Chapter Seventeen

Design My Heart

- CHAPTER SEVENTEEN -

 

And with that, HyukJae pulled him into an embrace which warmed DongHae’s heart. He had never felt so loved and cherished much before, not even when he was with SiWon.

 

What am I thinking?! Silly DongHae! You have Hyukkie now! DongHae was battling with himself in his own mind, trying so hard to forget the man who used to protect him before HyukJae appeared in his life. There is always a story behind someone's strong mask, and DongHae appeared to be one of those people who have a story behind them, but tries very hard not to look back. 

 

Yes, everything's going to be alright now. Hyukkie is here, with me. He mentally sigh and hugged the latter even tighter which earned a tilt of the head from HyukJae, who accepted it nevertheless. 

 

They let go of each other slowly and HyukJae got up from the sofa.

 

DongHae wondered if HyukJae could read minds since after the thought of SiWon crept into his mind, HyukJae seemed unhappy. But, it seems that he was wrong and HyukJae did not have any supernatural powers. He got up just to excuse himself to use the washroom. DongHae got up and cleared the coffee table from an empty glass of strawberry milk and an empty plate which was occupied with cookies a few moments ago.

 

DongHae came back into the living room to find HyukJae looking over his picture frames on the wall. He approached his lover and HyukJae slid a hand around his waist, making him blush at the contact.

 

“Who are these people, Hae?” HyukJae asked and slowly, DongHae introduced them to him.

 

He mentioned SiWon and did not go on about introducing who the man is except he’s an ‘old friend’ of him.

 

He thanked whoever was calling HyukJae at the moment for moving his attention away from the pictures and sighed.

 

“Yes, hyung. I understand. Of course, hyung. We’ll be there tonight. I promise, okay? Yes, yes, yes,” came HyukJae’s reply and there was only one person on this Earth that could make HyukJae go that way.

 

He put his phone back in his pocket and smiled at DongHae.

 

“Hae baby, are you free tonight?” He asked.

 

DongHae nodded and HyukJae chuckled, almost relieved. “Thank God. I made a deal with the devil without asking you first. HeeChul hyung wants to have dinner together tonight. And I thought I’d bring you with me. Is that okay with you?”

 

DongHae nodded again, “of course it’s fine with me. But, I’m scared of your hyung. He’s very unique and different from anyone I've met.” Hykjae laughed at his statement.

 

“Well, ‘unique’ is underrated, baby. He’s out of this world,” HyukJae mentioned it with a shake of his head.

 

The hand that was still on DongHae’s waist moved to pull him closer to the owner of the hand. “Alright, I’d better get going. You need to rest to prepare for Chullie hyung; physically and mentally. I’ll come to pick up later at 7, okay?”

 

DongHae nodded again and looked at his lover. HyukJae then brought his lips closer and kissed his temple.

 

“My sweet DongHae is always blushing. You’re so cute, Chullie hyung might eat you up tonight, baby,” he laughed at DongHae who was blushing specks of red.

 

He replied with a soft pat on the chest, “but I’ll have you to protect me, Hyukkie.” He bit his lip and hid his face on the crook of HyukJae’s neck.

 

The rumble of HyukJae’s chuckle filled his ear and he loved the sound of it. “God, Hae, stop being so cute. I might not even leave.”

 

He quickly let go of HyukJae and looked away.

 

“Oh, you want me to leave that bad, eh, Hae? I’m hurt,” HyukJae said and acted as if he was hurt by DongHae’s action.

 

“No! No! I mean, no I don’t want you to leave yet but…aish.” HyukJae laughed at him and pulled DongHae into an embrace.

 

How he loved teasing DongHae.

 

DongHae looked up and apologized, “you know I don’t mean it that way, Hyukkie. You’re welcomed to stay here, anytime.”

 

“I was just joking, baby. Alright, I’d better get going. You have to sleep and I have some things to get settle with back at home. See you later, Hae baby,” with that, he placed a soft kiss on DongHae’s forehead and let him go.

 

They exited DongHae’s house and got down the same way they came. With his bag pack dumped to the passenger seat, DongHae stood at the side of HyukJae’s Bugatti and waved his hand as the car sped off. DongHae smiled to himself as he felt the warm tingle on his forehead where HyukJae had kissed him earlier on at his living room and skipped back into his apartment building. He felt like a silly schoolgirl; blushing like a fool to himself and smiling every now and then while he unpacked his stuff once he got back to his place. Later, DongHae took a shower to clear his mind and lay on his comfortable bed. The last thought that came to his mind was of HyukJae.

 

 

A/N:

Hi there everyone! I am so sorry for the delay. We had a mid-semester break and I ingeniusly left my pendrive with a friend, who returned it later than the supposed time. But, I will never forget a single day of missing my normal HyukHae day update! So here I present you the seventeenth chapter! I hope you guys like it, although my updates are always short. Hmm. I'm so sorry if I can't satisfy all of you :'(

Oh well, forget that part while we welcome our new subbies --> sha_suju, hummingbirdheartbeat, melodyoflife, stargazer0732, amber220monkey, Misa-chanlovesyou, whatif. Hi everyone! Thank you for subscribing to 'Design My Heart'. Hope you'll have a good time reading it. Plus, plus, a super duper thank you for the kind upvotes to you dearies --> Misa-chanlovesyou and whatif. I love all of you so much, yes, all of you subbers, commentors, upvoters. Your love is my drug *insert Ke$ha's song* *sorry if you dislike her*

Okay, it's like really early here and I got up just for the sake of finally updating this story of mine. Thank you all for your constant support and sorry to have made you guys wait (maybe). Okay, see all of you soon!

Yours 'till the morning dew,

El :)