I Remember

Alien Sister

Two years had passed...

Ji Hyun is now nineteen years old. She is now happily living with her new life. With Mrs. Lee, Mr. Lee, Daeyeol and Sungyeol. Everything was back to normal and Ji Hyun lived a happy life. Having an umma, and appa and two caring brothers. She still kept a great ranking at school and more admirers came and confessed to her. 

"Ji Hyun-ah, time for breakfast!" Mrs. Lee called out as she knocked on Ji Hyun's room.

"Just a second, umma!" she cried as she hurried on putting her socks. She quickly bursted out of her room and bumped on Daeyeol, who was biting a piece of toast. The two fell down on their backs, flat.

"Appayo..." Ji Hyun mumbled as she rubbed her back, hoping that the sharp pain would go away. She quickly saw Daeyeol, who seems to be in a hurry.

"Aigoo... watch where you're going, Ji Hyun-ah!" Daeyeol cried as he helped his younger sister stand up. "If you don't you'll get bruises easily, and that's not attracting for a girl, you know!"

"Nae, mianhe." Ji Hyun giggled as she held onto Daeyeol's hand and stood up. "I'll be careful next time."

"You better be!" he laughed as he cuddled his little sister. "I won't accept it if my sister gets all bruised up!"

"Aish, oppa!" 

"Arraseo, arraseo, hurry now! You're going to be late for school!"

"Nae!"

Ji Hyun quickly sat on the dining table and ate her breakfast. Once she was done, she quickly brushed her teeth and grabbed her bag. "Umma, appa, I'll be going now!" Ji Hyun cried as she wore her shoes.

"Be careful on your way to school, arraseo?" Mr. Lee reminded.

"Nae, appa!" she nodded as she ran off. Another bright day awaits her...

==============================================================================================

As soon as she arrived at school, boys were gathered in front of the front gate, waiting for her. "Aish, not this again..." she mumbled as she walked nearer to them. Everyone was trying to greet her and shouting her name. Of course, she needed to ignore them. That was before she found herself trapped by them.

"MOVE IT! MOVE IT, I SAY!" a familiar feminine voice cried. As expected, it was Ji Hyun's savior, Park Eun Mi. She quickly dragged Ji Hyun away from her "rabid fan boys" and went to classes. For this year, the two are classmates, and Eun Mi's protectiveness towards her had grown much more!

"Thanks for saving me out there, Eun Mi-ah!" Ji Hyun giggled as she hugged Eun Mi.

"Aigoo, what are best friends for?" Eun Mi smiled as she hugged back. "But seriously, those boys are getting way worse than the previous years! They've grown more rabid!"

"Aish, deal with it..." she giggled. "I heard that one guy from the other class confessed to you?"

"Nae. It was a pain in the neck! Aish, he waited until the Student Council meeting was over and confessed right in front of the other members! Annoying!"

"Welcome to my world..." 

"Seriously, how can you be so calm with all the confessing?! I mean, the tension builds up because you don't know what to answer! I myself, wasn't able to answer him and just sprinted away!"

"Yah, I've been stuck on the same situation for two years already! I've gotten used to it. Plus, ulzzang lives are way harder than normal lives."

"It's so hard being pretty~" Eun Mi joked as she let out a small giggle.

"Yah, you're being a narcissist!" Ji Hyun giggled as she nudged the fellow girl beside her. The two quickly headed to their class, a few minutes before the bell finally rang. There, classes began. 

As usual, Ji Hyun performed the best among the rest. She actively recited, got high scores, did well in P.E class and more. Everyone was jealous of her perfectness. All boys had their eyes fixed on her. Her beauty plus her brains plus her great athletic skills, wow, she was every man's ideal type! 

Hours later and it was lunch break. Ji Hyun and Eun Mi had lunch together, like their normal days. "Woah, your lunch is always so pretty!" Eun Mi cried as she saw how neatly arranged and cute Ji Hyun's meal is. "It'd be a complete shame if you gobble that up!"

"Aish, lunch is lunch!" Ji Hyun giggled as she got her chopsticks. "Plus, I'm starving, I've got no time to appreciate how pretty my food is!"

"Aigoo, no!!!"

"Waeyo?"

"It's too beautiful to be eaten!"

"Yah, hajima!" Ji Hyun laughed. "But you're right, my lunch is pretty! Umma makes the prettiest lunch... not to mention, the yummiest too!"

"Aigoo, how I envy you!" Eun Mi giggled as she shoved a piece of food in . "So, I haven't heard much of the INFINITE-oppas since their comeback, are they doing well?"

"Nae, as good as they can be! Sungyeol-oppa managed to get more lines than the past years." Ji Hyun nodded as she ate a piece of her lunch. 

"That's great! Finally, they saw oppa's talent in singing!" Eun Mi laughed. "He doesn't deserve to be given with only a few lines!"

"Aigoo, calm down! You're sounding like you like my oppa now! Two timer..."

"Yah! I'm not! I'll forever look up on Myungsoo-oppa!"

"Psh, do you want me to call them and tell them to pick me up later? I can ask Myungsoo-oppa to walk you home again~"

"ANIYO!!!"

"Arraseo, arraseo~" Ji Hyun laughed upon seeing her best friend blush in a light shade of pink. "I won't, okay?"

"Good..." she mumbled before showing a sweet smile. The two continued eating. Of course, two admirers of Ji Hyun arrived and gave her a small gift, a letter and a pink bracelet. They introduced themselves and so did Ji Hyun. She invited the two to have lunch with them, but due to shyness, they refused and quickly headed back to their classroom.

=========================================================================================

Finally, dismissal time came! Ji Hyun approached Eun Mi, who was quickly packing her things up. Noticing that Ji Hyun was standing in front of her, she raised her head a bit. "Kajja?" Ji Hyun asked.

"Oh, not today." Eun Mi frowned as she placed her hand behind her neck. "I've got Student Council meetings, mianhe."

"Ani, it's okay~" Ji Hyun giggled before her phone rang. Ji Hyun quickly got it and saw the text message she received.

                                 -Ji Hyun-ah, hyung said he'll be dropping by at your school to pick you up. Come home quickly, arraseo? Umma made some special snacks, and I know you'll love them! Palli!-
                                                                                                            ---Daeyeol

Ji Hyun quickly ran out of the building, still having time to greet her acquaintances and such. Once she was outside, several girls flocked together. "Yeah, he's here." she mumbled as she found her way through the thick crowd. As expected, he was the reason behind this.

"Sungyeollie-oppa~!" Ji Hyun cried as she waved her hand.

"There you are!" Sungyeol said as he held her hand and prepared to run off. "Palli, let's get outta here!"

"W-wait! Wha!!!" she cried as she and her older brother ran off. Girls took pictures of them until they vanished in the horizon. The two noticed that they were quite far from them and took the time to regain their normal breathing pace. "Aigoo, you always run whenever you pick me up from school!"

"Yah, fans are dangerous!" Sungyeol panted. "You don't know what they can do to you!"

"Whatever, let's go home now! Daeyeollie-oppa told me that umma prepared some snacks I'd like!"

"Arraseo, arraseo." Sungyeol smiled as he held her hand. "Let's go!"

"Nae!"

The two walked home together hand by hand. It took a while before the two arrived home, just to be welcomed by their parents. "Umma~ Appa~" Ji Hyun cried as she ran to her parents to give them a hug. 

"Ah, Ji Hyun-ah! You're back!" Mrs. Lee smiled as she felt her daughter's back hug. 

"How was school, dear?" Mr. Lee asked.

"Fine as usual~" Ji Hyun giggled.

"Ah, I see our Sungyeollie's here too?" Mrs. Lee giggled as she saw her eldest child along. "How about your practice?"

"It's okay, umma, we don't have much today." Sungyeol smiled. "Where's Daeyeollie?"

"Here!" Daeyeol exclaimed as he wrapped his arms around Sungyeol, shocking his older brother. "Missed me, hyung?"

"Not even close!" Sungyeol chuckled. "I missed Ji Hyunnie more!"

"Eh~"

"I'm joking, arraseo? Don't take things seriously!" Sungyeol smiled as he ruffled his younger brother's hair. "Aigoo, my cute lil' brother!"

"Yah! I'm not little!"

"Aish, whatever!"

After dressing up, Ji Hyun, Daeyeol, Sungyeol and their parents ate some snacks. Of course, Ji Hyun loved them, especially because her umma made it. Everyone had a short bonding moment too. "Aish, I'm craving for some tea!" Daeyeol cried as he quickly headed to the kitchen. He quickly came back with a teapot and some teacups of everybody. Since he was very tall and a slightly clumsy like Sungyeol, he spilled some of the hot water over Ji Hyun's shirt, making her quickly jolt.

"Hot!!!" Ji Hyun cried as she fanned the part where the boiling hot water fell.

"Mianhe, Ji Hyun!" Daeyeol cried as he helped on fanning. "Aigoo, I'm so clumsy!"

"It's okay, oppa, I'll change my shirt then!" Ji Hyun smiled as she ran to her room to change. She quickly got a pink shirt from her closet. As she changed, Ji Hyun tripped over a seemingly old looking box.

"Appayo..." she mumbled as she rubbed her head. She glared at the box and wondered why she hasn't seen it before. "I wonder what this is..." she said as she crawled nearer to it. She was about to open it but was quickly called by Sungyeol. She quickly dashed back to the kitchen to help her parents clean up.

Hours later, Sungyeol was still at their house. He received a text message from Sunggyu, allowing him to stay the night out with his family. Since his room was now belonging to Ji Hyun, he and her had to share the room. He also has clothes so he has no problem. Also, since it's Saturday tomorrow, the three Lee's can walk around together and even visit Woolim Entertainment to watch INFINITE practice.

"You sure you wanna sleep at Ji Hyunnie's room, hyung?" Daeyeol asked as he tried convincing his older brother to sleep at his room instead.

"For the tenth time, Daeyeollie, YES." Sungyeol smiled as he ruffled his younger brother's room. "To start with, her room was originally mine!"

"But you said girls and boys must have separated when sleeping!"

"Aish, I won't sleep beside you, who's always kicking me out of the bed and stealing the blanket! You even snore!"

"Yah! I don't snore!"

"Yes you do!"

"No I don't!"

"Nae!"

"Aniyo!"

"Nae!"

"ANIYO!!!"

"Yah, stop it, you two." Ji Hyun sighed as she opened her room, her arms crossed. "You two'll wake the neighbors up! Aish, such elementary schoolers..."

"Yah!" Daeyeol and Sungyeol exclaimed as they charged at Ji Hyun, who managed to dodge. Thus, the two fell flat on the floor.

"Appayo..." Daeyeol cried as he rubbed his back. "Aish, you could've just pushed us away!"

"Daeyeollie's right!" Sungyeol exclaimed, rubbing his head. "Aish, I had a bad fall..."

"It's both your fault!" Ji Hyun giggled. 

"Ji Hyun-ah! Daeyeollie! Sungyeollie! Go to bed now! It's late!" Mrs. Lee cried from the kitchen. "Plus, your noise might wake the neighbors up!"

"Nae, umma!" they replied as they went in their own rooms. 

"Good night, Daeyeollie-oppa~" Ji Hyun said as she gave her older brother a hug.

"Good night and sweet dreams, Ji Hyunnie~" Daeyeol smiled before closing the door.

Meanwhile, inside Sungyeol and Ji Hyun's room, Sungyeol had already fell on the bed. "Ah, I missed this bed!" Sungyeol said as he hugged the pillows. Ji Hyun, meanwhile, was trying to look for the box she had tripped earlier. Sungyeol payed no attention to her that he didn't noticed that Ji Hyun had found the box and opened it. Her eyes grew a bit wide when she saw what was in them.

Pictures... many pictures. She slowly got one and saw a seemingly familiar picture of a tall man beside her. It also seems that it was taken just a few years ago. The man in the picture seemed familiar, but she can't quite recall who he was. Next, she saw herself with six blonde guys. Like the man from the previous picture, she felt that she knew them. She grew curious and confused. "Oppa, who're these guys?" she asked, making Sungyeol jump off the bed. To his surprise, he saw Ji Hyun looking at things she wasn't supposed to see.

"T-that's nothing." Sungyeol said as he snatched the photos away from her hand and placed them back the box, closing it.

"You're lying." Ji Hyun answered. "By the tone of your voice, you are obviously telling a lie."

"N-no I'm not! This is nothing, really. These are... g-garbages you wanted to throw years ago!"

"Stop the jokes, oppa, I'm not that girl who'd throw photos away."

"R-really! You wanted to throw them years ago-"

"SUNGYEOL-OPPA!"

Sungyeol grew quiet. He tried avoiding eye contact with Ji Hyun. If he told her, the secret would be out. He knew that the guys on the picture Ji Hyun just saw would make her memories flow back in a second. Plus, it would make him break his promise. "I... don't know who they are." Sungyeol shrugged.

"Liar." Ji Hyun mumbled as she opened the box again.

"Don't!" Sungyeol cried as he stopped Ji Hyun from opening the box again.

"See?! If you don't know them, why don't you want me to see them? Are you hiding something from me, oppa?"

Sungyeol shrugged. He can't bear telling lies to Ji Hyun anymore. Words were dying to come out of his lips. His whole body was shivering. His guilt was coming out... "You caught me." Sungyeol nodded before flashing a faint smile on his face. He retreated his hand from Ji Hyun's, a move saying that he is permitting her to open the box. Ji Hyun did so and grabbed some photos and showed them to Sungyeol.

"That man beside you... his name is Lee Sungjong." Sungyeol said. "Your real older brother."

"My... what?!" 

"You two are the real siblings."

"What do you mean real? Aren't we siblings?!"

"We aren't." Sungyeol said, still smiling. "We aren't related... I lied..."

Ji Hyun's eyes grew wide. Lee Sungjong? Why can't she remember someone named like that? And wait, she and Sungyeol aren't related? Is she not related with Daeyeol as well?  "W-what are you talking about, Sungyeol-oppa?" she asked.

"You heard me, we aren't brothers and sisters... we aren't related." 

Ji Hyun's mind went blank as she grabbed another photo. This time, it was the photo she has with six blonde men. "H-how about them?"

"It's kind of hard to explain, but basically, they're aliens." Sungyeol explained. "Aliens that you were very close with... That one is Yongguk-hyung, then Himchan-hyung, Youngjae-ssi, Daehyun-ssi, Jongup-ssi and Zelo-ssi."

"Aliens?"

"Nae."

Ji Hyun blinked a few times before she felt her head hurt. It was really painful but faded quickly. Afterwards, everything seemed to flow back. She remembered everything. She remembered Lee Sungjong, she recalled B.A.P, on what exactly happened two years ago. She knew that everything wasn't a dream at all! Everything was true! The war actually existed, and she, Eun Mi, Sungjong and B.A.P saved Earth from Matokis. All her memories came rushing back. She remembered the truth. She remembered that she is an orphan and her family now isn't her real family at all! She remembered also... that Sungjong had died years ago.

"I... remember." Ji Hyun mumbled as her eyes began to be filled with tears. Seeing that she had recalled everything, he pulled something from his pants.

"Plus... I... think it's time for me to return this to you." Sungyeol said as he gave her a familiar looking ring. Upon receiving it, Ji Hyun's eyes were filled with tears.

"This is my..." Ji Hyun mumbled as she wore the ring back on her ring finger. Tears began rolling down her cheeks. "S-Sungjong-oppa gave this to me years ago... I remember. He gave it to me, and he has the same ring with him."

"I hid it from you since I didn't want you to remember." Sungyeol confessed. "I'm so sorry."

Ji Hyun began crying as she remembered everything. Sungyeol quickly acted and hugged her. He disliked seeing her sad anymore. He felt guilty. He began explaining things to her, on how everyone forgot about the war, about Sungjong... about everything that happened that day. She began to remember everything, about B.A.P...

She remembered the mother-like Kim Himchan, the brainy and supportive brother-like Yoo Youngjae, the silent yet caring brother-like member Jung Daehyun, the caring dancing boy that Eun Mi likes, Moon Jongup, the robot member and her real twin brother Choi Junhong a.k.a Zelo, and finally, the member she loved, the member who cared for her the most, the member who loved her, Bang Yongguk. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

The memories of her beloved brother Lee Sungjong came too. Those moments they spent together, after all these years. The pain she felt when she remembered that he had passed away... it hurts her...

"I remember everything..." Ji Hyun sobbed underneath Sungyeol's hug. "I remember..."

"Shh, it's okay, let it all out." Sungyeol whispered as he patted the sobbing girl's back. "It's okay..."

With a night recalling everything, Ji Hyun's chest began to hurt greatly. Emotions flowed out of her... the memories that should have been kept were now out. Now, she felt grateful that she learned the truth, but quite sad as the truth hid something painful... that she had lost everyone she cared the most. Her beloved brother died and B.A.P returned to Planet Mato and left her alone. Her pendant was gone too... and only the ring remained...