Dream

Alien Sister

Soon, Ji Hyun regained consciousness. Her whole body felt nothing and was paralyzed temporarily, only her fingers and head being able to move. The scenario she saw before was very different. The once shattered and messed up place, was now fixed. The sun shone brightly, the warm rays touching her face. Her eyes scanned the whole place, and that place seemed to be familiar. 

She was in the hospital...

Her eyes scanned the place more. She looked at herself and to her surprise, she was wearing white. Bandages were around her limbs, hints of blood underneath them. There were flowers beside her too. Since the window was quite near, she saw everything. Life in Seoul was back to normal. People were walking here and there, as if nothing happened. The once shattered glass windows seems to be fixed. Everything was clean and fixed... The spaceships and dead aliens were gone to, and everyone acted as if the war never existed! Her head hurts, and the memory was still fresh. Just then, she remembered...

Before she could even speak to herself, a familiar feminine shadow cam in along with six, taller figures. They were no other than Park Eun Mi and INFINITE. Eun Mi was covered with bandages too and as soon as she saw Ji Hyun awake, she bursted into tears. "Ji Hyun-ah!" she cried as she ran to her for a hug.

"E-Eun Mi...? Wha...?" Ji Hyun blabbered as she felt her best friend's touch.

"Oh, thank goodness you're awake!" she cried, her hug tightening.

"What? Awake? Why? What happened?" she asked, her voice slightly trembling. The other girl wasn't able to answer though, she was too busy crying. Ji Hyun's eyes beamed at INFINITE, seemingly confused. Their faces were familiar, but something seemed missing. "Oppa... what happened? Is the war over?" she asked.

"What war?" they asked as they slightly tilted their heads. Eun Mi slowly pulled herself away from Ji Hyun and tilted her head as well.

"What war are you talking about, Ji Hyun?" she asked, slightly confused.

"The war! Remember? Matokis invaded Earth and we defeated them! You were one of the warriors, remember? You, me... B.A.P-oppa..." Ji Hyun reminded as her eyes flooded with tears. "A-and... Sungjong... oppa."

Everyone slightly looked at each other before Sungyeol stepped in. "What are you talking about? There was no war!" Sungyeol smiled as he placed his hand above Ji Hyun's head.

That sentence Sungyeol said seemed to make Ji Hyun confused. Her world shattered. Was it really? Why can't they remember? What happened? She cluelessly placed her hand on her forehead, soon, looking at Sungyeol. "You really... don't recall anything?" she asked.

"Ji Hyun, there was no war at the first place!" Woohyun said. "What made you think of that?"

"What are you saying?! Don't you remember that Sungjong-oppa, my brother and INFINITE's maknae, died?! Don't you?!" she exclaimed as tears fell from her eyes. Everyone blinked before looking at each other. They seemed clueless. The really are clueless...

"Sungjong?" Sunggyu asked as he slightly tilted his head. "Who's Sungjong?"

Who's Sungjong? That word echoed inside Ji Hyun's head. Tears fell from her eyes continuously. How can they forget? They loved him very much! Did they really forget him already? It seemed that the war was still fresh and just happened yesterday, how can the forget that easily? 

"Aigoo, you're talking nonsense, Ji Hyunnie!" Dongwoo chuckled as he ruffled her hair. 

"You must've dreamed of things!" Hoya said, slightly smiling. 

"Aigoo... the impact must've made her dream of things!" L sighed.

Dream? What were they talking about? "Aish, you must've mixed that war dream of yours with reality, Ji Hyunnie." Sungyeol sighed as he ruffled her hair. "There was no war ever, Ji Hyun! It was just a dream... I guess?"

"Then... why am I in the hospital?" she asked. Everyone was silent, that was, until Eun Mi bursted into tears.

"Mianhe, it was really my fault!" Eun Mi cried as she fell onto her knees. Luckily, L quickly caught her as she weeped. "It was my fault. It was mine..."

"W-waeyo? What happened?" Ji Hyun asked.

"Y-you were bumped by a car. It was my fault, I shouldn't have crossed the street! It was supposed to be me in your situation!"

"M-mwo?"

"You saved me from the car, remember? We were going to school when I crossed the street carelessly. A car was speeding despite of the red light and was supposed to hit me. You jumped right in and got hit instead."

"Is that... the reason behind my bandages? And yours?"

"Nae. You got severely injured on your limbs and head. For me, I only got a wound on my head and a few scratches." Eun Mi sobbed as she hugged Ji Hyun again. "I'm so sorry, can you ever forgive me?"

Ji Hyun blinked a few times. Did the war never even existed? Was it true that she only got hit by a car? Was everything just a dream? It seems like it. Everything seemed to be so fine, as if the war never really existed nor came. Everyone acted normally. She convinced herself, it was just a dream. B.A.P, Mato, Matokis, and even Lee Sungjong, they were just fragments of her fickle imagination. But still, she was confused. She seems to can't remember much.

"Wait... I really... can't remember things well." Ji Hyun said as she faced everyone. "C-can you introduce yourselves again?"

"Of course." Eun Mi nodded as she smiled at her. "We'll bring back your memories no matter what! You remember me, right? I'm your best friend, Park Eun Mi. You might also recall my siblings, Eun Ji-noona, Min Ho-oppa and Min Su?"

"I... I remember those." Ji Hyun nodded. Then, her eyes turned at INFINITE. "How about you...?"

"INFINITE!" they smiled. Sunggyu stepped forward and began to introduce himself. "I'm Kim Sunggyu, remember? You often scold me for being to ill-tempered, and for bullying my dongsaengs, but we really are close!"

"Jang Dongwoo!" Dongwoo smiled. "The dino-umma of INFINITE! You often tease me as Dongwoo-umma, remember?"

"Nam Woohyun. You might recall me as Namstar!" Woohyun laughed.

"Lee Howon or Hoya." Hoya smiled. "You call me Howon-oppa though, and we're quite close! Remeber, I even taught you how to do the Scorpion Dance!"

"Kim Myungsoo, also known as L." L smiled. "Like Hoya-hyung, you call me by my real name, Myungsoo."

Ji Hyun smiled at them before turning to Sungyeol. Her eyes showed a bit of curiousity upon feeling the older guy hug her. She felt tears escape his eyes. She know who he is, but still, wanted to hear his own introduction. "H-how about you, oppa?" she asked.

"I'm Lee Sungyeol." he smiled, traces of tears still visible. "Remember? I'm your... older brother."

Upon hearing the word older brother, her eyes slightly grew bigger. In her "dream", her older brother was Lee Sungjong, but in reality, it was Sungyeol? She grew more confused as she blinked her eyes a few times. "My... older brother?"

"Nae." he nodded. "We also have another brother, Lee Daeyeol, remember? You're the youngest among us... Daeyeol is the middle child and I'm the eldest."

"... Do we have... an umma and appa?" she asked.

"Of course!" he nodded. "Why did you ask?"

For a second there, she felt relieved, but then, confused. She somewhat has this feeling that her parents were supposed to be dead... that she was an orphan! And her only family was supposed to be her brother alone, and they were supposed to be twins! But, hearing that her "parents" were alive and that they she has two brother, she slowly believed. Being hit by a car could have wiped her memory a bit and her dream made her mix it to reality. She had to believe what they say, they saw what happened, didn't they. Plus, Sungyeol's tears seems to be honest, she needed to believe him!

"I... see..." Ji Hyun mumbled before showing them a small smile. "I remember now."

"Jinjja?" Sungyeol smiled as he pulled her for a hug. "Oh, thank goodness! I thought my sister will forget me and everyone else forever!"

"I won't, oppa." she giggled as she hugged him.

"Sungyeol-ah, let's give Ji Hyunnie some time to rest first." Sunggyu called out as they began to get out of the room. 

"Hyung's right." L cried. "Once she's out of the hospital, you two can get some brother-sister moments again!"

"Myungsoo's right!" Woohyun laughed. "And bring Daeyeollie along too!"

"Yah, I'm not letting him get in our way!" Sungyeol laughed as he stood up. He placed a kiss above the young girl's forehead before going out. "Recover soon, arraseo?"

"Nae." Ji Hyun nodded. Once they were outside, Ji Hyun scanned the place again. She still can't believe that everything was a dream. The memory slowly faded and she slowly forgot things. New memories overlapped her "dream". She raised her left hand, where she felt that a ring was placed. To her surprise, there was none. She just decided to forget about it for now and rest as what her oppas told.

==============================================================================================

Outside, Eun Mi and INFINITE's smiles began to fade. Their tears were quickly wiped and were replaced by guilty faces. "Aigoo, I can't stay like this forever!" Eun Mi sighed as she beamed at INFINITE.

"Neither can we..." Sunggyu softly said. "But we need to."

"Even if it means that we need to lie at Ji Hyun?" Dongwoo asked. 

"Nae." he nodded.

To be exact, neither did INFINITE and Eun Mi forgot the things that exactly happened. Ji Hyun was right, the war existed. It wasn't a dream. The death of INFINITE's maknae, Lee Sungjong, was also true. Everything was true... and what they told Ji Hyun was just a big lie. Sungyeol wasn't really Ji Hyun's older brother, nor are they related. It was true, Ji Hyun is an orphan, and her only family was Sungjong... and he is dead. 

"I feel so guilty..." Sungyeol sighed as he fell onto his knees. L quickly caught him and tried to comfort him. Everyone felt guilt. 

"I can't believe I said that I don't know Sungjong..." Sunggyu mumbled as he brought his hands onto his face. "Aish..."

"We need to do this." Woohyun reminded. "Because... we promised."

Everyone's eyes shifted at Woohyun. They all nodded. They did promise... 

They promised B.A.P...

==============================================================================================

"Ji Hyun! Ji Hyun!" Eun Mi cried as she held her unconscious fried. "Oh no, please, not you too!"

"Calm down." Yongguk said as he felt her pulse. "She's still alive, she just passed out."

"So, what're your plans after this?" Dongwoo asked as he faced B.A.P. 

"We'll fix the whole place first, then head home to Mato." Himchan answered. They were all shocked. Didn't they fought because they wanted to stay, but now, they're leaving?

"M-MWO?!" Eun Mi cried. "I thought... you're staying?!"

"Change of plans." Jongup said. "First, we'll fix this place up, as if nothing happened, as if the war never existed in the first place. Then, we will remove the memories of you humans about us, the war, about everything. Finally, we are going to head home."

"Long story short, all you'll remember is living your normal earthling lives, like we never really came." Youngjae said.

"ANIYO!" Eun Mi cried. "I'm not approve this! I can't let myself forget about you guys, about you, Jongup-oppa!"

"It's for the best, Eun Mi..." Jongup mumbled.

"How about Ji Hyun?" Sungyeol asked as he pointed at the unconscious young girl. "Will she remember this too?"

"We are planning on erasing her memory starting from when we arrived." Yongguk said. "Everything related to us are going to be erased."

"You can't do that!" Eun Mi said. "She loves you guys very much! She can't just forget you!"

"It's for the best of everyone." Himchan answered.

"It's not! It won't be the best of her if she forgot those she loves the most! I can't let you erase Ji Hyun's memories just like that nor MY memories!"

B.A.P got quiet as they looked at each other. Eun Mi rebelled at their decision, and finally, came up with a new plan. "Arraseo, we won't erase your memories." Yongguk said as he pointed at INFINITE and Eun Mi. "You seven will be the only ones to remember about these things, about the war, about the death of Sungjong, about B.A.P, about everything."

"H-how about Ji Hyun?" L asked.

"I'm sorry, but we really need to erase her memories." Himchan sighed. 

"It's for the best that she doesn't remember anything." Daehyun added.

"The death of Lee Sungjong will be very painful for Min Yung." Zelo said. "Min Yung loves Sungjong very much, and if she doesn't recall his death, it won't hurt her anymore. Min Yung will also be hurt if she knew that B.A.P returned back to Mato, she'll be very hurt... and sad. Zelo dislikes it when Min Yung is sad."

Everyone looked at each other and came up with an agreement. "Fine, do what you want." Sunggyu said.

"Before we erase everyone's memories, I need you to promise us one thing." Yongguk said.

"What is it?" Sunggyu asked.

"Never tell Min Yung about this war. She will have a few fragments left but once new memories overlap them, she'll forget this. You need to convince her that this war never existed in the first place. That it was just a piece of her fickle imagination. It's best if you try and lie about who you guys are. You need to overlap her past memories, that way, she'll forget quicker."

"How about Jongie?" Sungyeol asked. "She'll forget about him too?"

"Nae." Himchan nodded. "At least, for that to be faster, someone needs to take his place."

Sungyeol went quiet. Since her last name is Lee, someone with the same surname must stand as her new brother... either it's him or Hoya. Hoya wasn't really close to girls since, so it's up to him. "Arraseo, I'll take Jongie's place!"

"MWO?!" Woohyun cried. "Are you serious?!"

"Nae." he nodded. "At least... that's how I can say sorry for bullying and teasing Sungjong all this time." 

"It'll be a great responsibility, Yeollie." Dongwoo reminded. "Plus, you've got Daeyeollie with you!"

"It doesn't matter." Sungyeol insisted as he knelt down beside Sungjong and the unconscious Ji Hyun. He ruffled both's hair. "Plus, Ji Hyunnie's like a sister to me too. I won't let her be alone..."

Everyone had no choice but to agree. Despite being a famous "choding", once Sungyeol says that he can do it, he can. His fiery will makes anything possible for him, as long as he is willing. Ji Hyun was like a sister for all of them, but it was also quite noticable that next to Sungjong, Sungyeol was closest to her compared to the others. True, he is often seen just talking to her and rarely hugs or cuddles her, but the two are very close. Sungyeol is the member that would fit the brother role of Ji Hyun...

"Arraseo." Sunggyu sighed as he gave Sungyeol the permission. 

"Also, remove everything that could remind her of us or Sungjong." Yongguk added.

"What... do you mean?" Hoya asked, his voice still shaky from all the crying.

"Hide all pictures and things that can remind her of us and Sungjong. Accessories, photos, everything!"

Sungyeol looked down at Ji Hyun and Sungjong's rings. He slowly removed Ji Hyun's ring and placed it in his pocket. He knew that the ring would remind her greatly of Sungjong. After that, B.A.P levitated again. This time, their whole bodies radiated with six different colors. Hand by hand, they restored how everything was. Time seemed to rewind as shattered glass returned to being whole again. The whole mess was cleaned up. The Matokis slowly vanished and so did the spaceships. The ground was fixed again. Plants sprouted again and trees straightened. Everyone forgot about the war, about them... 

... About Sungjong.

With B.A.P's abilities, everything related to Sungjong was erased. Every picture he is in, everything... his memories were wiped. From music videos, until his voice, his photos, his drama appearances, they were all removed. They were all replaced by Sungyeol. His lines in all INFINITE's music videos were replaced by Sungyeol's voice, and so were his drama appearances. All... they were gone. Nobody remembered someone by the name Lee Sungjong...

After that, a bright white light blinded everyone, even INFINITE and Eun Mi. The next thing they knew was that they were in the hospital. Eun Mi had bandages around her head, and Ji Hyun was wrapped with bandages. She was still unconscious. Sungjong was no where to be found, nor is B.A.P...

==============================================================================================

Everyone sat outside, quiet. Hoya and Dongwoo decided to buy some fruits for Ji Hyun. The others decided to wait for them, and later, go inside Ji Hyun's room. They saw how soundly asleep she was. 

All they needed to do was keep the secret safe...

... So Ji Hyun won't be hurt...

...Not anymore...