Chapter Sixteen

Design My Heart

-  CHAPTER SIXTEEN  -

 

DongHae regretted a little when he actually invited HyukJae into his little cottage, thinking that his little apartment is nowhere nearly comparable to HyukJae’s castle (probably). He liked it warm and cozy; a homey feeling to the place where he would come home to after a long flight.

 

He placed his bag near the living room coffee table and asked, “would you like to drink anything, Hyukkie?”

 

He was surprised that his lover was actually engrossed in taking the view of the place, it was anything but luxurious. He slowly headed toward the kitchen and opened his fridge. If he wasn't mistaken and that his memory is still seving him right after kissing HyukJae, he still had a carton of strawberry milk left from the last time he went grocery shopping and hoped to God it hasn’t reached its due date. He spotted the milk right away and thanked God it was still okay to be served.

 

He took out two glasses from the bottom shelf and poured a generous amount into each cup and placed them on a tray. He even managed to grab some cookies from the dry food shelf area and served them on a plate. Carefully, he took them and went to the living room. HyukJae was nowhere to be found and he headed towards his bedroom. He saw a glimpse of his boyfriend’s honey blonde hair at the balcony and approached him.

 

“Hyukkie,” he said softly at the elder who had his eyes closed towards the view of the mountains.

 

“It’s not a really good view from here, but I’m guessing it’s not that bad for me,” he commented.

 

“It’s a fine view, Hae. My house has the same view too. Although it's quite closer, plus a view of the sea too. You should come over next time," HyukJae told him.

 

DongHae never have thought that he would go over to his lover's house so soon, and he blushed at the thought of how his house would look like. It was all a mystery to him, but he chose not to dwell too much in the thought of the latter's house. He haas HyukJae right beside him, now, and that's all that matters at this moment. He breathed in the fresh air added with his lover's sweet scent.

 

"It calmed my mind, Hae, I’m sure it would do the same to you. Come on, let’s do it together. Close your eyes,” the elder asked him and he did the same thing HyukJae did just a few seconds ago.

 

“Now breathe in and breathe out slowly,” he heard.

 

He did as he was told and yes, it did calm his mind. He was always at peace when he looks out toward the mountains. It was his little sanctuary and HyukJae was here to share it with him. He couldn't be happier. There are so many things that he wished he could share with his lover, even if it's a silly thing like what they were currently doing now. Suddenly, he felt soft, plump lips on his cheek and his eyes snapped open. He felt the colour of his skin change and he looked at HyukJae who smiled naughtily at him. “You’re too cute to resist, HaeHae.”

 

He looked away from the man beside him and he grabbed his hand, “let’s get back inside, it’s getting hotter out here.”

 

HyukJae gave a chuckle and complied with his order. Back at the living room, they sat down beside each other and DongHae saw the gummy smile from HyukJae when he caught the sight of strawberry milk on the coffee table. He took the glass and gulped down the milk in just mere seconds. Wow, he likes strawberry that much, huh? He thought.

 

“How’s the sketching going, Hyukkie? Did you manage to get a few done during your visit to London?” DongHae asked, initiating a conversation.

 

HyukJae nodded while munching on a cookie and asked, “do you wanna see it?”

 

DongHae nodded as he saw him opening his bag that always stayed with him wherever he went. Fishing out a brown covered sketch book, he received it from HyukJae who was focused on his piece of cookie.

 

HyukJae’s best dresses had always been the ones with the pictures at the bottom. This time around, it was a shot taken right after they finished watching the musical while DongHae threw a coin into a fountain. He looked happy in the picture and he smiled at the memory. He even blushed at the memory after that when their lips first met. What a hopeless romantic he was. Then he looked at the dress and traced it with a finger.

 

It was a top sequin chiffon dress where the dress had a sequin covered top and chiffon with thin lining at the bottom. And the bottom skirt swept with a lower back. It was like as if the dress would make the owner sparkle with attention under the limelight. Then, on the next page, a matching man’s suit was designed and DongHae liked them both already. He felt the sofa dip as HyukJae came closer.

 

“Do you like it Hae?” HyukJae asked, his breath fanning the younger’s earlobe.

 

Donghae blushed at the close proximity and nodded. “You’re always good; it’s hard to criticize your designs. Plus, I’m no designer to decide on your drawing. Am just a mere customer if this goes on the market,” DongHae said.

 

HyukJae placed his hand on his and shook his head slowly, “that’s where you are wrong, Hae. You are the reason they’re created,” HyukJae said.

 

He felt a furious blush creeping itself slowly on his cheeks, vulnerable under Hyukae's scrutinization. Damn you, Hyukkie, damn you.

 

A/N:

Happy HyukHae Sunday to all you lovelies out there! I just had to update even when I thought I was going to go on a hiatus for a short while. Urghh, let's just call it semi-hiatus, right? But, you readers are more important to me and I'm in a fairly good mood to give you guys an update. But trust me, this chapter , cause I didn't have any idea on what to write and it would appear like a filler. Please, don't hate me. I love you guys so much. But, oh well, at least I get to show Hyuk's design in this chapter.

And, gaining a lot of attention from all of you lovelies, I'd like to say hi and thank all of you for subscribing to 'Design My Heart' --> fishyhero13, Naomychan, mybiasiskpop, kyuririn, ShawolShadow22, ELFLoveSuJu, super_original, Hyukhae_house, aureliatya, GwenT95, leeduck1004, myeolraFTW. Hi everyone! Please don't be shy and comment away. I promised I don't bite, right? Oh, and I highly appreciated the kind upvotes from you dearest people --> Chunnie12 and fencingelf. All of you are amazing *hugs*

Tests are coming and after that my semester break. I have 4 days to continue on right after chapter 21's draft. I can't wait to get back to writing. And oh, a little something in between to spice up couple's relationship. Am I giving away too much? LOL. Just love me, please? And, this time around, I really do promise, if I hit up to 88 subscribers, I'll update another chapter exclusively, before my normal HyukHae day. Mark my words, people! Okay, Imma be of to grab some food. I'm famished! See you lovelies soon :)

Yours 'till the Material Science,

El :)

DISCLAIMER!

The dress or the image does not belong and will never belong to me. Credit goes fully to the owner.