Chapter Six

Design My Heart

- CHAPTER SIX -

 

 

Lee HyukJae sat down casually on the cream love seat next to DongHae and sighed. DongHae did not have the courage to look at the man beside him and froze on the spot.

 

“Hi, there,” he started the conversation, “still remember me? I was on the plane just this morning.”

 

How could I ever forget you? DongHae nodded and was still in the same awkward position as before. He could not believe the man that he was thinking about for several times today is now sitting next to him.

 

Then, there was silence between them.

 

“You were that steward who gave the safety rules instructions, am I right?” He went off again, trying to break the silence.

 

And you were the man who captured my heart just a few hours ago. “Y-yes, that was m-me,” DongHae stuttered and could physically slap himself for being silly and jumbling his words in front of another man. Get a grip of yourself, DongHae! He thought to himself over and over again. But still, he can’t believe that this man beside him remembered who he was.

 

He smiled to himself. “So, you’re the ‘Angel’ designer, right? I bet you’re really good, able to pull such responsibility designing clothes for people to wear and even becoming successful at a very young age. I wonder, what’s your secret?” DongHae didn’t realize he was actually talking too much until he saw HyukJae grinning at him.

 

He blushed madly and looked away from the other man. This is getting more embarrassing than going in public – probably not.

 

“Yup, that’s me. I created ‘Angel’. I’m not that good, like HeeChul hyung over there,” motioning over to the shoe designer who was surrounded by a group of female, “I didn't become successful overnight. The responsibility is something I've thought about before I started, I just wanted to see people happy wearing the clothes that I designed,” he said, explaining himself.

 

DongHae felt like he was interviewing the man.

 

“You don’t really have to explain yourself. Aren't you afraid I might sell your story to the tabloids?” DongHae ventured and it caused the man to laugh out loud.

 

“Go ahead, lad. I don’t think what I’m telling you are any good for those paparazzi. They’re too busy writing gossips. Not some designer’s motto or biography,” was the reply from the man. 

 

“Well, I guess so,” DongHae replied.

 

“Anyway, I didn't catch your name in the plane just now,” he said.

 

“DongHae, I’m Lee DongHae. And you?” DongHae asked, not wanting to end the conversation with the man, which he even tried to make himself look silly by asking something that he knew the answer to.

 

“I’m Lee HyukJae. Nice to meet you, Lee DongHae,” he gave the steward his gummy smile and DongHae quickly looked away towards the group of people when he felt himself blushing.

 

 DongHae didn’t know he would get that kind of effect when his name escaped HyukJae’s mouth.

 

“It’s an honor to meet you too, Mr. Lee HyukJae,” DongHae said when he finally collected himself again.

 

“Aish, no need to be so formal, just HyukJae is fine,” he said.

 

DongHae replied, “and DongHae is just fine for me.” HyukJae nodded and he looked at Kim HeeChul, who was approaching them with a sly smile.

 

“Well, well, well, that’s just obvious of you to have fun on your own eh, monkey boy?!” Kim HeeChul said as he plopped down on the seat next to HyukJae.

 

“What, hyung? Don’t tell me being surrounded by a dozen women doesn't make you happy?” HyukJae retorted with a smirk, emphasizing on the words 'surrounded', 'dozen', 'women' and 'happy'. DongHae had to surpress a laughter.

 

“No woman is comparable to Hannie, get it?!” The shoe designer said.

 

HyukJae actually gasped, “really now?”

 

“Well, whatever, monkey. Now, tell me who’s that cutie you've been devouring?” Kim HeeChul said and DongHae fluttered his eyelids at the pet name he received from Kim HeeChul.

 

“Aish, hyung! He’s Lee DongHae,” and turned to DongHae, “and DongHae, this is my long-time crazed diva hyung, Kim HeeChul.” HyukJae received a glare from the elder but he ignored it.

 

“Hi there, DongHae. Nice meeting ya! Have this monkey been misbehaving?”

 

HeeChul asked and he earned a shake of the head from a scared DongHae. This man is so intimidating, he thought.

 

HeeChul hyung looked at his watch and gasped, “DongHae, I don’t think we could stay any longer. It would’ve been nice to have a chat with you.” He got up and HyukJae followed. DongHae could feel himself losing composure as he got up too.

 

“Take care, DongHae. See you,” HyukJae said and he left with HeeChul hyung.

 

 

A/N:

And here's another update from me. Yes, it's revealed that they just had a brief intro and talked a little. First meeting in Hong Kong. I'm not really a romantic kind of person, but I'm trying hard for this story. 

Let's say hi to our new subscriber shall we? --> Dtherabbit and speceeffectz. Welcome to 'Design My Heart'. Please bear with me while I post this story and thank you very much for your support. Enjoy reading.

Okay, enough rambling from me. Do wait for the next update, okay? See you soon!

Yours 'till the sweet rolls,

El :)