I Want to Know More of You

My Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The hairdryer hums noisily in the quiet apartment. The windows shut out the sound of rain. Zelo moves the blowing hairdryer around the wet books, the pages already starting to flip themselves in the hot air as they get dry. A towel hangs around his neck and he wears a cream white long-sleeved shirt and black pajama pants, covering most of his skin from the chilly air. He put on a pair of cloth slippers to warm his feet from the cold tile floor. Zelo runs a hand in his uncombed hair, messy and ruffled. Zelo sighs as the books never seem to get dry. He’s been standing in front of the foldable table, which is sometimes his second study table, for long enough to make his legs tired. Well, he did run a lot in the rain today as well… and he waited so long for Yongguk…

 

Zelo turns his head as he hears the bathroom door opens, smiling as Yongguk emerges from the bathroom, sporting his clothes again. Yongguk wearing his red-sleeved white T-shirt and navy blue jeans, emanates a cozy homey feeling that makes a warm fuzzy feeling inside Zelo. He thinks Yongguk looks really adorable in his clothes, so completely different from his cool image when he wears his high ankled sneakers and studded belt. Rubbing the towel on the back of his head casually, Yongguk strolls into the living room, peering at whatever Zelo is doing.

 

He stands beside a subtly smiling Zelo who is moving a hairdryer around wet books and he spots his chemistry notes.

 

Yongguk chuckles as he places a hand on his hip, the other still drying his hair with the towel. “Thanks.”

 

Zelo just tosses a small smile at him as he continues drying the books.

 

“What to do… All our stuff is wet.” Yongguk his teeth as he glances at the drenched bags and shoes hanging at one corner and most depressingly, their calculators laid out on the floor, resting in layers of tissue. He takes a deep breath and sighs. “Well, at least this is dry.” He taps on his mobile phone on the table and grins at Zelo.

 

Zelo smiles back at him sheepishly and mumbles under his breath, “Sorry Hyung, it’s my fault that we were soaked.”

 

Yongguk ruffles Zelo’s dry hair, feeling the soft locks in his hand. “Even if you weren’t there, I would still be going there to find you.” The both of them exchange smiles.

 

“Let me take over this.” Yongguk takes the hairdryer from Zelo’s hand and repeats Zelo’s actions. Zelo flips a page to find it already dry. He smiles contentedly as the water starts to evaporate from the books. Zelo picks up his phone and switches it on, relieved that it is actually still working.

 

“Zelo-ah.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Have you deleted that photo?”

 

Zelo gasps. “Oh, I haven’t.” He completely forgot about after turning off his phone and dashing to the school field in all his flustered mind. Zelo quickly opens his Facebook and while avoiding the nasty comments, presses ‘delete posts.’

 

‘Post deleted.’

 

“I deleted it.”

 

“What about the one in your phone?”

 

“O-oh.”

 

Zelo goes to his photo album and his brows furrow upon seeing several pictures he didn’t take. There were a few shots made by Sunhee while she was messing with her phone but they were all of him and Yongguk.

 

“Let me see.” Yongguk grabs the phone from Zelo’s hands and scrolls through it while a playful grin widens on his face.

 

“I think you should keep this photo…” Yongguk grins. “Or maybe I should keep it…”

 

“Hyung!” Zelo blushes a tomato red as his Hyung teases while excitedly putting down the hairdryer to grab his own mobile phone to send the picture. Even though the both of them know that what the picture depicts is totally untrue, especially Zelo, he can’t help but feel embarrassed about it. Why does his Hyung want to keep that misleading picture?

 

“Hahaha, now I’ve got your weakness in my possession!” Yongguk laughs evilly as Zelo weakly tries to snatch his mobile phone from his hand in order to delete the picture he just sent.

 

“Noo Hyung! Why would you want that photo!!” Zelo whines as he pulls on Yongguk’s sleeves.

 

“So that I can use this blackmail you.” Was Yongguk’s simple reply as he smirks mischievously at Zelo. Zelo huffs and picks up the hairdryer again, drying the books with a pout. “Whatever.”

 

Yongguk laughs. “Zelo-ah, are you angry?”

 

Zelo gives him the cold shoulder.

 

“Aigo, Zelo is angry, so cute!!” Yongguk pinches Zelo’s cheek purposefully hard, eliciting a cry from Zelo as his cheeks get pulled on.

 

“Aish, Hyung!” Zelo yells as he covers his abused cheeks, glaring daggers at Yongguk who is still laughing away and feeling more and more amused.

 

The rain never seems to cease as it poured endlessly, the vigor of the beginning of the downpouring never waning and Zelo starts to wonder how there is so much water for it to fall that the rain dragged till night and haven’t stopped. But the rumbling thunder and pounding rain comes as a blessing to Zelo because tonight, because of the rain, Yongguk decides to have a sleepover again. Zelo’s heart never recovers from its excited state as he thinks about how he and his bed wouldn’t be lonely and cold tonight with Yongguk’s presence and the fact that tomorrow won’t be a hasty rush for Yongguk leave as it is the weekend. Smiling to himself, Zelo could not hide the contentment he is feeling with Yongguk seated beside him, flipping the channels once and then during commercial breaks as they sit at the couch lazily, watching TV.

 

Yongguk, despite how he remains cool and casually raised up the suggestion to impose on Zelo for the night again, is pretty thrilled to be able to stay over again. The previous stay over came as an unexpected event that left him good memories, plus, he misses the way Zelo hums quietly in his sleep. His lips pull at the corners when he recalls Zelo’s sleeping habits, mumbling to himself and humming into his pillow. He thanks the rain for being a never-ending shower tonight. It has been a long day today, the trick Sunhee pulled that made Zelo almost hysterical—the way he cried under the tree in that crazy weather—and how they ran from school to the station and from station to Zelo’s home is more than enough to wear them out. But the one who is the most worn out should be Zelo. Yongguk glances at Zelo from the corner of his eye as the boy laughs softly at the comedy showing. That poor kid with a heart made of glass. He is easy to read and easy to break. His emotions were pouring like the rain, how he cried at Yongguk almost tore Yongguk’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter