Nothing's Over

Alien Sister

"Sungjong-oppa!!!" Ji Hyun cried as she lets go of Yongguk and Zelo. She began shooting the Matokis that were heading for her fallen brother. The Matoki that shot him was quickly shot by Ji Hyun. Everyone quickly let go of their hands and tried to protect Ji Hyun and Sungjong. Zelo and Yongguk quickly approached the twins.

"Sungjong-oppa! Stay with me! Don't go into the light!!!" Ji Hyun cried as she shook Sungjong, her whole body trembling. The sight of her beloved brother bathing in his own blood. Her eyes cannot hold her tears anymore and they quickly rolled down her cheeks. "Oppa! Open your eyes! Please!"

Sungjong managed to do so and looked up to his sister, his eyes half open. He can barely breathe nor speak. Blood was coming out of his mouth. He was covered in blood and sweat. "J-Ji... Hyun..."

"It's best if he doesn't talk." Yongguk said as he looked at Ji Hyun.

"Sungjong was hit by a laser bullet on his back. Zelo's scanners say that it had hit his heart." Zelo said as he looked at Ji Hyun as well. Everyone knew that once a human was shot by the said bullet, any minutes now, they would be dead.

"That's not true!" Ji Hyun cried as she held Sungjong around her arms. "Oppa can make it! He can! Sungjong-oppa can do-"

"Ji.. Hy-Hyun, enough..." Sungjong softly said as he held Ji Hyun's hand tight. "T-they're right... I might... not make it." 

"ANIYO! You can! I know you can!"

"Ji Hyun... the laser bullet that shot me... i-isn't l-like that of tho-se normal... bullets."

"Please, don't speak." Yongguk said. "It will worsen your situation."

"Oppa, promise me, you'll make it." Ji Hyun sobbed as tears fell from her eyes. Sungjong couldn't do anything but to watch his sister cry in front of him. It hurt him more  than the shot he received. He felt himself slowly crumble by the sight of his beloved sister crying. 

"Ji Hyun, please... don't cry..." he begged as he slowly wiped Ji Hyun's tears away. Since there were blood on his hand as well, it stained his sister's face. "You look... ugly if you're... crying."

"I don't care if I look ugly, who wouldn't cry when their beloved brother is shot?!"

"I know that... but please, ju-just don't... cry."

By that moment, Sungjong's breathing became unstable and he began coughing up blood, much to Ji Hyun's worry. His breathing was deeper and he can barely talk. Despite this, he forced himself to talk. "J-Ji Hyun-"

"Oppa, don't talk anymore." Ji Hyun sobbed as tears flowed non-stop. "You'll worsen yourself."

"I... need to tell you something..." Sungjong choked. "I-import... ant..."

"You can tell me that once the war's over, just stay quiet..."

Sungjong knew that there was no later. He knew his limits, and he won't survive any longer. The "later" his sister begged for won't arrive for him. In any seconds now, his existence will vanish, his eyes will close, his breathing will stop. He will die any moments later. "P-please... I really need to tell you this..." Sungjong insisted as he held Ji Hyun's hand tighter. "Please..."

Ji Hyun knew how painful Sungjong's situation was, but the way he insisted seemed that what he was about to tell is important. "Fine, but take it easy, arraseo?" Ji Hyun nodded as she held Sungjong's hand. "You can tell me, but take it easy."

"A-arraseo..." Sungjong nodded as he took a deep breath. "What... I am about to tell you... is the truth."

"T-truth?" she asked as her eyes grew slightly wide. "W-what truth?"

"The truth is... that... I knew... who you are... before you told me." Sungjong softly said.

Ji Hyun's mind began to process his words. He knew her true identity before she even told him? What was it that he wanted to tell? "Mwo? What do you mean?" she asked, her voice slightly trembling. 

"I knew your identity eversince... before B.A.P even came.... before you even t-told me. I saw... how you came to our l-life." he replied.

Ji Hyun felt like the whole world stopped. The words her brother said, does that mean he had been pretending to be clueless? Did he knew exactly her real identity yet he never told her? Her head was filled with thousands of questions. She wanted to ask Sungjong, but she knew that he can't anymore. He can barely talk! Before she could even utter a word, Sungjong began to tell her the reason and how he knew about her identity.

==============================================================================================

Year 2006...

"Sungjong! Stop locking yourself inside your room!" Mrs. Lee called out. Thirteen years old Lee Sungjong refused to go out of his room. He has been locking himself inside his room, crying all day. Finally, his parents decided to approach him. As usual, his face was covered with tears. His eyes were swollen from crying.

"Sungjong-ah, you must move on." Mrs. Lee sighed as she patted her son's back. "You need to accept things, son."

"It's not that easy, umma!" he sobbed as he pulled his knees close to his chest, head buried under his arms. "Admit it, even you can't accept that one of yours sons died! That Sunkyu's dead!"

His parents stayed quiet upon hearing their son's name again. Sungjong was rather close to his younger brother, Lee Sunkyu. Sunkyu died days ago and his funeral was done yesterday. He has an incurable and rare disease, but that wasn't the reason of his death. At the age of ten, he died due to car accident. Sungjong and him are attending the same school, and due to Sungjong's lack of attention, he wasn't able to notice that his younger brother crossed the street alone. A fast car which lost break hit him. The impact was great that it sent the poor boy flying away. Sungjong believed that it was his fault for not looking after him well. Sungjong couldn't accept the fact that his beloved younger brother died... because of him....

"Sungjong, me and your umma still can't accept that, but we need to move on." Mr. Lee said. "We can't forever stay in the past, right? We need to move on to the future..."

"But, appa, it hurts whenever I think of Sunkyu. It hurts my chest..." Sungjong sobbed. "I just can't... it was my fault... MINE."

"Sungjong, please." Mrs. Lee said as her eyes slowly became teary. "It isn't your fault, it was the driver's..."

"ANI, UMMA! IT WAS MINE! IF I LOOKED AFTER HIM, NONE OF THESE WOULD'VE HAPPENED!" Sungjong cried. His voice was raised. He was guilty, he wanted to kill himself! 

"Oh, Sungjong..." his mother sighed as she pulled her son for a hug. "Stop crying... we know you didn't mean it. It's not your fault, arraseo?"

"Plus, what happened has happened. We can't bring back time..." his father added.

Only if he had watched over Sunkyu! Only if he held his brother's hand... if only he held him and watched him. If only that car didn't came and lost its breaks! How he wished that time would go back. At least, that way, he can prevent his brother's death. That was all he wanted... reverse time back. 

Hours passed and it was time for dinner. "Sungjong, dinner!" Mrs. Lee called out. As usual, there was silence. The young boy refused to give any response. His father decided to approach him in his room. "Sungjong-ah, didn't you hear you umma? Dinner's ready." Mr. Lee said.

Sungjong's room was pitch black. Sungjong buried himself under his blanket and was still crying. Not wanting to disturb him, Mr. Lee left him alone. Sungjong hasn't eaten that much for days. He says that the guilt makes his body refuse the food.

Hours later and the Lee family was sound asleep, except for Sungjong. He was still crying and decided to stay awake first. He hasn't been asleep for solid two days. If he had, it would only be light and he'd quickly wake up. Tears were flowing endlessly down his cheeks. He decided to wipe them every now and then, but it was useless. He finally got up and decided to look at the pictures of him and Sunkyu.

The photos served as his reminder, and to keep his brother's memory alive. The pictures of his smiles, the sound of his laughter, the moments he would shout out his name... "Sungjong-hyung! Saranghe!" those words kept on echoing inside his head. Tears fell again, and to admit it, he was getting annoyed with his tears. He quickly wiped them as they fell on the pictures. 

"Sunkyu... hyung's sorry." Sungjong mumbled as he hugged the album. "I'm so sorry I let you off like that. Please forgive me..."

Moments later, a bright light clad the whole environment, well, not that bright. It seemed like something fell from the sky. For children, they'll address it as a falling star, but the truth is, it seemed to be a meteorite. What else, it landed near their house! The explosion was quite loud and it woke up his parents too!

"What was that?!" Mr. Lee cried in shock as he ran to Sungjong's room.

"Meteorite crash..." he replied as he dashed off the house. 

"Sungjong-! Come back here!" his mother cried as she chased him. Sungjong ignored his mother's call and hurried at the crash site. The smoke was thick and it choked him. Still, his great curiousity made him go on. As the smoke faded, something unexpected appeared in front of them. 

A small girl, probably whose age ranges in her early teens... ten or eleven maybe? She was greatly dirted, but miraculously unharmed. She was unconscious and she was at the exact place where the meteorite crashed! Can it be that she is... oh no, it was impossible!

"I-is that... what it seems like?" Mrs. Lee asked as she backed off a bit.

"Sungjong! Stay away!" Mr. Lee warned as he tried to make his son back off as well. Sungjong ignored them and walked to the girl. He took a closer look and saw that the girl seemed no harm. 

"Umma, appa, we need to take her to the hospital!" Sungjong cried as he carefully carried the unconscious young girl.

"W-what?!"

"She's hurt! We need to help her!"

"A-arraseo, get in the car, palli!"

Everyone did what the father said. It didn't take a while before they arrived at the hospital. The young girl was quickly attended by the doctors and nurses. Despite what tests they did, the same results came... "Ma'am, sir, I'm sure that this girl is okay, only a few bruises and scratches. Plus, we found something weird about her."

"W-what is it?"

"When we took an x-ray test for her, we saw... circuits in her, as if she was a robot."

Everyone froze. Circuits? Inside a young girl? Yeah, she was like a robot. "C-can we see her?" Sungjong asked.

"Of course. She seems fine, so, yes."

The whole family quickly visited the girl. Soon, she woke up, looking around her surroundings. The sight of three people around her made her blink a few times. "Who are you? Where am I? Who am I?" she asked as she saw the family. 

Sungjong looked at his parents. They had no idea about the identity of the young girl. It seems that she has amnesia or some sort. "Umma, appa, what should we do?" Sungjong whispered. "We can't just leave her here, clueless of who she is. Plus, we saw where she came from..."

Mr. and Mrs. Lee kept quiet as they thought. Finally, they decided. "We are going to keep her." Mr. Lee said. "She seems to be homeless, so we should adopt her. And yes, we saw where she came from. She fell from the sky yet she appears to be unharmed."

"Like a robot indeed." Mrs. Lee nodded as she walked to see the young girl. "You're in the hospital, dear." she said. "You were... in a state of coma for years. You finally woke up." Mrs. Lee lied. 

"C-coma? If that's that, who am I, why can't I remember anything?" she asked again.

"You're..."

"You're my younger sister." Sungjong quickly said. Honestly, he has no idea of what he just said. Probably, that guilt of loosing his brother made him say such. "Y-you're my younger sister... Lee Ji Hyun."

On that time, Sungjong had named the nameless girl and claimed her to be his younger sister. "Lee... Ji Hyun?"

"Nae. This is our umma and appa." Sungjong nodded as a smile appeared on his face, a smile that no one had seen eversince Sunkyu died. He quickly hugged the young girl and tears fell down. "I am you older brother, Lee Sungjong."

"O-oppa... I can't remember anything..."

"That's okay, we'll help you regain your memories, Ji Hyun!"

"G-gomawo... Sungjong-oppa..."

Sungjong knew that she wasn't normal. He believed the doctors, she is a robot. She was a bit cold and she fell from the sky. Those were proofs of who and what was she. Even though, he ignored this fact and kept the lie. He vowed that he won't let another person die. He will protect her...

==============================================================================================

After hearing Sungjong's explanation, Ji Hyun was frozen still. She can't believe what she just heard. Sungjong knew who she was from the very start! He lied to her about the comatose, about their parents... about her name, about who she really was. She thought that Sungjong was completely clueless. "W-why did you keep that information hidden from me, oppa?" Ji Hyun weeped.

"I didn't... want anyone dear to me... be lost again." Sungjong replied before coughing up blood again. 

"But... I really was not your sister. How could you manage...?"

"True... we aren't real siblings. But... by heart we are. You are a ro...bot and I am not, but growing up together m-made us siblings. Our bond... makes us siblings... makes us... t-twins."

Tears fell down from Ji Hyun's eyes as she hugged Sungjong. "Oppa..." she cried as she hugged him tighter. Sungjong slowly hugged back as he closed his eyes. "I'm so sorry... I really am..."

"W-waeyo? Y-you didn't do... anything wrong." Sungjong asked.

"I don't know... but I just feel sorry."

Sungjong let out a small giggled before whispering something to her again. "Ji H-Hyun, promise me one thing, okay? T-that... when I'm gone... you'll stay strong... promise... me."

"Sungjong-oppa, don't talk like that! You aren't leaving me, you're not going anywhere!" Ji Hyun cried as more tears rolled.

"Mianhe... but I don't think... I can stay." Sungjong chuckled. "Aren't you... happy for me? I'll be with umma... with appa... and I'll see my Sunkyu again. They've... probably missed me."

"How about me?"

"I'll guide you from... above. I won't leave you..."

Ji Hyun just cried as she buried her head on Sungjong's shoulders. Her hug tightens as Sungjong's tears fell. Zelo and Yongguk can't bear to watch... it was heartbreaking. "Ji Hyunnie..." Sungjong called out with his weak voice. "I want... to let you hear out favorite song... for the last time."

Ji Hyun pulled Sungjong away a bit. There, he began singing their favorite song... INFINITE's Nothing's Over.

"Nothing's... over, nothing's over... nothing's over... ddan nom mannamyeon andwae...beolsseo geuromyeon andwae.." Sungjong sang despite having hard times speaking and breathing. Soon, Ji Hyun joined his singing. Their sad melodies echoed around the place.

"Ajigeun ggeunan ge aniya... neol bonaen jeok eopseo..." 

As their song ended, Sungjong smiled at Ji Hyun for the very last time. "Saranghe... Lee... J...i.... Hyun..." he mumbled before closing his eyes. His breathing stopped and his grip on Ji Hyun's hand loosened. His body was now lifeless.

"Oppa...? Oppa..! Oppa!" Ji Hyun repeatedly cried as she shook the lifeless Sungjong. Tears rolled down her eyes as she hugged her lifeless brother. "ANIYO!!! SUNGJONG-OPPA!!!" she wailed. Yongguk comforted her by hugging her. Zelo felt sadness too, despite being a robot. She finally let go of her brother and was hugged by both Yongguk and Zelo. 

Back at the real situation, everything had gotten worse! Exchange of lasers increased and some gained wounds. Eun Mi nearly got shot but thanks to Jongup, it was just a scratch. "Min Yung..." Yongguk whispered as he patted her back. "We need to finish this."

"Do this for everybody..." Zelo added. "For your friends... for Sungjong-hyung."

Ji Hyun nodded as she stood up. With one of her shield devices, she put it over Sungjong's chest and a thick wall of light protected him. She called out everyone and held hands again, preparing to use their energy source.

"I won't let you down, Sungjong-oppa." Ji Hyun thought as she closed her eyes. "Your death won't be meaningless..."

I promise... we'll protect the Earth!