I miss you,

My Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongguk leans against one of the cold hard seats in the train. The orange sunlight too bright for comfort runs on the floors like a broken old film, making his eyes extremely uncomfortable. His eyes feel heavy around its rims and he feels all energy drained from his body.

 

His phone gives a weak tremble, surviving on the last 9 percent of its battery power. Zelo’s name blinks on the screen of his phone. He manages a weak smile as he raises the phone to his ear.

 

“What’s up, Zelo.”

 

“Hello Hyung.”

 

“Why’d you call?”

 

“Nothing… Just, want to talk to you.”

 

Yongguk smiles at his shoes.

 

“I haven’t seen you for a while, Hyung. Where’d you been?”

 

“Oh,” Yongguk says. “Just busy with some stuff.”

 

“Come over some time, Hyung.” There’s a pause on the other end. “You haven’t came to my house to play for so long…”

 

“Haha, alright Zelo. I’ll visit you when I have the time.”

 

“And…”

 

“Tigger’s still alive right?”

 

The chuckle in the phone chimes like a bell in Yongguk’s ears. “Yea, he’s still alive.”

 

They say nothing for a while, just silently listening to each other’s breathing like a calming lullaby.

 

“Hyung,” Zelo’s voice came out soft almost like a whisper. “I haven’t seen you in school for so long.”

 

Yongguk purses his lips as the orange caramels of the sunset dances on his face.

 

“Have you been… getting into trouble lately?” The worry in his tone makes Yongguk’s lips pull into a smile, a genuine one despite how tired he feels at the moment.

 

“Not really…” Yongguk in a breath through his teeth.

 

“Hyung…”

 

There was another pause before Yongguk speaks. “Zelo-ah.”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Hyung… Hyung’s going to be busy… So I won’t be able to play with you for a while…” Yongguk swallows as quietly as he could.

 

Silence.

 

“Zelo?”

 

“O-okay Hyung.”

 

“Sorry Zelo-ah.”

 

“It’s alright Hyung.” The sweet voice never fails to elicit a smile from him everytime he hears it.

 

“See you… soon. Bye, Hyung.”

 

“Bye bye.”

 

>>>>>>>>> 

 

Zelo’s POV

 

“Hyung… Hyung’s going to be busy… So I won’t be able to play with you for a while…”

 

“Zelo?”

 

“O-okay Hyung.” I hate the stutter in my tongue.

 

“Sorry Zelo-ah.”

 

“It’s alright Hyung.” I try to sound as nonchalant and cheerful as I can while my heart sinks. “See you…” I wonder when is the next time I can actually meet him. “Soon. Bye, Hyung.”

 

“Bye bye.”

 

I hang up the call, feeling like I never should’ve called. I bury my face into my pillow.

 

Is this another goodbye? Hyung is finally getting sick of me? He’s stopped coming over for so long. And I hardly see him in school now. It’s like he disappeared, migrated overseas or some sorts! But I’d actually feel better if he really went overseas. Now he’s just avoiding me… Is he?

 

I blame myself for being such a boring idiot. Anyone would get sick of me. I feel so stupid right now.

 

I wanted to show Yongguk Hyung my new test scores. I’ve improved a lot over the time when Hyung’s absent from… my everything. But who’s gonna care about my results? I look at my test marks. They look really good compared to my previous ones but they worth nothing now that they can gain me no attention from Hyung.

 

Urgh, what’s wrong with me?

 

I’m such a possessive, stupid, idiot!

 

Yongguk Hyung’s not yours!

 

But I… I really miss him. I miss him. Tigger, I miss him.

 

>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Yongguk’s POV

 

Sorry Zelo-ah. Sorry Hyung can’t keep you company now. I whisper to my phone when the other end has hung up long ago.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Days passed like the speed of light and I went on with my life, dealing with the lemons life gave me. You know what they say, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade. It sounded really silly to me but now I think it kind of makes sense.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter