Pestering

My Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung, are you going to stay over tonight?” Zelo smiles at Yongguk, the shyness from before dissipated. The older boy returns the grin and runs a hand through his best friend’s sweaty hair, feeling the wetness of it along with the warmth of the smooth, fair nape.

 

“If you want me to.”

 

Zelo beams as the two of them smile at the obvious answer. Admiring the cloudless sky above them, the two let their thoughts wander as they listen to the distant calls of football-kicking boys on the field while feeling the breeze on their faces.

 

The smile on Zelo’s lips just cannot fade away. When he first stepped into the hospital with Yongguk’s encouraging hand on his, he wondered what could be it that Yongguk wanted to show him. He realize things himself when he saw the man on the hospital bed, Yongguk’s father. It’s a strange way to tell a story, but it’s Yongguk’s way, like always, quietly, wordlessly, by painting a picture. He remembers how Yongguk smiled at him when they looked each other in the eye. He couldn’t do the same. The shock of revelation overcame him but he kept his surprise subtle. The time when Yongguk disappeared from the pages of his life, the time when he started to change himself, bending his form to become something else he didn’t recognize, the time when the hatred and anguish and misery begin to take over his heart, Yongguk was going through so much more than him, all during the time when he was being a petty and needy dependent brat spending each second and fiber brewing hateful feelings. Zelo forgave himself for what he has done and felt a bubble of warmth inside him when he did because that’s when he realized, Yongguk had brought him into his life— he took him by the hand and led him into his own storybook. He showed him all he has, the secret he had been hiding. Zelo thinks that there’s no other thing more precious and intimate than Yongguk bringing him to his family, baring every nook and corner of his life to him.

 

Yongguk notices Zelo’s smile and glances back at the sky with a grin. All the while when he’d been hiding himself from Zelo, plucking himself out of the younger boy’s life, Zelo had been yearning for him to return. How silly, now that he thinks about it. Why is it that two people in love always have to hurt each other in the silliest and dumbest way? He felt like a fool when Zelo’s tears slid down in his brash grip. Why did he have to hurt the one he cares so much for?

 

The two of them are lost in their thoughts as they sit under the same tree where they first met. They’ve made one big round, redundant and silly, only to come back to the same spot.

 

And they’re glad they are back right where they started.

 

No idea is it out of coincidence or telepathy, the two boys turn to each other at the same instant and two smiles started a laugh.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Yongguk pets Zelo’s dark blue hair, feeling the soft smoothness of the locks as he smiles to himself. He loves treading his fingers through those soft strands. Those locks are mellow unlike those Zelo before they made up; Yongguk didn’t those gelled up hair of Zelo’s. Even though it is dyed a dark blue for the purpose of Zelo’s job, Yongguk doesn’t mind it at all, as long Zelo still looks Zelo. Resting one side of his face on his fist, Yongguk combs

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter