Silly

My Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What wrong's with you?” Yongguk’s voice bellows across the room as he slams his fist on the table with so much force, the pens the table jump to midair before falling with noisy clatters. The room ceases all sound and movement, leaving the two at the side of the classroom looking into each other’s eyes, a piercing atmosphere forcing the other occupants to scurry out of the classroom, fearful of the sudden tension on the edge of breaking to a flurry of chaos.

 

“You think this is ing funny?” Hissing through his clenched teeth forcefully, Yongguk lowers his torso to look into the other pair of eyes level to level which is void of any hints of fear, calmness written over the glaze in her eyes. Yongguk’s words came out hard and cold despite him speaking quietly and slow, pronouncing each word as if to make sure the wrongdoer in front of him hears each syllable clearly.

 

And she has the audacity to look me in the eye.

 

Sunhee’s nonchalance feeds the fire raging in Yongguk’s chest, about to explode into a blazing inferno. He watches like a panther, eyeing the coolness in her pupils as if she did nothing worth to be ashamed of. She puts her leg over the other and leans back against her chair, arms remaining crossed around her chest, as if waiting for an explanation from the fuming man in front of her. Yongguk’s nails scrape against the table as his hands try to clench into a fist. Now, who is the one who did wrong? Oh right, she is. But she sits, without a word, awaiting his next move like a sly fox feigning ignorance.

 

A string of his control snaps and Yongguk pushes the table to the side, sending it flying against the wall, the books, papers and pens scattered over the floor in a mess. Yongguk takes a step forward, actions as quick and harsh as a provoked beast, and grabs Sunhee by her hair. His hand clutching hard on her ponytail, almost pulling the velvet strands from their roots if she didn’t wince and move her head back with his hand. Pain spreads through her scalp and the trepidation starts dripping like a loose faucet, ready to let out everything in gush. However, she glares back willfully at Yongguk’s cold piercing eyes, fighting the urge to pull away. Yongguk pulls her head back further, forcing her to look up at him as he grinds out each word in between his teeth.

 

“I’ve had enough of your .”

 

She can feel Yongguk’s breath condensing on her but nothing other than chills ran down her sides as her irises stay transfixed to the pair of black orbs in front of her, reflecting herself clearly in the pools that seem to be able to her into them.

 

“Always acting like a .” Yongguk’s cold voice rumbled in an undertone.

 

“Watch what you’re doing.” He lets go Sunhee’s hair roughly and sends his last warning. “You’ve crossed the line.”

 

The door slams against the wall as Yongguk leaves the room, the cold gaze in his eyes never waning one bit.

 

The group standing outside the classroom, awaiting the outcome of the confrontation, takes a step back as they see Yongguk’s exit. After Yongguk disappeared down the stairs, the group of friends, intimidated by Yongguk’s sudden outburst, takes slow careful steps into the room as one of them pulls the door open.

 

They see a trembling Sunhee, forcing back her tears futilely as her head jerks slightly. Her arms still crossed around her chest like the Queen she always was, she shakes strands of her hair out of her face, chin held up high like she never did wrong and never did cry.

 

>>>>>>>>>>>> 

 

Yongguk gazes up at the sky as a drop of rain splatters itself on his arm, turning into nothingness as it slides down his wrist. Like ending its own life, the little water droplet plunged from above and broke into a tiny splash, finishing its own melodrama as it slides down like a tear and disappears.

 

Like a tear.

 

Yongguk wonders if that fragile pair of eyes are shedding tears right now.

 

The droplet of rain was the only warning he got as the skies starts pouring almost suddenly, battering down on him with force in each drop of rain. He walks briskly, with no intention of escaping from the pouring rain. He never forgot about his promise, he was o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter