Deeper Connection

My Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Let’s wrap up for the day then.” Top checks the photos casually as he passes a glance in between two satisfactory pictures at his young model. “What’s the reason behind your good mood today?” The photographer in his twenties gave a vague smile to the blushing boy. Zelo scratches his head, abashed by the question.

 

“It’s nothing.” He scratches his head again, playing with the soft strands at the top, twirling it around his fingers in a mindless action as he blushes over the thought of somebody.

 

Yongguk promised to fetch him today. They parted outside the station and bade each other reluctant goodbyes. Zelo squeezed Yongguk in a tight hug when the older boy confessed his continuous purchase of somewhat useless magazines during their period of separation in order to see him, even if it’s in a 2-dimensional plane of paper.

 

Just the thought of this makes Zelo’s heart feel fuzzy. He smiles silly to himself as he walks into the changing room with small hops in his steps. Top shakes his head and smiles at the photographs. He doubt Zelo would’ve been able to shoot for this theme if not for whatever happened. The boy’s smiles are full-blown and as bright as the camera flash today. Top knew the boy was scouted for his aura of melancholy from the first time he met him. The boy brought out a sad mood of grayish lethargy but looking through the photos, the photographer thinks that perhaps there are more themes waiting to be explored.

 

Zelo pulls his shirt over his head roughly, just wanting to make his way out as quickly as possible. His upbeat mood is obvious to the people around him. All of them smile at Zelo’s humming of tune, oblivious to his surroundings as he packs up for the day.

 

“Why so happy today, Zelo?” Jongin, appears beside him, makeup still thick on his face. A grin crooks on his face as he notices the undeniable smile of utter happiness on Zelo’s face. “Nothing, Hyung.” Zelo tosses a grin at Jongin, further inciting the curiosity within the other model.

 

“Aye, tell me.” Jongin pokes Zelo in the ribs.

 

“Nothing!” Zelo won’t tell.

 

“… I know that look. “ Jongin wags a finger at the younger boy. “Are you in love or something?”

 

The spot-on guess leaves Zelo speechless and he just stands with his bag over his shoulder, unable to think of a witty answer.

 

“Oh… I got it right.” Zelo blushes at the fact that Jongin wasn’t even contemplating the chances but just straight-out confirming his absolutely spot-on presumption.

 

“Who is it, Zelo-ah?”

 

Zelo sticks out a tongue at Jongin and runs off.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

“Yongguk Hyung!” Called boy raises his line of sight from his phone to search for the familiar voice, that chime of a bell to his ears.

 

“Yongguk Hyung, Yongguk Hyung.” Zelo dashes over to his side, panting slightly at the exertion and hopping on the spot like an excited puppy, and Yongguk beams at the sight. That feeling when you finally see the person you’ve been waiting for so long, the person you miss so much even if it was just a few hours. To Yongguk, the seconds of separation are already too long for him to handle.

 

“Hi.” Yongguk chuckles as he places his hands on Zelo’s shoulder, pressing the younger boy down. “Would you stop bouncing for a moment?”

 

“No, I can’t, Hyung. I’m too excited.” Zelo starts giggling, the contagious laughter getting to the other teenager.

 

“Calm down, Zelo!” Yongguk laughs as the younger boy starts jumping with more fervor, like a bottle of soda that was sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter