Guilt

My Fake Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yoona got up lazily from bed. She looked over her right and found an empty space beside her. Donghae probably went already out of their room earlier and went to work, just like the usual. Yoona combed her hair with her fingers and tied it in a messy bun. She went to the bathroom lazily. She washed her face and brushed her teeth. After that, she went downstairs to prepare breakfast for herself. When she reached down, she was surprised to see Donghae sitting on a chair, his legs crossed while reading a newspaper and drinking a hot coffee.

 

“You’re here?” She asked.

 

Donghae looked up to her and smiled sheepishly. “This is my house. Of course I’ll be here. Why are you asking that kind of question?”

 

Yoona scratched her nape and shrugged her shoulders. “It’s just that I’m not used to seeing you here in the morning. You’re always already in the office every time I wake up.”

 

She pulled a chair beside Donghae and sat beside him. Donghae folded the newspaper and put it down. He sipped his coffee.

 

“Well, I decided to take a day-off today.” Donghae explained.

 

Yoona nodded. “Okay…” She got up and headed to the kitchen. She halted and turned to Donghae. “Did you eat breakfast already?”

 

He shook his head in response. “I’ll cook both of us breakfast. What would you like to have?” Yoona asked.

 

“Eggs and bacon please.” Donghae requested.

 

Yoona smiled and proceeded to the kitchen. Minutes after, Yoona was already done cooking. She served the food on the table. She sat at one chair and started eating.

 

“You really do cook well.” Donghae commented.

 

“Well? I don’t cook well. I COOK AMAZING!” Yoona emphasized.

 

“Tch. These are just plain sunny-side up and bacons. How can these be amazing?” Donghae said.

 

Yoona sighed. “It’s okay even if you don’t admit it. I can live with one person silently appreciating my work.” She said.

 

“Besides you still haven’t tasted my specialties.” Yoona added.

 

“You’re conceited.” Donghae told her.

 

“I’m not.” Yoona argued. “The whole population of South Korea can testify to that.”

 

Donghae just stuck his tongue at Yoona and continued eating. “I don’t need the whole nation to testify. She cooks amazing.” Donghae thought as he subtly grinned.

 

“How did you know I like sunny-side up?” Donghae asked. “Most people think I prefer scrambled eggs rather sunny-side up.”

 

“I didn’t know. I cooked it that way because I love sunny-side up.” Yoona confessed. “Fishy, why do people think you like scrambled eggs?”

 

“I don’t know either. I don’t know where they got that idea!” He answered.

 

Yoona nodded. She just finished her breakfast and she was still hungry. “I want more.”

 

“Hey, you ate a plateful of food and you still want more?” Donghae asked not believing her. “You’re truly a shikshin! You’re an alligator!”

 

“How am I an alligator?” Yoona ragingly asked.

 

“You laugh with your mouth wide open and you’re always craving for something.” Donghae responded.

 

Yoona stuck her tongue at him. “I don’t care. I’m still going to eat more!”

 

“Stop eating like a pig. People will start thinking that you’re pregnant!” Donghae retorted.

 

Yoona blushed at the word ‘pregnant’. “T-that’s disgusting!!” She stuttered and left towards the kitchen.

 

Donghae chuckled at her reaction. He continued eating his breakfast, savoring every taste. When he finished, he got up and headed to his bathroom and took a bath. When he finished taking a bath, he wore his best outdoor clothes. He went downstairs and waited for Yoona in the living room.

 

Yoona just finished taking a bath as well. She picked up her comb and run it over her smooth hair. She walked downstairs while still combing her hair and she saw Donghae sitting on the sofa in his best getup. “Where are you going dressed like that? Are you going somewhere? A party perhaps?” Yoona asked.

 

“No.” Donghae replied. He stood up and reached for Yoona’s hand. “WE’RE going out.” He emphasized.

 

“We?” Yoona repeated. “Where are we going?” Yoona asked when Donghae started dragging her out to the garage.

 

“Somewhere.” He simply replied.

 

“Where is somewhere? Is there a place in Korea called somewhere?” Yoona asked satirically.

 

“Fine. We’ll go anywhere! Mall, the park. Everywhere!” Donghae answered a little clearer.

 

“But why?” Yoona asked.

 

Donghae opened the car door and Yoona sat on the passenger seat. He moved to the other side and sat on the driver’s seat. Before starting the engine, Donghae turned to Yoona. “I want to thank you for helping me, for pretending as my wife, for all. And also, for keeping this fake marriage a secret. Thank you. I want to take you out and have fun as a sign of my gratitude.” Donghae told Yoona sincerely.

 

Yoona was nearly in tears as she was touched with Donghae. He was genuinely thanking her. But the moment she heard the phrase “keeping this fake marriage a secret”, she cringed in fear. She suddenly remembered the night she told Kibum the secret. She felt guilty.

 

Yoona tried to smile truly but she gave him a feigned and agitated smile instead. “You’re welcome.”

 

Donghae smiled at her and he started the engine. The car roared and it started accelerating. Donghae decided to drive to the mall first. The ride was half an hour. Donghae maneuvered his car to the parking lot and parked it on an empty space. He turned off the engine. He got off the car first and as the gentleman he is, he opened the door for Yoona.

 

“I have hands too, you know.” Yoona pointed out.

 

Donghae grinned. “I’m just trying to be a gentleman.”

 

“Fine. Thank you.” Yoona smiled.

 

Donghae led their way to the main entrance of the mall. “Where shall we go first?” He asked.

 

“Hmmm…”  Yoona pretended to be thinking deeply.  “I don’t know. You decide.”

 

Donghae lightly scratched his nape. “Shall we go to the department store first?”

 

Yoona nodded her head. “Sure.” Donghae reached for her hand and held it tightly as he grinned widely. He pulled her with him as he ran towards the escalator. Yoona smiled at she felt his warm skin touched hers and ran along with him. They stepped on the escalator as it slowly lifted them to the second floor of the mall. They ran towards the department store.

 

“Whoa…” Yoona awed at the beautiful clothes displayed inside the store.

 

“Now let’s pick dresses for you.” Donghae said. He walked over the ladies’ section and looked for a perfect dress for Yoona.

 

Yoona followed him. “Let’s pick a dress for Seohyun too!  She doesn’t have dresses in her closet. All she has are pants and t-shirts. Now that she’ll be joining that pageant, she badly needs these.”

 

“You’re not mad Kyuhyun registered your sister’s name without Seohyun’s consent?” Donghae asked her.

 

Yoona shook her head. “I’m very much delighted he did that. Even I can’t do that. I’m glad he was able to do it! And besides, Seobb didn’t back out.” Yoona said.

 

“I think it’s about time to show off her gorgeous face!” Yoona added.

 

“I guess you’re right.” Donghae agreed to her state

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter