His Group of Friends

My Days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Zelo wakes up before the alarm sounds and lies in bed, fidgeting now and then but careful not to move too much.

 

He doesn’t want to wake the person beside him.

 

Zelo shifts slowly, turning his head to face a sleeping face beside him, so close he can feel the caresses of his hot breath touching his cheeks. A pity, that Zelo can’t see his face clearly in the dark, if only the sun rises earlier. But he still can catch the rising and sinking of his chest, moving to a slow and sleepy rhythm that would make Zelo close his eyes and join him in his slumber if only the heat from his body isn’t making Zelo stay awake. The warm emanating from the arm next to his- almost touching but not, the distance between them small enough for Zelo to think that they are connected arm to arm- makes Zelo’s chest warm as well. It’s strange, how the heat would travel from his arm to his chest as if his palms were placed on his heart.

 

Zelo turns lightly, pulling the covers over himself. His knee stops bending when it touches a warm body. Zelo snuggles underneath his blanket in a fetal position, embracing the warmth under the covers as he pulls the blanket to his cheeks.

 

Waiting for dawn to break is becoming a habit for Zelo. He can’t sleep any longer. It seems he would involuntarily wake up to stare at the window, just waiting for the sun to peek through his curtains. Sometimes waiting is lonely because the darkness seems to last for so long and the sun is never coming up. His bed always felt cold, making him bring his knees to his chest just to gather some warmth.

 

But right now, Zelo hopes the sun would take longer. He knows the sunrise will be inevitable, but he hopes not so soon because right now, his bed is warm. Everything is warm.

 

Yongguk stirs in his sleep, making a low moan as he turns. Zelo shifts closer to Yongguk, his lips near his shoulder. He loves the smell on him, the smell of Yongguk’s skin with the familiar fragrance of the detergent on his shirt. Zelo hesitates to put his lips on Yongguk’s shoulder. He peeks at Yongguk’s sleeping face and softly rests his lips against his shoulder, feeling the warmth touch his lips. Zelo closes his eyes to savour this moment, a feeling bubbling in his chest. For such a long time, he had never felt so warm and secured, until Yongguk appeared.

 

The alarm rings and Zelo’s eyes flutter open, disappointed that his personal cozy moment lasted only for that long. He swings his legs to the edge of his bed and slaps the alarm shut. The glowing screen reads 5.30AM. Wide awake, Zelo stares in the darkness with energetic eyes. Behind him, a dissatisfied groan rumbles in the familiar baritone voice, eliciting a giggle from Zelo. Yongguk kicks the blanket on his leg and groans, irritated to be disturbed from his sleep by the annoying ringing of the alarm. Zelo watches as Yongguk flails his arms in bed, refusing to get up like a spoilt child.

 

An amused Zelo shakes Yongguk’s arm gently, trying to coax this big baby to get up from his lazy slumber. His earns another groan as the stubborn child rolls himself to his stomach, trying to escape from Zelo’s prodding.

 

“Hyung… Wake up.” Zelo almost cooed as he shakes Yongguk again.

 

Upon hearing Zelo’s gentle voice, Yongguk’s eyes finally open as he realizes that he isn’t in his own bed but Zelo’s. He quickly pushes himself up on kneeling position, head hanging low because of the heavy sleep still wrapped around him. Zelo resists the urge to laugh as Yongguk’s position look like he was kneeling to beg for forgiveness. But as Yongguk lets out a small whine at the back of throat, Zelo can no longer hold back his laughter and he starts laughing, at first softly then louder as he find no point in holding back anymore since Yongguk is already staring at him, puzzled but sleepily nevertheless.

 

“What?” Yongguk, having a little after-nap tantrum, scowls at Zelo laughing at him.

 

“N-nothing.” Zelo answers between muffled laughs as he tries to force back his giggling with his hands placed over his mouth.

 

Creasing his brows at what he reads to be Zelo’s mockery of his just awaken form, Yongguk pushes Zelo on the shoulder, asking him to stop laughing at him.

 

But that only made Zelo laugh longer.

 

Defeated, Yongguk can’t help but join in Zelo’s laughter. He has no idea why but he feels happiness bubbling inside him, wanting to be let out.

 

>>>>>>> 

 

After wasting much of their time trying to get out of bed without starting another laughing feat, the two boys find themselves sharing the bathroom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter