'Bell'-pilogue

Design My Heart

'BELL'-PILOGUE

Bony, pale fingers traced the surface of rolled up tablecloth samples. The owner of the delicate hands hummed in satisfaction when it stopped on a certain colour with fleur-de-lis-like patterns.

 

“Hmm, how about we go with red?”

 

The other man beside him tilted his head, “are you sure? Because red is more like your colour, not theirs. Right?”

 

“No, Geng, we’re going with red and it’s final!”

 

“Chullie, it’s according to what they like, not what you like, babe.”

 

“Na-ah,” Kim HeeChul turned to look at Hangeng, his brows drawn together, “the whole reason they appointed me as the planner is to make things as grand as it could be. Their taste is nothing compared to mine.”

 

“But, still, that’s the reason why they appointed me as your assistant.”

 

“Are you trying to defy me?!” The designer’s eyes widened.

 

“No, dear, just voicing out my opinion. If they were to use red, then what colour is it going to be for us, HeeChul?” The calm reply wasn’t caught up by HeeChul as rapidly as things should have always been for him.

 

“I – ” HeeChul’s eyes widened, again, dramatically, his speech coming to a halt. It was a rare sight to see Kim HeeChul speechless.

 

“We could always take gold, right? All glitz and glamour for my baby,” Hangeng tapped the still-as-pole HeeChul’s nose with tender and he chuckled when the man was still unmoving.

 

“Excuse me, miss. Can we have this pattern, in red, please?” Hangeng said when a staff passed by.

 

She was about to follow the Chinese man’s request when HeeChul grabbed the girl’s hand.

 

“Hold it right there, young lady. If you know what’s good for you, you stay right there and don’t listen to this crazy ching chong. We want this pattern, in powder blue palette. Now chop, chop.” And finally, he released the girl’s hand.

 

The girl was scared less that Hangeng felt sorry for her, wanting to tell her that no, this kimchi right here is normal and that’s just his way of connecting with humans. On the other hand, HeeChul made quite a statement. “Seriously, ‘this crazy ching chong’? Is that the best you could come up with?”

 

“Shush now, darling,” his index finger wagged slowly, Hangeng’s eyes never leaving the slender digit, “I know you’re calling me a kimchi in that good looking head of yours. But you know kimchi is always amazing.” He smiled up at Hangeng, so sincere that the Chinese was falling in love deeper with the Korean man.

 

The weight of the stone crusted band gets lighter and lighter by the minute, its weight no longer pulling him down but supporting his every move. He knew it that he found the right person, now, he was just waiting for the right moment.

 

“Now, moving on to the flowers, which do you think would be the best choice? Who’s the best florist around town, eh?” HeeChul asked.

 

Hangeng pulled out their shared planner, a list of florists ready for HeeChul’s viewing and pick. He handed the leather-bound book to the man beside him.

 

HeeChul took the planner. As he read through the list, Hangeng felt slim fingers snake their ways around his own, filling the spaces between his perfectly, the firm grip reminding him of the owner of the platinum ring.

 

Soon. Soon, that certain bony, pale finger would have a pretty little band decorating it.

 

 


 

“Oh my God, girls, have you gotten the invite?!” Head stewardess Yuri said as the group gathered at the lounge before their next flight.

 

“Yes, yes! I’m speechless. But it was expected, right?” SooYoung mentioned.

 

“True that. They’re a match made in heaven!” The youngest replied and they agreed.

 

Two figures standing just a few distances away from them heard their little chattering and the taller between the two commented, “It is happening, right? I still can’t believe that it’s really happening soon. is going to get real, soon.”

 

“It’s not ‘’, KyuHyun,” the elder spoke, his fingers mid-air, forming the imaginary rabbit ears on , “it’s a grand celebration and I think it’s a very happy occasion. I, for one, could not wait for it to happen.”

 

“Okay, fine, Min. It’s not ; it’s a hallelujah-magnificent-oh-God-so-amazing celebration, everyone will be rejoicing. He’s happy, everyone’s happy,” both his hands waving in the air dramatically, “in which I’m the only one not,” the younger said, lower lip jutting.

 

SungMin had to coo over the scene. Cho KyuHyun would hardly do anything cute, let alone pout in public.

 

“Are you still mad at me for not giving you an answer, Kyu?” SungMin asked as he stepped closer to the tall pilot.

 

“Oh, no, I am a gentleman who waits for the one he lo – ” and he almost slipped the one thing that he does not want to admit all too soon, “looks after and care for.”

 

“I know, KyuHyun, I know,” he paused, “hey, you know what. I’m going to take a piss. I’ll see you in the cockpit later, okay.”

 

SungMin avoided answering anything else and escaped the situation in a blink of an eye. He went out to the washroom on the floor below their custom level and took out his phone.

 

Do me a favour will you, KyuHyun? Can you grab something from my locker?

What is it? Did you leave something important? Pin please?

Indeed, in my locker. Try to guess. It’s easy really. Now let me do my dirty business :P

Min?

SungMin?

Lee SungMin?!

 

SungMin recalled how they both set off for Spain. KyuHyun was quiet, freakishly quiet and rigid that even a simple hello! from the other pilots freaked him out. It was so out of character that SungMin had to laugh; which was a big mistake when KyuHyun heard his chuckle and stopped talking to him altogether. SungMin didn’t bug him over the issue, maybe he was overly sensitive that day. SungMin thought that maybe someone deleted his saved game of Starcraft.

 

When they arrived, the younger man was gone. Lost from plain sight and SungMin searched for KyuHyun everywhere but to no avail. He was about to report on a missing friend to the receptionist when SeoHyun walked up to him while her hand pulled his wrist.

 

She smiled, and pressed something into his hand, “turn it on. Have fun!”

 

Just like that, the girl left with a wink and ran off towards the pool area.

 

SungMin finally looked at the item handed to him and it was KyuHyun’s DS. He turned the console on, and he didn’t know how the boy did it, but clearly, there was a message written on the game console with a capital ‘POOL’. He headed towards the pool, the area where SeoHyun had just exited from. He wondered whether KyuHyun was fooling around or something. It was quite dark, the lights were turned off and the only source of light that guided his way was candles?!

 

They were placed neatly on the ground, he followed the path that lead up to a table for two. No one was around, not even any of the staffs. SungMin had an internal battle with himself, to sit or not to sit but it was cut short when a voice stole his attention.

 

“Sit down, Lee SungMin. Now, enjoy the show.”

 

It was the voice that he had longed to hear the whole day, the voice that meant so much for him. He sat on one of the chairs and looked around for the source of the voice.

 

Lights then brightened the pool, the blue glimmer setting the whole place into an amazing surrounding with flower petals all around and a very smart KyuHyun in suit on the stage.

 

“So yeah, I prepared a little something for you,” and he sang beautifully that SungMin cheered like a fanboy. He never knew the pilot could sing.

 

Undeniably, he was left amazed. And that was how he ended with a ring in a velvet box. He told KyuHyun that he was not going to say no, but he just had to bask in the moment of KyuHyun actually doing something for him. He suffered a lot – from KyuHyun’s bullying while they were dating – and now it was time for payback.

 

Though he would end this devilish little payback pretty soon. He took out the ring from the pocket and carefully placed it on his back pocket, where KyuHyun could find it easily. Well, the boy kind of admitted to him that he liked back pockets. When in reality, SungMin knew his erted thoughts and hands that seemed to find it hilarious in squeezing his backside.

 

He checked his watch; it was about time for them to board the plane. He ignored any chat notifications coming from the young pilot. Before he entered the cockpit, long arms pulled him into an embrace, warm breath tickling the shell of his ear.

 

“So, how do you like the number sequence?”

 

“Lee SungMin, I don’t know if I should be happy or angry. You made me go through series of pin numbers when it was just 01010203 all along from the very beginning. I searched through papers and oddly this piece stood out the most. They were numbers, my favourite kind of puzzle. And you gave me the easiest set of number sequence ever.”

 

He heard the chuckle in the deep voice behind him; hands slipping into the back pockets of his pants.

 

“Glad you found them easy,” SungMin replied, he himself had a smile adorning his feature.

 

KyuHyun loosened his grasp; his hand retreated from their usual favourite place and turned the older man to face him. He showed the ring. With a smile that is an equal to SungMin’s, KyuHyun asked him one more time, “Lee SungMin, will you be my forever?”

 

“24 – 5 – 19 – 9 – 4 – 15,” SungMin recited the numbers once again and KyuHyun laughed, aloud. SungMin held his fingers out for KyuHyun to finally seal him in place, seal him into KyuHyun’s heart.

 

“I love you, Lee SungMin.”

 

“I know you do.”

 

“Hey, you’re supposed to reply to that.” He puffed his cheeks.

 

“Well, aren’t you being cute all of a sudden? Of course, I love you too, Cho KyuHyun.”

 

From above, they heard Yuri’s voice teasing them through the flight’s sound system, “get married already will you?!”

 

SungMin and KyuHyun both laughed at the stewardess’ antic.

 

 


 

Damn it! He lost sight of the short Korean. SiWon swore that the guy was just right in front of his eyes, just few feet away from him, but one text from –

 

Hi, Choi SiWon. You don’t seem too happy?

What are you talking about?

You’re being weird.

 

“For someone who’s got the brains and the looks, you don’t appear to be that talented in stalking,” a voice spooked him from behind and SiWon cursed under his breath. He moved out of his hiding spot beside the large green bin and turned to face the other man.

 

“I’ll take that as a compliment. Seeing that you’re the actual stalker and anonymous writer,” SiWon stated back, matter-of-factly.

 

“Well, I’d rather say that being an anonymous writer has its pros and cons. But, you’ve got to admit that the article I did on you was exceptional.” They were both facing each other by that time.

 

“Digging up my past certainly was not exceptional, thank you very much,” he huffed; his left fingers ran through his hair.

 

“But it got you the attention, didn’t it? Your gallery rose in visitors’ count, some photographs were even sold. The heroic act of a promising steward,” the guy smirked, quoting his own piece.

 

SiWon didn’t want to admit it, but indeed, what the man said was true. He looked away. No words were exchanged between them for a while.

 

“Admit it. This cat-and-mouse chase, it’s just you trying to woo my charming self, right?” The smirk turned to a full smile. “Let me guess: You read my article, actually liked it, and searched for more of K.K.B’s articles. You thought that I’m really good at what I do that you just had to find the real identity behind K.K.B. Then you decided that, ‘Hey, I need to track this guy down.’ right?”

 

SiWon approached the freelancer. He hated it when someone is so, so right about him. Kim KiBum didn’t back off, he stood on his ground despite SiWon’s attempt.

 

“Go on; let’s hear more of your reporter instinct.”

 

“You were annoyed at first, then you started following me – indiscreetly, I might add – and found that I’m just like any normal guy, who’s just trying to get by, by writing awesome articles on random people. You finally found me charming and you are so falling for me, aren’t you? You were always around, like, how do you even have the time to manage your gallery?”

 

“Is this an interview, Mr. Kim?” They were now just inches apart.

 

“Well, I could go on, but you know my identity and I could not let that go viral, Mr. Choi. My identity as K.K.B should stay a secret,” he said, his thumb and index finger under his chin, tapping it in thought.

 

“So, what do you say I should do?” SiWon whispered in his ear and leaned back to see his reaction. The shorter man didn’t budge.

 

“Honestly, of all the people I’ve written about before, none seemed as interesting as yours. Well, all of them are interesting their own way, but you, Choi SiWon, there’s just something about you.” Kibum stared into the hazel brown eyes.

 

Alright, he would confess. The man is perfection, he stalked the fellow and there was no denying it. It was by chance that he came across Choi SiWon’s name. KiBum was more intrigued by designer Lee HyukJae. The searched went to his current lover, Lee DongHae who was linked to Choi SiWon and he somehow ended up having a board full of information on the man in front of him.

 

“I think you should kepf –”

 

“You talk too much.”

 

SiWon pressed his body against the shorter man and kissed him right on the lips. There were no tongue, no saliva exchanged, there were just lips against lips. It was short, yet sweet and a huge smile was on KiBum’s face when SiWon released him. KiBum’s palms were spread on his chest, warm and comfortable, he felt the other man’s hear beat faster than normal.

 

“I think you would still spill my secret, so…” And as he made that point, KiBum pulled SiWon by his shirt and they kissed again.

 

 


 

Wedding jitters.

 

DongHae swore he would have none of that crap. But why was he so nervous now?!

 

HeeChul was all over the place. Well, he’s got his post as wedding planner to uphold. Hangeng was at his command all the time, doing each and everything that the Korean man need. But of course, HeeChul was not a heartless man when he strode over once in a while to steal a kiss from the Chinese. They were so fluffy, DongHae would fan himself in admiration.

 

It was time for them to take pictures. Family and friends came, all were congratulating him. DongHae was a ball of wrecking nerve in his fine outfit. It was an upgraded replica of the suit the day HyukJae proposed to him. It was down to his close friends when the time came. SiWon brought along a cute man who went by the name Kim KiBum. He looked like he could put up a better fight than DongHae, so he was relieved and happy for SiWon. His cousin came next, with a nagging KyuHyun in tow. They were bickering about God knows what, but DongHae didn’t care. SungMin looked like he was glowing.

 

He remembered back then how he also had that afterglow. When HyukJae… Then it clicked.

 

“What did you guys do last night?” DongHae asked the just-arrive couple and SungMin blushed like he never did.

 

“You, Fishy, don’t want to know the details,” KyuHyun said as he pat the bride or groom – or wait a minute, am I the bride or am I the groom?!

 

HeeChul then came into the room with Hangeng, both were all smiles and laughter. Why is everyone so happy and I’m not? I mean, I am happy, but ugh, I’m nervous as hell, he thought. HeeChul must have sensed his unease. He approached DongHae, all diva vibe gone, ascending to good-hyung persona.

 

“Hey, baby, calm down, okay? Everything is going to be fine. You’ll exchange your vows, you’ll exchange this God damn pretty ring, you’ll kiss passionately that you’ll forget us all and we’ll send you off to your honeymoon.”

 

DongHae nodded. HeeChul seemed so confident, he almost believed the elder. “Thanks, hyung.”

 

“And, I’ll kick his if he tries anything funny. You just give me a call, get it?” There it was, the diva is back. DongHae laughed but nodded all the same.

 

They took a picture twice; HeeChul demanded a formal and freestyle when he’s involved.

 

The time has finally come.

 

With every step he took, DongHae thought things through. The double door opened to reveal the minimal amount of guest they invited. He remembered how HyukJae wanted to invite everyone and everything, but DongHae won him over with just a small list with HeeChul backing him up. The familiar faces smiled up at him when he stole a look once or twice over them. He looked up front, the officiant, the young event manager Kris Wu stood on the podium. His usual -face absent, replaced by a genuine gummy smile that got DongHae smiling too. Then, he looked at HeeChul hyung who was watching everything and everyone, just so that everything goes well. He was forever thankful for the man’s support.

 

His eyes then traveled to the man who he was about to share an eternity with. HyukJae had a gummy smile on him as well and DongHae could feel his very own smile widened that it hurt. He finished his final step right beside HyukJae as they faced the officiant in front of them.

 

He started with the vows.

 

“Today we have come together to witness the joining of these two lives. For them, out of the routine of ordinary life, the magnificent has happened. They met each other, fell in love, falling in love deeper, and are finalizing it with their wedding today. Romance is fun, but true love is something far more and it is their desire to love each other for life and that is what we are celebrating today. HyukJae and DongHae will you please face each other and join hands?”

 

HyukJae took DongHae’s hands into his, soothing all the trembling with a firm grasp. They exchanged I do’s and they exchanged their rings.

 

“HyukJae and DongHae, today you are making a lasting commitment to share the rest of your lives with one another, joining your two families into one.”

 

“For as much as you both have consented, have pledged your love to each other, and have declared the same by joining hands and by giving and receiving rings; I, by the power entrusted upon me, pronounce that you are husband and wife.”

 

“HyukJae, you may kiss your lovely other half.”

 

And HyukJae pulled him into a warm embrace as their lips found each other.

 

“With great joy, I introduce to you the amazing Lee couple.”

 

The crowd cheered and faintly, in the background, DongHae could hear HeeChul weeping for the both of them.   

 

 

A/N:

It's our final goodbye. For DMH that is. I hope you guys enjoyed the epilogue. Did any of you caught on the wedding part when I used 'Bell'-pilogue? No? Okay, that was my lame attempt, but I tried. So, this is like my lame fluff attempt. Thank you all for your support. I can finally say that DMH has come to its official end. It would be put to a rest. Thank you for all your subbing, upvoting, commenting, or just reading it. I started as a no one, with my clumsy writing. I hope I've improved. I owe it to you guys.

Shoutout to user thisseemslikefun who asked me, I quote, "kindly with a big please to write an epilogue." Thank you for the push, I mean, it got me writing and falling in love with EunHae over and over again. Also, shoutout to Liv, Ily, Kris and Nyx. These are the amazing people – hopefully they don't see this or they'll know I'm a sappy, emotional idiot – who are my friends inside and outside of AFF. Also, to Adele who is an aspiring author and a lovely mother. My God, why am I doing this. Final shoutout to all of you, especially you, the one reading this until the very end. Thank you *virtual hugs you people until you siffocate*  

Will always be here,

El :)

P.S Can anyone recommend me any good GOT7's MarkJin / B.A.P's BangZelo / Infinite's YaDong fics. Yeah, I'm a er for these pairs, don't judge -.-

P.P.S Give my other fic 'Lying Beside You' a read. I'm trying out an angst fic featuring XiuChen. Yes, shameless, I don't care. Babai