It's You

My Fake Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dusk was approaching when Donghae had decided to leave and come home. Donghae’s eyes were still red from his crying and weeping. He decided to walk home. His car was at home and he really didn’t know how to travel by a public bus. His hands were in his pockets and he was staring down as he walked.

 

He didn’t like to look ahead. All he could see were couples displaying their PDAs. On his right, there were couples holding hands. On his left, a man’s arm was placed on the shoulder of the woman. He could hear the giggles of the couples at his back.

 

He really envied them.

 

He had decided that when he arrived home, he would talk to Yoona. He would put a stop to this “foolishness” and let her be free to be with Kibum. The thought of Yoona and Kibum’s happy future together breaks Donghae’s heart. But he thought, if Kibum really was the one Yoona liked or loved, he would happily watch his heart break over and over again.

 

He stopped walking when he suddenly saw Kibum walking to his direction. Kibum suddenly entered a restaurant.

 

Donghae curiously went to check whom Kibum was dining with. He felt his heart broke once more when he saw Yoona sitting opposite Kibum.

 

 

Yoona was sitting nervously. She didn’t exactly plan on how she was going to tell it to Kibum. She didn’t know the correct words she was supposed to say.

 

“Have you eaten?” Kibum has asked.

 

Yoona shook her head. “No, but I have something important to tell you.”

 

Yoona noticed Kibum’s face became grim. She didn’t know if it was real or it was just her hallucination.

 

“Let’s eat first,” he said. “What you’re going to tell me can wait.”

 

“Kibum oppa, I think I have to tell it to you first,” she insisted. “I don’t think I would be able to digest any food that will enter my system if I don’t tell it to you first.”

 

“Let’s eat, Yoona,” Kibum said firmly.

 

“But…”

 

“Yoona… EAT…” Kibum pronounced sternly. He had now a different aura. When Yoona looked into Kibum’s eyes, she didn’t know why she felt goose bumps.

 

Yoona got the menu nervously and picked the first food her eyes have landed on. Usually, she would contemplate which food she wanted to eat, being a shikshin, but she couldn’t at the moment.

 

They waited for a while. None of them spoke a word. Yoona’s head was bowed down and she looked everywhere else except for Kibum. She couldn’t manage to look at the man in front her. Kibum, on the other hand, was staring intently at Yoona. His eyes never left Yoona’s face.

 

When the food had arrived, Yoona grabbed the spoon and chopsticks. She wanted to finish eating as soon as possible so she could finally say what she wanted. In contrary, Kibum was eating slowly. He was munching as if he had the whole day for just one dish.

 

“Oppa, what I wanted to say is—“

 

“Can this wait, Im Yoona?”  Kibum asked. “We have come here, to this place, to eat. Isn’t it disrespectful to bother someone who is busy eating?”

 

‘Disrespectful? Bother?!’ she screamed inside her head. “Oppa, didn’t we meet because I had something to say to you? I just really need to tell it to you now.”

 

He slammed his spoon on the table a little too loud that the other people inside the restaurant looked to their table. Yoona had to bow to them quite a numerous times to apologize. Luckily, the table was made of wood, not glass, or it would have shattered.

 

He glared at her. “Later, Yoona. Later…”

 

Yoona gazed at Kibum. “Oppa, is something wrong to you? Why are you acting this way? Why have you suddenly become so... bossy… so cold?”

 

He didn’t answer and continued eating.

 

As soon as Kibum finished eating, he pulled out a few bills from his pocket and left it on table. He gripped Yoona’s wrist and pulled her. He walked out of the restaurant and dragged her to somewhere as fast as he could despite Yoona’s continuous complains and groans from his tight grip.

 

“Oppa, let me go…” Yoona groaned. “There is no need for this!”

 

Kibum kept on pulling her.

 

“I can walk and follow you just fine. Please let go of my hand,” Yoona pleaded.

 

Kibum continued pulling her without saying anything.

 

“It hurts, oppa. Please… let go of my hand,” she asked. “OPPA!” she shrieked.

 

 

Donghae thought he must be a masochist. He didn’t know why he from a spot across the restaurant where Yoona and Kibum were. He also didn’t know why hewanted to keep watching Yoona and Kibum have a romantic dinner even though he knew how much he was hurting.

 

He was feeling a variety of emotions inside while he watched the two. He was obviously hurt. He was also angry. How could Yoona have a date with him after our fight? How could she get over him so quickly?, he thought. He also felt stupid. How could he accuse her of getting over him so quickly when they weren’t even officially together? They were just a fake married couple who were bounded by an agreement and a contract.

 

 Still, he kept on watching.

 

Donghae noticed Yoona’s silence. She wasn’t responding to whatever Kibum was talking. Something was wrong with her. Yoona was the type of person who wouldn’t be quiet for more than a minute. He knew Yoona couldn’t stop babbling especially when she’s in front of food.

 

But Donghae stupidly dismissed the thought. He thought Yoona must have been nervous to be around her ‘love’.

 

When Yoona and Kibum’s food arrived, Donghae eagerly waited for Yoona to take her bite. He liked watching her eat. He didn’t just want to admit it out loud. But he didn’t see the excited face on Yoona—the one he liked seeing on her—while she was eating. He wondered why.

 

“Yoong-ah, why aren’t you enjoying your food?” Donghae asked her even though he knew she couldn’t hear him.

 

“Eat happily, Yoona-yah...  You have to enjoy your food,” he added.

 

Yoona had finished eating and Kibum wasn’t done yet. Yoona began talking but Donghae couldn’t understand what she was saying to Kibum. It must be urgent because Yoona’s face looked serious. Kibum’s face, on the other hand, was stern and strict. Something Donghae has never seen on his sweet friend’s face.

 

‘Why was Kibum’s expression like that? Did he eat something too spicy?’ Donghae wondered.

 

As soon as Kibum finished eating, he immediately pulled her and dragged her out. Donghae wanted to follow but he hesitated.

 

“Why should I follow them? They could be going somewhere romantic.” Donghae gritted his teeth as he said that.

 

He didn’t want to follow, afraid that Yoona and Kibum would finally confess their love for one another.

 

“I should not allow myself to be tormented,” he said.

 

But his feet wanted to follow Yoona. His mind and body weren’t coordinating very well at that moment. Donghae wanted to hit his feet for wanting to follow the girl who has caused him pain, but he would look weird and absurd if he suddenly started hitting his feet in he middle of the way.

 

Donghae sighed.

 

“Fine. Just… one last look,” he decided. “Remember, Lee Donghae, one last look at Yoona and you’ll leave. You’ll go back home. You don’t deserve to be hurt and tortured like this.”

 

He walked ahead and followed them. He was getting closer to Kibum and Yoona when two young boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter