Chapter Thirty

Design My Heart

- CHAPTER THIRTY -

 

HeeChul then started ordering DongHae to call HyukJae and to follow him to the underground parking. His R8 revved to life in mere seconds and the car moved from the underground parking. DongHae did have the time to actually stare at a few of the cars collection HeeChul has and believe him when he says this: the price of the whole collection + the mansion and content itself could probably buy an airplane or two alone. DongHae’s imagination didn’t wander off any further when he was met with HyukJae’s voicemail.

 

He tried several times but failed and told the elder that he can’t seem to reach HyukJae. HeeChul just nodded and started pressing on his phone which was connected via Bluetooth to his car. He contacted their close friends to see if they saw HyukJae or if any of them is with him. The attempts failed and even DongHae was getting restless by the minute. HeeChul even resulted in calling few of the clubs they frequented before this. DongHae caught on quite a few of the names and shivered at the thought of such expensive places.

 

It was a short drive, DongHae realized. They were met with the security who nodded his head at HeeChul when the elder rolled down the window on his side. The car smoothly entered the visitor’s parking section and when HeeChul got out, DongHae followed him. It was rare to see the elder so quiet; he was guessing that Hyukjae really is important to him since he was being his serious self instead of his usual playful manner. His strides were long and fast in which DongHae had quite a difficulty in keeping up with since he always took his own leisure time.

 

Stepping into the clean and brightly lit elevator, he saw the elder punched both the 8th floor and close buttons rapidly. Plus, he was tapping his feet, and if DongHae was right, the elder was either nervous or worried. He didn’t ask where they were heading to for he wanted to lessen the burden HeeChul might have. He was undeniably thinking about HyukJae so DongHae didn’t want to pressure the other into answering his petty question. A soft ding! ensued in the elevator and they both stepped out onto the shiny mosaic-flooring.

 

After passing 2 doors, HeeChul came to a halt and DongHae had to look away to respect the elder’s privacy and the owner of the penthouse. Another soft bell chiming sound filled DongHae’s ears as the elder softly tugged him into the place and the first thing that hit one of his main senses is the pungent stench of alcohol. Perhaps HeeChul sensed the similar thing when he made audible sniffing sound and his facial expression turned darker by the seconds. DongHae didn’t know what to do, so he looked around the penthouse.

 

It was in a way, clean and maybe…distant, cold even. It was pristine white and blue; added with soft touches of light grey and beige all around. There was not a single personal touch visible in the vicinity. There were photographs, but mostly of models on runways; creative they were, indeed. Plus, a few touches of intricate little decorations from different parts of the globe, similar to his; perhaps the person travels a lot just like him. The room was dark when DongHae’s left leg collided with the hardwood frame of a sofa.

 

“Living room,” HeeChul’s voice carried in the place and automatically the room’s silver-black sputnik chandelier brightened up and gave a soft silhouette to the furniture around the place.

 

Compared to HeeChul’s traditional-style mansion, this place was different, more contemporary. The elder headed off deeper into the penthouse as DongHae stayed behind in the living room to look at his surroundings. DongHae finally saw the C-shaped sofa that his foot caught on. The soft beige fabric cushions were encased with intricate cross-cut pattern of the Abaca hardwood frame. No doubt it was one of the most expensive sofas, it was Padma’s.

 

DongHae’s little tour would have continued if not for the fact that he heard the elder cried out HyukJae’s name and a few seconds after that, his. He followed the voice and passed by the kitchen, which he caught a sight of, was littered with cans and bottles of alcoholic drinks. When he finally met the elder’s thwarted feature, again he was met by a far worse smell than the alcohol drinks themselves: vomit and urine. DongHae peered into the pointed direction of the elder’s slender finger and finally, saw the face of the person he wanted to see the most.

 

Although HyukJae was sprawled like a starfish with disheveled mob of blonde hair, pale-faced and slightly ajar jaw, he looked good to DongHae. From bad to worst thoughts clawed into DongHae’s mind as he quickly shot down and grabbed for the male.

 

Did he commit suicide?! Is he forever asleep?!

 

DongHae cradled HyukJae’s head onto his lap and called out the male’s name for the hundredth time, when he was finally responded with soft snores and HeeChul cursed under his breath as he walked away from the washroom’s occupants.

 

When he shouted for the bedroom , he heard the soft, short beep but he couldn’t fathom where it was coming from. HeeChul’s head popped out from the kitchen and his finger pointed towards the stairs and told DongHae to head for the east wing. With the snoring and sweating male carefully fastened behind him on a piggy-back, DongHae climbed the stairs slowly and went to the said room. He was greeted by a state-of-the art room and he gape for a few minutes until the smelly burden behind him started wiggling and giggling in his sleep.

 

He placed the male on the silver covered bedding and went out to find HeeChul so that they could swap their tasks; HeeChul clean HyukJae – since he’s way too shy to do it – and DongHae clears the ground floor’s mess. The elder gave his devilish smirk but complied nonetheless. So, DongHae began his task and started cleaning the kitchen. Once done, he headed for the washroom. Although the scene was bad and HyukJae would probably be embarrassed later on, but thinking about how the other male would have felt at the airport, DongHae just forgets the mess HyukJae created and dutifully finishes his job.

 

DongHae stayed over at HyukJae’s place under HeeChul’s command and he was thankful that the elder stayed there with him as well since he would be clueless on what to do. KyuHyun called him when they finally landed in Incheon and DongHae just told the younger not to worry. The very next day, HyukJae didn’t bugde or as much as move while he slept the day away as DongHae watched over him while HeeChul went off to settle on his new design’s issue. That night, the elder was restless since HyukJae didn’t wake up yet and he decided to call their friend over to check up on HyukJae.

 

The friend came over in a form of a fresh looking young male who claimed to be ‘Dr. Kim’ and was enveloped into a bear hug by HeeChul when DongHae opened the door to invite him in. They went through a short introduction with HeeChul’s help and the young doctor was ushered into the master bedroom where HyukJae was resting. DongHae stayed back to prepare some refreshments for the doctor and HeeChul. Preparing some fruit slices, cookies, tea and juice for both males, since who knows what HeeChul would want, he carefully placed them on a floral tray he found while rummaging through the cabinets.

 

Climbing up the stairs, he headed for the occupied bedroom and stopped halfway at the slightly ajar door and heard about the conversation going on inside. Two voices were then mixed with a third one, slightly confused and croaked. He heard every single thing that were passed on among the three of them and now he finally understood what SungMin meant when he did the drinking figure with his hand. He wasn’t surprised, but DongHae wished that he could have heard the news from the male himself. Stepping into the room slowly, he couldn’t see HyukJae since he was blocked by HeeChul.

 

DongHae took a deep breath and slowly, he exhaled while calling the person he longed for so much, “Hyukkie?”

 

 

A/N:

Hello everyone! Happy EunHae Sunday! Or wherever you guys are! Shout out to fellow Malaysians! What even?! I'm kindda hypered up after a meal + fresh juice + self-made ice cream cookies. Even my sister dubbed me as 'sugar high'. LOL. Okay, better stop crapping.

I'd like to thank those who subbed to this fic. Hiya there! itsahyie, yellowbluestar5170, CashCraw, Kayuki, yunjae_maniac. You guys are awesome. Thank you for even considering to sub to this little story, and I mean all of you old, current and new subbies. And thank you yunjae_maniac again, for even upvoting ^^ 

Okay, as you can see, I've created a little confusion here. This is actually Donghae's side of story, so, they're practically still stuck at the lame cliffy. And now, you guys finally know whose voice it is! I trolled some of you in the comments, didn't I? Kekeke. Sorry. Tell me what you guys think for this chapter, or just drop by to say hi. Plus, plus, I actually added a little more on this crappy so it seems a little draggy. So, sorry. but thanks a lot for reading tho. See you around ^^ Laters

Yours 'till the red angpows, 

El :)