghyun asked once Key was done talking on the phone.

“Woohyun.” He answered with a smile.

Jinki frowned. “That nurse who took care of Taemin? You’re friends with him?”

“Yep!” Key said. “We became close after a while since we have a lot in common, shopping for example. Anyway, I’m going out for a while. Don’t wait for me and order some take out if no one wanted to cook.”

The couple was left dumbfounded until a mischievous grin crossed Jinki’s face.

“What are you smiling about, yeobo?” Jonghyun asked.

“Jjong, how about a trip to the hospital tomorrow?” Jinki asked sweetly, too sweet n Jonghyun’s opinion.

Jonghyun frowned. “What?”

 

---------------------

Woohyun stared at the three people in front of him. A few inutes ago he was called by the reception relaying that he has some visitor. He was curious of course since his parents were abroad and that his friends were busy by this time of the day aside from the fact that they never visit him in the hospital, something about a trauma and the smell of antiseptic. How surprised he was though when he saw The trio that of Key’s friend.

“Yes? Is there anything I can do for you?” He asked leaning back on his chair with a smile. They were in the cafeteria by the way.

Jinki leaned forward. “Can you lend us some help?” He asked. The remaining two could only stare at them.

Woohyun tilted his head. “What kind of help if I may ask?”

Jinki smiled. “Help us make Taemin jealous.”

Minho and Jonghyun looked at Jinki in surprised at how bold the older is while Woohyun was amused.

“Pardon?”

“You heard me.”

Woohyun smiled in amusement. “Are you asking me to make the patient I took care before jealous? Why should I do that?”

“Because I heard Key is your friend.” Jinki stated.

“So? That doesn’t give me any rights to play with him.” – Woohyun.

“You’re not going to play with him. You just need to act a bit intimate with Key.” – Jinki.

“What would it benefit me?” Woohyun asked.

Jinki smirked. “Are you really asking that?” Woohyun tilted his head. “The likes of you are those who take amusement at people who they could mess with. I know you’re already interested with this matter.”

Woohyun chuckled. “Perceptive.” He said. “There’s a glitch though.” Jinki raised a brow in silent question. “What if by acting intimate with Key, he might fall for me?”

Jinki shrugged. “I doubt it. I know Key, he won’t fall for someone like him. You’re like Key so I’m confident that he won’t fall for you.”

Woohyun is impressed. “Impressive. You’re good with this mind games.”

“I ranked second in school, this is nothing.” Jinki anwered.

“How should I do that anyway, Taemin is still in house arrest, I couldn’t pretend to be intimate to Key without him seeing. It’s pointless.” Woohyun said.

“Easy.” Jinki smiled. “Just make him invite you to our house.” He noticed the confused face on Woohyun. “We’re sort of staying in one house at the moment.” The latter nodded. “So deal?”

“Well, there’s no harm in helping.” Woohyun remarked. “So why not? Deal.”

The two of them smiled in satisfaction while Jonghyun and Minho sighed tiredly. The tension earlier caused a strain in their brains, having Jinki in this personality is a danger to ones sanity.

 

---------------------

 

“Where did you guys go?” Key asked when the trio arrived home.

Jonghyun and Minho stiffened, they couldn’t tell Key that they went to the hospital to talk with Woohyun right? He’ll get suspicious.

“Uh…” Minho stuttered and glanced at Jonghyun who swallowed in nervousness, Jinki just rolled his eyes.

“We went out for a date.” Jinki answered in their stead.

Key raised a brow. “Date? The three of you?”

“Yeah.” Jinki confirmed with a smile. “To catch up and make up for the ruined time.” Key just nodded.

Minho and Jonghyun never felt so relieved in their entire time until that moment.

 

-------------------------

Woohyun watched as Key raid the clothing store with sharp eyes. He’s amused at the little frustration in his shopping buddy’s face.

“Are you okay, Key?” Woohyun asked.

Key turned to him before sighing. “I’m okay.” He said. “It’s just everything is stressing me right now. All of them- well except Taemin that is, are acting weird. It’s making me uncomfortable.” He admitted.

“Acting weird?” Woohyun inquired. “Like how?”

Key walked to a set of sweaters hanged on the corner that catches his attention. “For example, Jinki-hyun will suddenly smile at me for no apparent reason, Jonghyun would just smirk at me like he knows something I don’t which is impossible since I’m smarter than him and Minho, he will suddenly stare at me like I’m some sort of specimen. I don’t know it’s weird.” He said.

Woohyun cleared his throat to hide his smile. “You know, they seem harmless though. Maybe they think you’re hiding something from them and that they thought they actually figured it out.” He said. “Let’s admit it, you’ve been out of your house for almost every day. It must’ve been mysterious for them.”

Key scowled. “But I’m with you!”

Woohyun shrugged. “They’re not really aware of that.”

“They are! I told them every time you invited me out.” He insisted.

“Then maybe they thought we’re dating.” Woohyun remarked, checking out a grey sweater.

Key sputtered. “What? That’s ridiculous!”

Woohyun turned to him. “You don’t want to?”

“Why would I want to?” Key asked.

The former smiled and leaned close to Key who stiffened. He sniffed a slight smell of Woohyun’s fresh scent. He doesn’t smell like antiseptic and hospital, he smell like citrus and apples. “You know Key, I’ve been noticing this for quite a while.” Key swallowed as Woohyun stared at him directly in the eyes. “You do look pretty in gray.” He said as he glanced at the clothes that Key was holding.

Key blinked so fast as he swallowed the lump in his throat when Woohyun backed away. Gaining his composure, he glared at the latter. “You shut up.” Woohyun just laugh at him.

“Anyway, I would like to meet your friend Taemin again.” He said, Key raised a brow at him. “I want to know if he’s okay now. Gun wounds tend to heal slower than other injuries, so I want to know if how he’s coping up. I’m still a nurse after all.”

Key nodded. “Maybe you’re right, after all, if we want Taemin to be in best condition then you should check on him.” He said, looking at Woohyun who smiled. “Come with me and maybe you can have dinner with us later, I’m in charge of the making dinner anyway.”

“You take turns in making dinner?” Woohyun asked.

“Of course.” He answered. “No one in that house knows how to cook and I don’t want to eat take outs every day. Jinki-hyung always insist to eat fried chicken, it’s greasy and unhealthy.” Woohyun just smiled.

Well, this is easy. He thought as he watch Key raid the whole mall once again.

--------------------

Taemin frowned hearing a foreign voice outside. He wasn’t aware that they have a visitor. Standing up and walking to the door, he was welcomed by a loud laugh coming from the living room courtesy of Jinki. He was curious as to what brought the laugh. Making his way to the living room, he passed Minho on the way.

“Taemin, do you need something? I thought you were sleeping.” Minho said.

Taemin smiled. “I was, just woke up. What is going on though, hyung? I didn’t know we have a visitor.” He said.

Minho smiled back. “Oh, it’s Key’s friend, Woohyun-ssi. Why don’t you meet him? I’m just going out for a while Key wanted me to buy something.”

Taemin frowned. “Okay.”

When he reached the living room, he immediately saw his hyungs talking to a raven haired man. He remembered that guy, he was his nurse. It seems that the three of them noticed his presence and gestured him to come closer.

“Hi.” He greeted.

Jinki grinned. “Taemin-ah, his is Nam Woohyun. He was your-“

“Nurse.” Taemin interrupted the older. “I remembered.”

Jinki and Jonghyun subtly exchanged looks. “Hey. Sorry to impose with you guys tonight.” Woohyun said.

Taemin remained silent as he stared at his previous nurse. Jinki somehow, noticed a slight tension in the air excused himself and Jonghyun.

“Uhm… How about you entertain Woohyun for a while Taemin-ah? We’re just going to help Key prepare the meal.” Jinki said, pulling his boyfriend by the hand. “He came here to see you in the first place.” Then they left before Taemin could protest.

Silence ensued once the couple left them alone. Taemin turned to Woohyun and sighed, weakly walking to sit opposite him, he started talking.

“You came here to see me? Why?”

Woohyun smiled. “I was your nurse Taemin-ssi. I want to check on you. I want to make sure that my previous patient is in good condition. Above everything else, I’m a nurse.” He said.

Taemin nodded. “I see.”

“Are you feeling okay now?” Woohyun asked.

Taemin glanced at the wound on his abdomen. “It still stings a bit whenever I move so fast.”

“I see.” Woohyun said, inspecting Taemin. “I suggest you take it slow and stay in bed for a while. I think it will still be for another week before the pain subsides, you also still have to change bandage every two hours or so. You should eat foods that might help increase your sugar level. You lost a lot of blood before.” He suggested.

“Don’t worry, Key-hyung is doing all of what the doctor instructed. I’m being taken good care of.” Taemin said.

Woohyun chuckled. “Well, Key is good with being motherly. He’s meticulous too.” He complimented.

Taemin frowned. “How…” He swallowed. “How did you become friends with Key-hyung?” He asked.

The nurse tilted his head and subtly examines the injured kid. “I met Key when he was crying in the hospital while waiting for the doctor to finish operating you.” He started. Upon hearing those words, Taemin stared at Woohyun in surprise. “Then we became close as he continues to come and visit you in the hospital. We talked a lot and learned a lot of things about each other. Key is easy to get along, he’s funny to be with. I’m comfortable with him. I like him.”

A frown marred Taemin’s face. “You like him?” He almost cringed at the cold tone that could easily trace in his voice.

Woohyun smirked inwardly. “Yeah. And I plan to get to know him better.” He said. “After all, Key is single and I don’t want the fluttery feeling whenever he’s near go away soon enough.”

“Fluttery feeling?” Taemin asked.

“Hn. A feeling whenever someone you love or like is near.” Woohyun said “Have you felt something like that Taemin-ssi?”

Taemin couldn’t answer in time as Key strolled in the living room to call them for dinner. Throughout the entire time, Taemin was uncomfortable with how close Key and Woohyun is. How flirty the nurse is. When it was time for Woohyun to leave, he did something that shocked the entire threshold. Woohyun kissed Key on the corner of his lips.

“Goodnight. I’ll miss you, thank you for the night.” Then he left.

Everyone was dumbfounded, until…

“Kim Kibum! What was that about?” Jonghyun asked with eyes wide open.

“He said he’ll miss you!” Minho added.

“I don’t know!” Key answered blushing and clearly in daze.

“But you’re blushing Key!” Jinki remarked that darken the blush on his face.

Key shook his head and stomped to his room. “Shut up you guys!” He yelled.

“Wait! Kibum, are you falling for Woohyun-ssi?” Jinki asked all of a sudden that halted him and piqued everyone’s interest. “Well?”

Key turned to him. “Maybe.” Then he went to his room.

Jinki grinned to the remaining three. “I think they look good together.” Darting his eyes to Taemin he asked. “Don’t you think so too Taemin-ah?”

Taemin forced a smile but clenched his fist.

 

-----------------------

A/n: Lame, I know. Btw, I’m not a medical student so I don’t know the post-treatment for gun wounds or any wounds. All I know is you just have to put plaster on it and let it heal on it itself (Well, for normal cuts) so I’m not sure if what I wrote was okay but, let’s pretend it is xD. I’m lazy to research about such so excuse this chapter. Hope you will like this chapter too and sorry for not being able to update.