Chapter Twenty Four

Design My Heart

- CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR -

 

Time as if stood still and the onlookers peered at them; some gawking at the sight while some just gave them a glance and kept walking, like it was nothing but a friendly gesture of friends greeting each other. Anywhere he go, that voice would be an all-too-familiar voice; the deep setting behind a rich vocal which belonged to no one other than their former pilot, the first man who won his heart, the ex lover to DongHae and the one who came back after a couple of years: Choi SiWon.

 

“SiWon…” DongHae breathed out the name he hardly ever mentioned anymore.

 

His heart was beating at a frantic pace as he looked towards his lover who was standing there with his mouth agape, his expression unreadable as he slumped down on an unoccupied chair close to him. HyukJae looked away and stared at DongHae’s belongings instead.

 

“Hello, DongHae,” the person beside him said again and DongHae was still immobile.

 

He kept his gaze towards his blonde-haired lover who seemed to have been caught in his own reverie. Then, he got up and went to the counter. DongHae saw the man exchange a few words with a male behind the counter while handing over his belongings. The male cashier nodded and bowed to HyukJae as DongHae kept watching the man; his actions now picking up speed, moving quicker than he was actually supposed to be. He grabbed on his luggage and left the café, without turning towards DongHae even once.

 

“SiWon, you’re…you’re back?” DongHae hated himself for not being able to move or even say anything to the other male behind him; who still had his hands securely over his waist.

 

The firm grip finally loosened and he was turned to face the buffer man.

 

“Yeah, it appears that I am! Whoa, you changed a lot, Hae! It’s only been a few years, you look way better now,” the man said while touching him almost everywhere –appropriate places, children. Don’t be such a erted – and smiled his giga-mega-tera kilowatt charming smile that could have swept any woman’s or man’s – in case if he is not straight – feet off the ground.

 

“T…Thanks, I guess. How have you been doing? What brings you here?” DongHae inquired a few issues to the man in front of him and he received a pat on the hand instead.

 

“You must be busy right now, Hae. And I think you are on duty on the next flight, right?” SiWon ventured and DongHae looked up to the information board.

 

Oh snap! This man distracted me, and Hyukkie, where is he? Is he okay? Oh, what do I do? This is catastrophic!  “Uh, yeah, I do have a flight to attend to. Uhm…” he went and it was as if SiWon still understood him.

 

“Go ahead, DongHae. You hate being late, I know. I’ll get back to you in a few days. We should meet up again. I have so many things to tell you,” he said and continued, “you’re still using the same number right?” DongHae was only able to nod his petite head, while his mind was racing about another thing: HyukJae.

 

“Uh, yeah, the same. Okay, I’ll be off then. Later, SiWon,” DongHae replied while he head off to the café HyukJae previously waited for him at. He took his wallet from the male cashier and told him about HyukJae; his BOYFRIEND who happen to disappear before he had the chance to meet him.  DongHae did not understand why did he have to explain himself to the waiter, probably still too shocked with what was happening, but still, the male cashier was polite enough to nod at DongHae’s antics and muttered a ‘I see, Sir’ back at him and DongHae left the café with a heavy heart.

 

He looked around once again and sighed deeply, HyukJae was nowhere to be found and he felt a headache was slowly creeping its way from the back of his head. Great, add that to my list of miseries for the day. He thought and with a slumped down shoulders and a quick swipe on his phone, he speed dialed HyukJae. Knowing HyukJae, he would never let the phone ring more than 4 times if possible and even when he was driving, he would always opt for hands free devices; in case his diva hyung decided to give him a call and dislike being answered to.

 

DongHae tried not to take up too much time walking back to the office quarters, but it seems like after 23 trials of calling HyukJae from a walking distance back to the office, he finally gave up. He would try once again when he gets the chance to do so. Joining the rest of his cabin crew members, with a slightly flushing SungMin and a smirking KyuHyun, DongHae took his rightful spot among the line of welcoming their passengers.

 

Undeniably, he was worried about HyukJae. The man was probably as shocked as DongHae to witness such a thing before his eyes. HyukJae probably knows the guy since he did ask about the man in his picture recently at his home, but it didn't stop DongHae from wondering as well about why did SiWon return? And why was his timing so, so ‘good’. DongHae was never one to feel angry, but at that moment he just felt like wrestling SiWon to the ground and tickling him to death.

 

Wait, is that even a death threat? 

A/N:

Hello there everybody! I am so sorry I've been away for a while, skipping my normal update day. I'm having exams right now, and supposedly studying. But I've got myself an extra time to update this. And for the previous chapter, most of you got it right! *claps* Was it too obvious. LOL. I TTOTT

Welcoming new subbies. Thank you for deciding to stay around for my crappy stuff. Hey there --> shincan, Shinee-Suju, monfishy ( thank you for the upvote, dear X) ), lupizz0826, connieis1, Annitia, Ryxion, eunhae_gf. I love all of my subbers and those who upvoted are very much appreciated. Comments are feedbacks, and I need to know what you guys think. About writing longer chapters, that I'm not sure since I've put a limit to each chapter for up to a range between 800 - 900 words. So, it won't be a lot. 

Okay, enough from me. Let me hear it from you guys this time. Oh oh and by the way, I'm gonna shamelessly promote a fic I'm currently writing up for a writing contest. Here's the link if you guys wanted to check it out. Warning! It's a LuhanxOC pairing. If you don't like OCs, then it probably won't be your thing. And if you actually DISLIKE EXO - and I don't understand why - then, it might not be a place for you too. And with that, I'm out ^3^

Yours 'til the rice cakes,

El :)