Chapter Twenty Eight

Design My Heart

- CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT -

 

“Seriously, Hae hyung, stop fidgeting. What’s wrong with you? You look like the plane’s about to break into half.” KyuHyun asked the elder as he left the cockpit to bother anyone other than SungMin.

 

If DongHae wasn’t so caught up with his own thoughts, he would have hit the younger for spewing such ill thoughts while they’re airborne.

 

But, still, he was aware enough of the younger’s saying that he glared at KyuHyun. “Cho KyuHyun,” he said in a somewhat monotone that really caught the younger’s attention.

 

DongHae is never out of character during work hours, so, it got the pilot curious. “Don’t tell me, there’s trouble in paradise?”

 

DongHae hated it that he was easily readable, but he hated it even more when KyuHyun could always get the first guessing right. If he was that easy to understand, then why can't HyukJae see that SiWon is just a friend and he already has his eyes set on the blonde. Looking at the sudden rigid halt from his hyung, KyuHyun knew he was right. He sighed as if it was his problem.

 

“Tell me, hyung. What happened?” The younger said as he pulled DongHae closer and they both sat behind the curtained staff area.

 

It was rare to see the younger turn serious that it's funny at times. DongHae kept quiet. He does nag and whine, as if he’s the younger among the two, but when it comes to his relationship issues, Donghae would rather keep it to himself. He didn't need other people worrying about the troubles he's facing.

 

“You’re not gonna tell me, are you? Come on now, hyung. It’s not healthy to keep things all bottled up. Please, hyung, I’m here to listen,” and finally the younger was able to break the elder.

 

“Choi SiWon happened.” A silent ‘Oh’ escaped the younger’s lips.

 

He heard rumours, but he just wanted to make sure, “your…um, ex?” A single nod was all he received.

 

KyuHyun didn’t want to pressure the elder into telling him whatever his past was. It wasn’t that ugly of a break up, but indeed DongHae was suspended for quite some time.

 

“Tell you what, hyung. We’re stopping by Ashgabat, and I’m hauling you off the plane,” the younger said and suddenly a figure appeared behind closed curtains.

 

“SungMin, what are you doing here? Who’s at the cockpit?!” KyuHyun said as he got up.

 

“Relax, Kyu. I got the other two to cover up for us for 5 minutes. You were away for quite a while, I was getting worried. And, I heard about what you guys said, sorry, but, I think Kyu is right, Hae. You should go and see HyukJae. He’s somewhat unstable when it comes to real surprises. Tends to…” and SungMin showed a drinking gesture.

 

“But I can’t. I’m head steward and it’s undutiful of me –"

 

“Nonsense. I’m sure one of the other girls could cover up for you. Hyung, it’s either the next plane to Incheon or I’ll have my Minnie here kick you out of the plane through the emergency exit. So, how about it?” KyuHyun tried again and it earned him an elbow to the gut.

 

“You know, for a moment there, I thought you were cute for suggesting that Hae go down on the next stop. But, you had to ruin the moment, KyuHyun. You just had to, and here I was, thinking that you could at least get a reward for that,” SungMin said and shook his head.

 

DongHae saw the sparkle that caught the youngest eyes and he just had to chuckle. Putting the cute couple’s matters aside, he was thankful that there was a chance for him to make things right. He nodded and said to the two who were at the moment sharing a heated gaze.

 

“Uh, it’s quite stuffy in here. Thanks for the suggestion, by the way. I’ll be prepared to get off in Ashgabat as planned,” then he added with a sly smirk, “plus, I’ll just leave a ‘Work in Progress’ at one of the stall here. You know, just because…”

 

With a slight clear of the throat, DongHae left the scene, ‘Work in Progress’ sign in hand and scurried off towards the washroom area. Leaving the sign behind, he headed for the cabin outside the curtained area, avoiding the couple inside at all cost. Just imagining what they were doing was enough to dust up pink tints across DongHae’s cheeks and he really, really didn’t need that at the moment. What he needed is probably a platinum blonde male at that moment.

 

Trying to buy some time for the ‘workers’ in the washroom, DongHae ushered his crew mates to check up on the passengers and get prepared for their next landing in Ashgabat. Just thinking about missing out on work made him sad since he’s the leader, but thinking about Lee HyukJae’s pained expression, he caved. There was nothing more important than the person he…come on, say the word DongHae…loves.

 

He didn’t know why he felt so much pain from seeing the hurt behind HyukJae’s eyes. How he was troubled as well after seeing the blonde left him before even saying goodbye. What if it was their last time seeing one another? What if HyukJae left him for someone else who is way better? Or perhaps someone who works in the same field as he is, a hot model or probably another mogul designer?! DongHae’s stomach churned and he felt like vomiting. On second thought, maybe not. The pilot and his co- might still be in there.

 

He shivered at the thought of it. 

 

A/N:

Allo der everyone! Happy Valentines Day to those of you who are celebrating it, be it yesterday, today or tomorrow, remember, you are not alone! I just felt like being nice today and update another chapter since I received so many heart-warming comments from fellow subbies. You guys are so supportive, we should all do a group hug! *virtual hugs* I've been sick for a few days actually, and laid off writing for a few days, but luckily managed to get it done, just for myself and you guys ^^

Wow. I'm even receiving more and more love from all of the new subbies. Welcome sunmoon (your name reminds me of the Moon Moon joke, it's cute. Sorry T_T), Chips, natsune, QuoVadis, kyuminforlove, Hyukhae_is_real, tfjeer, peyayi, Tali483, Spirithelvenkpop (love your dp btw ^3^), helene861015, lolitta and thank you for subbing! And thank you so so so much for upvoting, dearies sunmoon, ficsluv, Eunmon, QuoVadis and tanijewelfish18. Lame virtual hugs and kisses to old + new subbies + upvoters!

So now, we're finally in Hae's mind. I even mentioned a little KyuMin action there which I am sorry, not sorry, for. Kekeke >.< Hope you enjoy this update, and maybe SungMin should of just kick Hae off plane. Then, he can experience sky diving. What the hell am I even saying?! That's what I want to do. Alright, enough of me crapping. Talk to you guys soon! Laters. I'm off to hunt for food in the kitchen ~ 

Yours till sky divings,

El :)