Her Sorrowful Past

Alien Sister

"Oppa! Wake up!!!" Ji Hyun called out as she entered her brother's room where Youngjae, Daehyun, Himchan and Yongguk were sleeping. Upon hearing her loud call, everyone jolted, surprised of the loud noise.

"M-Min Yung?" Himchan yawned, his eyes still half opened. "Waeyo?"

"Time for breakfast, Himchan-oppa!" Ji Hyun smiled as she helped Himchan get up.

"Breakfast? Did you prepare it already?"

"Nae~"

"Aigoo, did I wake up late...? Mianhe."

"Gwenchana, oppa! Now, help me wake these sleepyheads!"

With that, the two began waking the others, who decided to go back into sleeping after Ji Hyun had called them loudly. It didn't take a while before everyone, including Jongup and Zelo, were awake. The seven went to the kitchen and began eating. Sooner or later, everyone was frozen still after shoving a piece of Ji Hyun's cooking into their mouth.

"Himchan-hyung, were you the one to prepare breakfast?" Youngjae asked as he turned his eyes to Himchan.

"Aniyo, Min Yung did." Himchan shook his head. As he shoved a piece into his mouth, he was frozen like the others as well.

Everyone beamed at Ji Hyun, who was eating well. As soon as she noticed, she tilted her head. "Waeyo?"

"Seriously, are your tasting programs broken?" Yongguk asked as he secretly spitted the food onto his hand.

"I think they are."" Daehyun coughed. "Very broken..."

"Mwo? What are you guys trying to imply?" Ji Hyun cluelessly asked, tilting her head a bit more.

Everyone looked at each other before answering her question. "Your cooking's horrible, that's what it is." everyone said in unison. Ji Hyun giggled and pointed at Zelo.

"I think it isn't as someone is eating well." she giggled.

Zelo saw that everyone's eyes were on him. He blinked a few times before shoving another piece of food into his mouth. "Mwo? Waeyo? Why is everyone looking at Zelo?" Zelo asked.

"Yah, I think Zelo's taste programs are broken as well..." Jongup worriedly said as he nudged Yongguk.

"Aish, this robot needs to be fixed again!" Yongguk sighed. 

"Zelo thinks Min Yung's cooking is okay." Zelo suddenly said. Everyone just beamed at the two and sighed.

Hours later, everyone was done eating. Yongguk was assigned with the dishes this time and surprisingly finished them quicker than what Ji Hyun had thought. Later on, Ji Hyun and Himchan began cleaning the house, Daehyun and Youngjae were watching T.V, Yongguk and Jongup working out and Zelo walking around the house aimlessly with a bowl of cherry tomatoes with him, eating and eating...

While walking around, Zelo's attention was caught by a picture frame. With curiousity building up, he quickly grabbed it and showed it to the others, which like Zelo, were easily caught by it.

"Himchan-oppa, thanks for helping me with the cleaning." Ji Hyun smiled she straightened her stand.

"Aigoo, that's nothing~" Himchan giggled as he wiped the balls of sweat forming on Ji Hyun's forehead. "I can't just stand there, seeing my baby girl doing everything alone!"

"Aish, oppa~"

As the two went out of the room to clean the living room next. To their surprise, the other five were gathering together, as if they were looking or discussing something. Much to Ji Hyun's surprise, Zelo has something very dear to her. Quickly snatching the picture frame from the blonde's hands and quickly putting it back to its original place made everyone whine.

"YAH! WE WERE STILL LOOKING AT IT!" Daehyun whined. To their surprise, Ji Hyun was leering at them, her eyes showing her anger.

"Okay, let me get things straight here." Ji Hyun began as she crossed her arms. "I thought I made it clear that no one's allowed to touch my stuff. If I see you guys messing with my things again, I can assure that I'll be stricter and won't allow you guys to go out of this house ever again! If you want me to get along with you guys... Respect. My. Privacy! ARRASEO?!"

Everyone remained silent, nodding slightly and avoiding eye contact with her. It's been weeks that they haven't seen Ji Hyun get angry. Quickly, Zelo ran towards the angry Ji Hyun and tugged her shirt. "Mianhe, Min Yung... it was Zelo's fault, not the hyungs..." Zelo softly apologized. "Zelo was just curious about the picture and Zelo wanted to learn things about the picture. Zelo tried asking the hyungs but ended up not gaining informations as they have no idea. Please, don't be angry with the hyungs, it was Zelo's fault. Scold Zelo instead!"

Everyone was shocked by Zelo's sudden movements. It was pretty rare that Zelo would stand up for them. Of course, since Ji Hyun has a soft side to Zelo, she finally sighed and forgave him. "Arraseo, arraseo, just don't repeat it again, okay, Zelo?" she smiled.

"Nae! Zelo won't do it again!" Zelo smiled.

With that covered, Zelo pointed back at the picture and began to ask Ji Hyun herself. "Min Yung, why are there humans in that picture?" he asked innocently.

"Oh, this?" Ji Hyun asked as she held the picture frame. "This... is my family."

"Family?"

"Nae, family. My umma, appa, Sungjong-oppa and me."

Everyone looked at her. Soon, Ji Hyun sat in between the guys on the couch, explaining things slowly and carefully. "By means of family, you mean the earthlings that took care of you?" Yongguk asked.

"Nae." Ji Hyun nodded.

"Well, where are they now?" Himchan asked, feeling kind of excited. "We'd love to meet them!"

Ji Hyun stayed silent, making the others get confused. "Min Yung? Something wrong?" Jongup worriedly asked as he patted her shoulder.

"You see guys..." Ji Hyun softly said. "I can't let you meet them..."

"Oh, mianhe, I forgot we can't since, you know..." Youngjae softly chuckled.

"No, I can't really let you meet them." Ji Hyun frowned as she looked at the whole B.A.P "They're... gone."

Everyone stayed quiet, quite confused on what the young girl just said. "Gone?" Daehyun asked.

"What do you mean gone?" Yongguk asked.

"They're dead. Me and Sungjong-oppa are orphans. My oppa is the only family left with me. Umma and appa are already dead."

The whole B.A.P were shocked. Despite being aliens, they know what "dead" means as Matokis also experience those. They looked at Ji Hyun with rather worried eyes, seeing a girl recall such painful memory. They had no idea, and worse, they brought that pain back up. "Mianhe for asking..." Yongguk softly said.

"Ani, it's okay." Ji Hyun smiled, trying to hide her sadness and pain. "Why were you guys curious about my family anyway?"

"Zelo thinks that Min Yung has a great family." Zelo said. 

"You wanna know more?" she giggled as she ruffled Zelo's soft blonde hair.

"If it's okay for Min Yung." 

"Of course it's okay!"

==============================================================================================

"Oppa! Palli!" a slightly high pitched voice cried out. 

"Arraseo, arraseo! Calm down, will you?" another voice cried, but this time, it was slightly lower.

The voices belonged to a fifteen year old Sungjong and a thirteen year old Ji Hyun. They were neatly dressed and were hurrying out of their room. Outside, their mother and father waited for them, smiling on how excited the twins were. "Umma, let's ride the ferris wheel again, okay?"

"Okay, we will ride there again, Ji Hyun!" her mother smiled as they drove off.

There were laughter as Ji Hyun, Sungjong, their mother and father went on to play. Ji Hyun and Sungjong were having the most fun, riding different rides here and there. They laughed, and that was probably the best moment they had.

"Umma! Umma! Let's go ride the ferris wheel already!" little Ji Hyun cried out as she tugged her mother's shirt.

"Appa, you come too!" Sungjong smiled as he smiled at their father.

"Arraseo, arraseo." their father chuckled. "Calm down, you two, we're going, okay?"

"Aigoo, you two know how much I hate heights!" their mother nervously giggled.

"It's okay, umma!" Sungjong bravely said. "Me and appa are here to protect you, aren't we?"

"Aish, you two!"

"Sungjong-oppa is a brave man, umma!" Ji Hyun laughed. "He'll really protect you! Plus, appa is a strong guy, what else can go wrong?"

"Aigoo, okay, okay! My two boys would protect me now, wouldn't they?"

"Umma! Hajima!" Sungjong laughed.

The whole Lee Family rode the ferris wheel, seeing the colorful lights lighting up the whole place. Colorful lights... they were the most beautiful thing that Ji Hyun and Sungjong saw. The twins were very happy that day... the colors cladding the whole amusement park. Their eyes glimmered by the sight...

"Umma, appa, thank you for bringing us here!" Ji Hyun smiled as she faced her parents.

"Gwenchana, Ji Hyun~" their mother and father replied, smiling.

"Best day, isn't it, Ji Hyunnie?" Sungjong giggled as he wrapped his arms around her.

"Nae!"

"Saengil chughahabnida, Lee Ji Hyun!" all of them said as they pulled together for a family hug.

==============================================================================================

"MWO?! What did you just say, oppa?!" Ji Hyun cried as she jumped off her seat. 

"Umma and appa... they had a car accident." Sungjong, who was trying to hold his nervousness and tears, said. He quickly wore his coat and gave Ji Hyun hers. "Palli, they were brought to the hospital by some bystanders. We need to hurry!"

"Nae!" Ji Hyun nodded as she quickly wore her coat. When they were ready, the twins quickly dashed to the hospital where their parents were brought.

Upon arriving, they saw a crowd of people. Nurses and doctors were running here and there. Sungjong and Ji Hyun began to panic, but managed to hold it in. They tried looking for their parents first. "Excuse me, were there two persons taken in here?" Sungjong asked.

"Nae. Family name please, sir?" the nurse asked.

"Lee. Lee Sungjong. I am the eldest child of those patients."This is my younger sister, Lee Ji Hyun, where are our parents?"

"They are in the emergency room, sir."

"ARE THEY OKAY? IS UMMA AND APPA GOING TO BE FINE?" Ji Hyun cried, her panic slowly appearing.

"Ji Hyun, calm down." Sungjong whispered as he pulled his sister for a hug. "What exactly happened to them?"

"I am not sure, Mr. Lee..." the nurse said. "One of the persons that sent your parents here said that they while driving, a drunk driver suddenly went into their lane. Your father probably was able to swivel the vehicle and avoid the car, but due to loss of control, their vehicle had a large impact as coming car hit them. Both passengers and drivers of each car were sent here to the hospital. Your parents are in very bad shape, but we'll do our best."

"Please... please do your best." Sungjong softly pleaded as tears formed. He was very worried. Ji Hyun was wailing already, extremely panicking and shocked of things.

==============================================================================================

Hours passed and the doctor came out. Sungjong and Ji Hyun were sitting outside, waiting for the results. "Doctor! How are our parents?" Sungjong worriedly asked as he ran to the elder man.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Lee..." the doctor softly said as he ducked his head. The words brought fear to the twins, they didn't want to hear the next words he might say. "Your parents... they're dead."

"ANI!" Ji Hyun cried out. "ANIYO! ANIYO! UMMA AND APPA ARE STRONG! THEY CAN'T BE DEAD!" 

"Ji Hyun..." Sungjong softly said as he saw his sister burst into tears.

"It can't be... umma and appa... they're strong." she weeped before falling into her knees. Luckily, Sungjong caught her as she fell. "They promised us... they would come back after they buy some things. They told us that we'd have dinner together. It can't be..."

"Ji Hyun, calm down..." Sungjong whispered as he patted the shocked girl's back.

"Calm down?! Oppa! Our umma and appa are dead! How can I possibly calm down?!" Ji Hyun bursted as she covered her face with her hands. Sungjong was very shocked as well, but he managed to get a hold of the situation. It hurt him, seeing his younger sister cry and wail. He couldn't do anything but hug her tightly.

"Mianhe..." Ji Hyun softly sobbed. "I'm sorry for shouting at you, Sungjong-oppa..."

"Ani, it's okay." Sungjong whispered as he her hair. "It's okay."

As the twins stood up, Sungjong faced the doctor. "C-can we at least see our umma and appa?" he asked, his voice trembling.

"Nae, you can." he nodded and pointed at the room. "They're in there."

The twins quickly ran to the said room, seeing their parents breathless. Even though they were dead, it seemed that their expressions were sad, as if they cried. "Umma... appa..." Ji Hyun cried as she bursts into tears again. Again, Sungjong just held her hand tight and hugged her.

"Umma, appa, I hope your souls find peace." Sungjong softly said as his tears began to roll down his cheeks. "Gwenchana, we'll stay strong, okay? Me and Ji Hyunnie will remain strong and do our best. Annyeong..."

==============================================================================================

The funeral day finally came. Everyone was wearing black, Sungjong and Ji Hyun standing in front with some of their relatives. Ji Hyun was growing weak and tired with all the crying, day and night. Sungjong, as the older brother, held his tears back, not wanting Ji Hyun nor the others to see them, but especially, he didn't want his parents to see him crying. He promised that he won't cry...

After that, everyone felt bad for the little Lee Twins. They are now orphans, no mother and father. It was only them. Sungjong and Ji Hyun...

"Sungjong-ah, we're really sorry for the loss of your umma and appa." their aunt said as she patted the twins' head. "If you want, you can move in with us."

"Ani, imo, gwenchana." Sungjong said, trying to smile. "Me and Ji Hyun will be fine."

"Jinjja? But, you're only fifteen. Your sister here is only thirteen. How can you two possibly be fine?!"

"Trust us, imo, we will be fine." he smiled, wiping the tears away from his eyes. "Me and Ji Hyunnie will stay strong. Just us two is enough, we can face everything. We will face everything together."

"Sungjong-ah..."

"Imo, I promised umma and appa, that when they're gone, I'll protect Ji Hyunnie." Sungjong said as he patted Ji Hyun's head. His sister finally fell asleep after endless crying. "I'll protect her no matter what, as her older brother, I'll do whatever it takes!"

"How about your studies?"

"I'll find a job. I'll pay for all payments me and her would have. Gwenchana, imo, we'll be fine."

"O-okay then, but call us whenever you need anything, arraseo?"

"Arraseo, imo... arraseo."

Sungjong smiled as tears rolled down his cheeks. He wasn't able to contain all the pain and sorrow in him anymore. He began to crumble. Just as soon as he thought that it was okay, Ji Hyun woke up, just to see her brother crying. "Oppa...?"

"Ji Hyunnie, promise me, promise me that you'll stay strong along with me, okay?"

"Mwo...? Oppa, what-"

"Promise me..."

"Nae, I promise. Ji Hyun will stay strong with Sungjong-oppa."

"Good." Sungjong cried as he pulled his sister for a hug. "Oppa promises he'd protect you... forever."

"Gomawo, oppa... gomawo..."

=========================================================================================

"And that's how my parents kind of died." Ji Hyun ended as she slowly ducked her head, hiding her slightly teary eyes. "And, I gave a little hint of my past too."

"So, you suffered a lot, eh?" Himchan mumbled as he patted her back. "I'm sorry for what happened to your parents."

Seeing that the young girl was in her tears already, Yongguk began to wipe her tears. "Yah, don't cry. Females look their worst when they shed tears." he said as he showed her a smile. "And besides, you promised your Sungjong-oppa that you'd be strong, nae?"

"Nae." she said as she put on a smile. 

"Min Yung doesn't need to be sad anymore!" Zelo said as he wrapped his arms around the young girl. "We will be your family from now on!"

"Jinjja?" she giggled as she pinched Zelo's soft cheeks. "Gomawo~"

"Gwenchana~" Zelo chuckled. "Even without an umma and appa, a family is where your heart is, right? In that case, we are your family! There might be no appa or umma, but it's still good, right?"

"Nae, it's good." she smiled. "It's good."

Ji Hyun then brought everyone close to her for a hug. She knew that Zelo was right. It's not only her and Sungjong that is a family, but she, Sungjong and everyone else that they love... and now, B.A.P. Who cares if they're aliens and one is a robot? All that matters is that everyone loves one another, that they care for each other... 

And are willing to stay with you 'till the end...