Once Bitten

My Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He knew something was off. Something was very wrong.

 

The moment he stepped in, the chatters stopped abruptly before bursting into loud gossips and whispers accompanied by what seemed like mocking laughter.

 

“Hey, gay boy.” That snobby one stuck a foot in his way and teased cockily. He glared right back at him. He wouldn’t have done so in the past. “Gonna get your oppa now?” The class erupts into roars of mirth; the repulsive sound would have made him gag if not for the anger shaking within him.

 

“Get away from me.” He tossed cold words but is withheld by an offending arm, the voice of plain mockery saying, “Why, don’t you love men?” The remark cut through him like a sudden shock of pain from a broken penknife, abruptly and painfully. His eyes widen and he immediately regretted reacting to the snide comment.

 

“Oh, look at his face! It’s true!”

 

He glanced around nervously, the uncertainty strangling him as his lungs struggle for air. What is going on?

 

“For your information, smart .” A phone was tossed on the table, making a loud sound that made his shoulders jump. He felt his hold slipping. He was slipping back into the timid self that let him get pushed around. He took in a deep breath of air and stepped forward, putting up a stoic front as he picked up the phone with anxiety.

 

He almost let out a cry of horror when the picture bit through him like a gnawing piranha.

 

“Gay .”

 

The class celebrated his humiliation with loud cries of cheer and glee as they clapped their hands for their twisted humour, getting more hyped as Zelo’s face showed obvious shame and agitation.

 

“Quiet down!” The voice of authority sounded through the classroom and the laughter ceased, the phone pocketed, as they turned silent with a shared code of hush. Like an army of disturbed ants, they scramble back to their seats, the order restored once again but the discipline long lost.

 

“Zelo, sit down.” The teacher

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter