Keep it to myself

My Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Zelo takes slow, long strides to the Art room, a red plastic file in his arms, a leather bag on his back. He hugs the file closer to his body and puts his chin on it as he makes his way to the most isolated building in the whole campus. The Art room sits itself in the most deserted place of the most isolated building in school, which always seems to be buzzing with energy everywhere. But that is not the case for block E. It is always quiet around there because that’s where all the art students—and there aren’t many art students around— go to do their paintings and artsy stuff Zelo wouldn’t understand. The last time he walked past a classroom in the second floor, he found a boy sitting on a wooden stool, taking pictures of himself with a camera. The light flashed on and on and Zelo didn’t understand why the boy did this because all the pictures he was taking were completely the same.

 

Otherwise, block E would be absolutely deserted. Even art students would rather not be in this place. The lack of human activity around here makes it too quiet. But Zelo doesn’t mind. He likes the serenity anyway.

 

He makes his way up to the fourth floor by the stairs surrounded in a silence one isn’t familiar with would find eerie. Zelo is already used to silence.

 

Well, he didn’t care anyway because his mind is wandering to somewhere else.

 

Zelo smiles at himself as he thought of the boy who apologized to him just now. The white teeth that showed when he smiled his megawatt smile was the biggest memory Zelo had of this boy whose name he doesn’t even know. Zelo traces his memory and tries hard to remember exactly how those lips look like. The lines and curves and colour and everything—Zelo wishes to remember. All he can recall is the rosy red so inviting on those plump lips spread into a wide smile when he asked if he was alright. Zelo giggles softly and trips slightly over a step. He feels silly for thinking.

 

It’s silly to replay something so mundane for so many times.

 

But it isn’t mundane for it to happen with your love at first sight in it.

 

Zelo stops in his steps and stares at his sneakers.

 

“Love… at first sight?” He mumbles with his lips pressed against his file and lets his mind be occupied by images of the boy again. Zelo feels his face grow hot as he admits silently about being in love at first sight. His heart beats loudly in his chest. He continues in his step to the top storey until a sudden realization hit him like a fist.

 

He just fell in love with a guy.

 

And he is a guy himself.

 

So he is a—

 

Zelo’s eyes widen and his heart skips a beat. He can’t bring himself to think of the word so forbidden and he dashes to the Art Room, shaking his confused head as he barges into the silent classroom with a loud bang to announce his abrupt – and rather unwelcomed—arrival.

 

The other students in the room stare at him for a while and gave strange looks before continuing with their work. Zelo blushes, embarrassed at being a disturbance, took a seat beside one of the windows at the corner of the room, gathering all the solitude to himself. He looks out of the window. The sun has gone a little more west and the sky dimmed a little. The brightness is comforting like a warm blanket on a cool night.

 

He watches as the clouds drift across the azure sky, mind rid of thoughts until feelings about the fateful encounter made his heart do a little jump. A smile graces his lips when he thought of how kind the boy was to him. He hardly gets such treatment – especially now that he lives at the bottom of the so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter