Whatever, whenever

My Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some A/N before the chapter: I reread this story today and had this feeling like 'I actually wrote this?'. All my other stories are pretty much purely romance and this one, I'll say it's really full of all my thoughts on many things, like kinship especially. I had an urge to write this story again... it's really an enjoyable story to write. As I read what I wrote (quite a long time ago), I realised that this was a channel for me to explore my thoughts on lots of stuff like homouality vs society and kinship, as well as the relationship between people... I was a little surprised when I reread what I wrote when I was younger (not much younger though) I actually think deeper when I'm younger... ._. am i turning shallow. Alright enough of the crap.

 

 

 

Yongguk hyung takes me driving everywhere after my visit to my mom's place. I roll down the window and let the wind run brazenly on my face, even if my eyes are stinging a little and my hair is getting knots in it. Yongguk hyung only drove faster when he sees me enjoying myself and he laughs when I ask him why didn't he buy a convertible in the first place. It'd suit Yongguk hyung when he's in his cool mood. But maybe not so much when he's in cool stone mood.

But I guess, with me around, Yongguk wouldn't have much time spending his time being a grumpy looking stone!

I smile in the wind, feeling it dry my grin, my head leaning out the window when the fast beating of my heart gets adventurous enough. I felt like a silly dog that likes sticking its head out in its owner's car. I stuck my arm out just to feel the wind treading between my fingers. Even though I made sure I wouldn't lose a limb, I feet reckless, after so long. And Yongguk hyung doesn't stop me.

The wind I couldn't grab in between my fingers feel like ribbons slipping out of my grip. My eyes start to get used to the wind and they stop stinging so much anymore. I stick my hand out the furthest I can. I stare, as if I coud see the invisible wind gliding against my palms, dancing on my hand like an intimate move. The scenery runs behind the shadow of my palm and the sun is about to set in the far corner of my periphery. 

The wind, so unseeable yet so strongly felt and embraced. It slips pass you with a touch, as gentle as a kiss even if it could be as strong as a storm.

I wonder if all the things I let slip pass is like the wind.

Never noticed, never seen, until the heart feels that it's really gone.

I close my eyes and raise my hand, the wind stronger against my palms, callous against the tip of my fingers.

So rough, they come and go. My kinship with mom, my friendship with my so-called friends, my love for Yongguk hyung. Gentle as they come, nice and embracing. And then they became a storm in life, leaving me in shatters after the footsteps of their destruction. And after a while, they stopped stinging my eyes. I felt love and went through hatred but here I am, still opening my palms, enjoying the carress of the wind between my fingers.

Mom, do you know that you brought me to this world, but gave me pain as well? It hurts me that it hurts you too.

If only people were like air, invisible, coming and going with only a touch but never quite memorised or missed.

All the times we lost together, putting our minds on superficial things and missing on the genuine core of our lives, they slip by like the wind. All the love we thought we've abandoned, they hurt more like a storm. But I believe that the world is round and wherever things go, they come around again. It'll travel down the other parts of the sphere where I can't see and then come back around when I don't notice. Just like how you still love me, Mom. You too, Yongguk hyung.

I turn my palm towards the setting sun and close my fist, holding it tightly, clenching so tightly it makes an ugly shadow behind the glow of the sunset. I smile at it and see many things at once. I'm going to grab everything from now on. Not going to let them slip pass me anymore. I'm going to sieve out all the things that aren't important and never let them come into me. I'll let them touch and go, never remember them. I'll hold on to all the things important because who knows if I still have time to wait for them to come around once more. I kiss my fist and made a promise to myself. And as I do, I realise that I've also made a promise to all the people in my life. There are not many of them, but they are plentiful.

I turn back to Yongguk. And he smiles, eyes still on the road. That captivates me and I kiss him on the cheek, his so warm against my windblown one. He turns around for a s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter