Our Strength

Alien Sister

Hours passed and Yongguk was still awake along with Himchan and Daehyun. Footsteps seemed to be getting closer, thus he began waking the others up. "Yah, wake up!" he softly said as he nudged the others.

"Nrgh...? Waeyo?" Youngjae yawned. 

"What's wrong, hyung?" Jongup asked as he woke up, his eyes half opened.

"They seemed to have spotted us." he softly said as he peeked a bit from the wall. He was right, Matokis were coming! He and the otehrs began to wake the others, which managed to happen quickly. Pulling their weapons again, they prepared to attack. As soon as the Matokis came in front of them, Yongguk began firing laser bullets on it and led the way away from them. 

"Quickly!" he cried as they ran again. Sungjong had barely regained strength, nor did Eun Mi. Jongup had to hold the young girl's hand as they ran off, the same with Ji Hyun to Sungjong. Matokis followed them and tried shooting them, which they managed to avoid. The team returned them with loads of laser bullets, and a few laser beams from Ji Hyun and Zelo.

The team couldn't find a safe place to hide. It would take them forever to defeat these aliens! There were thousands and there were only nine of them, add the fact that two of them are humans and are growing tired! 

"Aish, this isn't going well..." Himchan cried as they continued running away and shooting the Matokis.

"You said it!" Jongup cried as he ran faster, dragging Eun Mi along.

"Yah! Slow down!" Eun Mi exclaimed.

"If I do, they'll catch us!"

"Arraseo!" 

The nine continued running. Sungjong was really weak at these kind of situations, that was the exact reason why he had to rely on Ji Hyun for the meantime and let himself be dragged. Still, he tried to fight and shot them. Finally, they decided to stop for a while and focus on aiming and shooting. Everyone successfully wiped at least one fourth of the Matokis, but that wasn't still enough as they continued running again. 

=========================================================================================

Meanwhile, while the war was going on, the people in the safe house were getting more frightened by the explosions and gun shots. They didn't dare to look outside as they were scared that they will be spotted. Youngjae managed to put up a barrier that makes them seem invisible. The barrier takes effect on both humans and Matokis, thus, they are secured and sure to be safe. Plus, explosions won't affect them, since Youngjae's barrier also provides them protection.

Inside, Eun Mi's family members and INFINITE were the most worried people among them. Eun Mi's mother couldn't stop crying for she is very worried for her daughter. Min Ho and Min Su were the same, and so was their father. 

"Umma, please, stop crying." Min Su said as he continuously wiped his mother's eyes.

"I can't help it." Mrs. Park sobbed. "Eun Mi's out there, risking her life for us! I just..."

"Umma, Eun Mi's a strong girl, she won't get defeated easily." Min Ho said. "Our Eun Mi's strong. She participated and knows her limits. She'll do her best to protect Earth. Please, stop crying."

"The boys are right, dear." Mr. Park nodded. "Eun Mi will be okay. I promise that."

"But..."

"Umma, noona will come back safe." Min Su smiled. "She'll come back alive and safe. Maybe wounded, but alive."

The Parks just cuddled and hoped for the best. They hoped and prayed that Eun Mi would come back safe and sound, wounded but alive. INFINITE, on the other hand, were quiet and still. They were greatly worried for Sungjong, their maknae. Though they often bully and and order him around, they really care and love Sungjong very much. They treat him as their true little brother.

"Do you think Sungjongie's okay?" Dongwoo worriedly asked.

"I hope he is..." Hoya sighed as he brought his hands over his head.

"I can't bear for INFINITE to loose one member..." L mumbled as Sungyeol patted his back.

"He'll come back, he will." Sungyeol smiled as he tried comforting L. "He won't leave us... not now."

Woohyun noticed Sunggyu's paleness. He was very quiet and seemingly dazed. His hands were clasped together, slightly shaking. "Hyung, you okay?" Woohyun worriedly asked as he snapped his fingers in front of the older guy's face. As his fingers snapped, Sunggyu jolted and blinked a few times before looking at Woohyun.

"M-mwo?" 

"Are you okay? You seem dazed." Woohyun said.

"A-ani... I'm okay." Sunggyu replied in a rather soft voice.

"Jinjja? I don't think so, hyung."

Sunggyu sighed before facing the younger team member. His eyes showed his great worry for the maknae. "Come on, hyung, you trust me the most, right? Tell me." Woohyun insisted.

"I'm just worried for Jongie." Sunggyu answered. "I mean, I always boss him around that he takes grudges on me. I feel bad, and if ever he doesn't return... my guilt of not being able to say sorry will haunt me forever."

"Hyung, Jongie's coming back, arraseo? He will. You can ask sorry once he returns."

"You're too optimistic, you know?"

"I'm just not loosing hope that our maknae will return."

Sunggyu nodded as Woohyun patted his back. INFINITE prayed together that their beloved maknae would return safe and sound. They knew that he would come back...

=========================================================================================

Meanwhile, back in the battle, the team has decided to stay still and battle them. Explosions here and there, lasers here and there, and more Matokis fell. Though it seemed endless, they knew they were slowly winning.

"Youngjae, grenade, now!" Yongguk ordered. Youngjae quickly obeyed and threw one of his specialized grenades. Himchan and Daehyun put up  wall of light to protect them from the explosion.

BOOM!

Once the smoke cleared, Yongguk saw that the Matokis were a bit fewer this time. As expected of Youngjae's creations, they work well! The explosion was quite strong that some even fell, but quickly got up. There were exchanges of laser beams and bullets. Some fell. 

"ARGH!" Yongguk cried as he was hit again, this time, on his right shoulder and waist. Blood dripped from his clothes. The faint scent of blood was quickly picked up by Zelo and Ji Hyun.

"HYUNG!" Zelo cried as he ran over to Yongguk. Due to carelessness, Zelo's left leg was shot, making fall. Luckily, he had took quick cover behind Yongguk's wall of light. 

"You idiot! Why'd you run here?!" Yongguk cried as he saw sparks flying out of Zelo's left leg. It released no blood, but Yongguk could now see a hollow hole on his leg. Circuits were broken...

"Zelo is okay, is hyung too?" Zelo asked.

"Of course I am! Look at you, your left leg is now broken!" Yongguk hissed. "Aish, we can't find time to fix the broken circuits. Zelo, commence automatic healing system."

Zelo nodded as the "skin" on his left leg slowly closed the hole. The "wound" was now gone physically, but circuits were still broken inside. Unlike Ji Hyun, Zelo cannot fix his own circuits with the healing system he was programmed. Ji Hyun's program is a bit advanced compared to his. Later, Yongguk and Zelo noticed that their wall was slowly cracking.

"Quick, take cover!" Yongguk cried as he pushed Zelo.

"Yes, sir!" Zelo nodded as he dashed off away the wall, putting up another wall of light. Yongguk, meanwhile, didn't bother to do the same thing and continued to attack. 

"Yongguk! Take cover, you idiot!" Himchan cried as he saw their team leader's recklessness. Yongguk disobeyed Himchan's orders and continued firing. Ji Hyun saw how reckless Yongguk attacked, thus, charging on him to make him avoid an upcoming laser shot. Unluckily, Ji Hyun was the one hit, but only a scratch on her back. 

"Why did you do that?!" Yongguk cried as he saw Ji Hyun push him over.

"BABO! You nearly got hit!" Ji Hyun cried. Yongguk quickly noticed the stains of blood behind her back. Despite being a scratch, it bled much. But, thanks to her healing system, her back stopped bleeding and the scratch closed up, leaving only trails of blood. Acting quick, she dragged Yongguk to her wall of light and took cover. 

Everyone began to throw bombs at them, wiping Matokis off. It wasn't long when their opponents weren't that many anymore. 

"Zelo, fire on the left!" Ji Hyun ordered. She and Zelo worked in perfect unity, Ji Hyun shooting at the right and Zelo at the left. They were one. Sungjong saw this and he himself was amazed. The way his sister fought was flawless... as if it was very normal to her.

Quickly, the others followed. The once cold Yongguk and Sungjong fought back to back. Soon, they had wiped half of their enemy's army. Everyone slightly rejoiced, that was, until a volley of shots hit Yongguk, Himchan, Zelo and Jongup.

"Oppa!" Eun Mi cried. 

"Take cover!" Yongguk commanded. Walls of light came up again and everyone put up their defenses. Jongup, Yongguk and Himchan were greatly bleeding. Zelo's systems were damaged greatly, not even his healing system could work them out. Sparks were flying out of his arms and legs, and some on his lower right abdomen.

"Yongguk." Sungjong softly called as he saw the puddle of blood beside Yongguk.

"Don't worry, this is nothing." Yongguk said as he tried to stop the bleeding.

"Nothing?! You're extremely bleeding for goodness' sake!" Ji Hyun exclaimed. "You are not okay, arraseo!"

"I AM okay." Yongguk insisted, raising his voice a bit on the "am". He pointed at Zelo, a streak of worry in his eyes. Ji Hyun quickly noticed this and turned to Zelo. To her surprise, Zelo's eyes were tightly shut, his left hand tightly holding his right arm. He scowled, something they don't often see.

"Zelo!" Ji Hyun cried as she hurried to Zelo and supported him. She saw several sparks flying away. "W-what's wrong?"

"Zelo's system... it's greatly damaged." Zelo softly said. "Zelo... feels sharp pain."

Upon hearing the boy's words, her eyes grew big. Pain was something Zelo couldn't feel, he is a robot! Robots don't feel anything... "P-pain?"

"System's damage is major, must be fixed." Zelo mumbled as he opened his eyes a bit. "Need... to be fixed."

"W-we can't, not now." Ji Hyun replied, her voice shaking. "We can't fix you now, we're in the middle of the war. Can't you system heal like mine?"

"Min Yung's healing system is more advanced than Zelo's. Zelo can't."

"Hang in there, it's nearly finished, arraseo?" Ji Hyun said, her eyes nearly tearing up. "Stay strong, we can do this. Stay strong, Zelo, arraseo?"

"A-arraseo..." Zelo nodded. Hi system closed his wounds again but this time, it took more time. Afterwards, they continued fighting again despite being greatly wounded. Meanwhile, Jongup and Himchan can barely move anymore, but still insisted that they can.

"Jongup-oppa, hang in there, okay?" Eun Mi said, her eyes slowly tearing up. "We can do this."

"N-nae, we can." Jongup nodded. "W-we can..."

"Hyung, your arms..." Youngjae worriedly said as he pointed at Himchan's bloody limbs. Himchan was twisting in pain already, but managed to ignore it soon.

"I'm okay." Himchan said, as he smile behind his mask. He patted Youngjae and Daehyun's heads. "I'll be alright, I can fight. This is nothing..."

"Hyung..." Daehyun mumbled as he tried wrapping Himchan's wounds with the special bandage. In the middle of wrapping, Himchan stopped him.

"That won't do anything anymore." Himchan said. "I'll be okay, promise."

The two youngers nodded and obeyed him. They wrapped it around Jongup's wounds instead as his were much more severe than Himchan's. The bleeding of both nearly didn't stop. Everyone was dirted and slightly wounded, even Sungjong and Eun Mi have scratches already! Ji Hyun's wounds would easily heal but her face was filled with dirt and sweat.

"Ready!" Yongguk cried as everyone pulled out a much more powerful weapon. Ji Hyun and Zelo kept theirs and began shooting again. One by one, Matoki fell. Soon, their walls of light began to break and everyone had to find another location to continue the fight.

"Aish, we've wiped off a lot of them but they seem to never end!" Daehyun cried as the nine of them hide under a bridge. Yes, they got wet, but it's worth it if they can avoid getting the Matoki's attention. After Sungjong can't bear it anymore, the nine ran off to find a better hiding spot, plus, the water nearly broke Zelo's system more! The nine found themselves inside an alley again late on...

"I can't feel my legs..." Eun Mi mumbled as she stretched her legs for a while.

"I can hardly catch my breath!" Sungjong panted as he tried regaining his normal breathing pace.

Everyone nearly gave up, that was except Yongguk. Everyone can't breathe normally anymore... everyone was covered in blood and sweat, everyone was wounded and scratched.

"Hyung, can we really do this?" Daehyun asked in between his heavy breathing. 

"There's still time, hyung, you can change your decision..." Youngjae panted.

"We're not giving up, arraseo?" Yongguk panted as he beamed at the members. "I am not changing my decisions. A war is a war and it would be a great disappointment if great warriors like us back off!"

Everyone nodded and lowered their heads. Zelo, who was growing weak, began to talk despite Ji Hyun continuously stopping him. "Hyung is right..." Zelo nodded. "Hyung told Zelo and everyone that at times like this, they should think about who they are fighting for. At this rate, fighting for the humans and to protect Earth."

"You have the point." Ji Hyun nodded. "Our families, friends, and others who are praying that we will succeed, we can't let them down! They look forward into us succeeding. Should we let them down then?"

Sungjong smiled beneath his mask. The words his sister said was correct. "Ji Hyun's right." he smiled. "Our strength will never run out because of them. They are our strength."

Everyone agreed to what the trio said. They all nodded and prepared to battle again. Once they were out, they began again. Shooting here, explosions here and there. The nine arrived at the center of the city again, and this time, an enormous spaceship was there. 

"Wh-what is this?" Eun Mi cried as she saw the enormous ship.

"Their mother ship." Yongguk answered. "It controls all ships and Matokis here. I believe if we shoot from here, defeating them would be easy."

"Hyung, you aren't saying that we'll-" Jongup cried but was quickly cut by Yongguk.

"Nae, Jongup. We're doing that plan." he nodded.

"But, hyung! Min Yung doesn't know it yet!" Daehyun cried.

"What? What do I not know yet?" Ji Hyun cried in shock as her attention shifted to the B.A.P. "What are you guys blabbering about?"

"Listen well, arraseo, Min Yung?" Himchan said as he held Ji Hyun's shoulders. "The six of us are going to levitate in the sky and fire our energy beams. That is our very special weapon, our own energies. Add the fact that you wield our planet's energy, it'll be a big help."

"Energy beams are very powerful attacks." Zelo explained. "In Mato, it is considered as Matoki's life source, but can be transformed into a very powerful attack. Stronger than lasers... but it will drain one's energy greatly. For warriors, energy source is a great weapon."

"Wait! We're going to levitate?! You mean, fly!?"

"What else?" Youngjae smirked. 

"I-I can't-!"

"Of course you can!" Daehyun said. "You and Zelo were programmed with identical programs. Zelo once levitated, so you can too."

"H-how on earth can I?!"

"Just focus." Yongguk smiled as he placed his hand over her shoulder. "You can do it."

Ji Hyun nodded. Just as when the seven of them were going to float, Matokis came again. "Oh, geez, not again!" Eun Mi cried. Ji Hyun and B.A.P began to shoot them again. 

"Ji Hyun, you and the guys levitate, now!" Sungjong cried.

"But, oppa!"

"Just go! Me and Eun Mi will keep them at bay! Palli, get going!"

Ji Hyun obeyed and held hands with Yongguk and Zelo. The seven stood in a circle and began concentrating. Everything was going well, until a gun shot was heard Ji Hyun opened her eyes and looked back... a laser bullet was heading for her!

"JI HYUN!" a familiar voice called out.

BANG!

Ji Hyun slowly opened her eyes again. She saw herself unharmed... no blood at any parts. Then, she realized that someone had taken the hit for her. There was a puddle of blood in front of her, a familiar figure in front too. Her tears began to form, and she choked her words. The person that blocked her was no other than him.

"..."

"...."

"...No..."

"... No...!"

"....NO!"

"NO!!!"

"Sungjong-oppa!!!"