Oppa

My Fake Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun stared at the wall clock for the umpteenth time. He was so bored listening to his teacher discuss. He could not understand anything his teacher discussed. Thirty more seconds and the bell would ring. Kyuhyun waited and counted in his mind the remaining seconds till school would be over.

 

‘5, 4, 3, 2, 1… School’s over!’ Kyuhyun counted in his mind.

 

The bell rang and everyone cheered. Students started leaving their classrooms to go home. Kyuhyun grabbed his bag and swung it on his back. He walked to the front of Seohyun’s room and waited for her. Kyuhyun smiled when he finally saw Seohyun.

 

“Seohyun-ah!” He called Seohyun.

 

Seohyun turned to him and smiled back. “Oh, Kyuhyun op-.. ssi”

 

“What are you doing here?” She asked.

 

“I was waiting for you.” Kyuhyun replied but his smile was no longer present on his face.

 

“What for?”

 

“Aren’t we going to go home together?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

Seohyun nodded her head as she remembered. “Ah that’s right.” Seohyun said.

 

“So let’s go?” Kyuhyun offered.

 

Seohyun shook her head and made an “x” with her arms. “No.” She said.

 

Kyuhyun looked at her clueless. He felt a little hurt (really hurt) when he heard her say no. “But why?”

 

“I am going to the market. I want to buy something.” Seohyun told him. She walked ahead him. Kyuhyun watched walk gracefully. ‘What does she need to buy in the market?’ Kyuhyun thought.

 

‘Everything’s in the house!’ He added. Kyuhyun ran to follow Seohyun who was already five meters away from him. He closed the distance between them. When he was already beside her, he walked normally, matching his pace with hers.

 

Seohyun turned her head to her right and she jerked back when she saw Kyuhyun walking beside her. “Hey, I thought you already went home?” She asked him.

 

“I was going to but I decided to come along with you.” Kyuhyun replied with a big smile.

 

“It’s okay. You don’t have to come with me.” Seohyun told him. “I’m just going to buy something and return home after.”

 

“I insist. And besides, it’s been awhile since I last visited the market.” Kyuhyun insisted.

 

Seohyun sighed as she surrendered. “Fine, you can come.”

 

Kyuhyun smiled in victory and looked ahead. “What will you buy in the market anyways?” He asked. He was really curious about what she wanted to buy.

 

“Goguma…” Seohyun grinned. “I want to buy sweet potato.” She repeated herself.

 

“Sweet potato?” He repeated. “Why do you want to buy one?”

 

“I really love sweet potatoes. It’s been a while since I last ate one. I miss eating it.” Seohyun replied.  “I can’t remember when I last ate sweet potatoes.”

 

“You’re really different.” Kyuhyun commented.

 

Seohyun looked at him in confusion. Her right eyebrow rose as she continued to stare at him with a confused look. “What do you mean by that?” She asked him.

 

“You know I met a lot of girls before.” Kyuhyun started.

 

“You mean dated?” Seohyun corrected with a little irritation hidden beneath her tone that she did not know. She realized that hidden irritation a little later and wondered why? Yes, she does have a little crush on him but she never got irritated, or a little irritated when she’s talking about the girls he dated.

 

Seohyun just shrugged the thought away and wished he didn’t notice it.

 

“Okay, dated or whatever relationship I had with those girls…” Kyuhyun corrected himself. “… but you’re really different from them.” He said.

 

“Whenever I go on dates with them, they would usually bring me to a cosmetic shop and beg for me to buy them make-ups.” Kyuhyun narrated.

 

Seohyun just looked at him while listening to his story about her being different from his dates. “Make-ups? I hate wearing make-ups.” She said as she compared herself.

 

“What else?” Seohyun asked, pertaining to the things his dates begged him to buy them.

 

“And you know those killer heels?” He asked.

 

“You mean those 3-inch and 4-inch heels?” Seohyun asked and Kyuhyun nodded. “Oh my! The first and last time I wore those shoes was at the party! And my feet hurt due to those!” She complained.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled at her complaints. “Not only those.” He said. “They wanted me to buy them cocktail dresses too.”

 

“And whenever we eat, it’ll be on a grand restaurant. Just passing here in the market would disgust them.” Kyuhyun added.

 

“What’s so disgusting about a market?” She asked.

 

Kyuhyun shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t know.”

 

“Does a market disgust you?” Seohyun questioned Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun shook his head. “Nope. I was never disgusted about it.” He confessed honestly. Seohyun smiled admiringly at his honest confession.

 

“In fact, I used to sneak away from home to go here so that I could buy ddokbokki.” Kyuhyun told her in a matter-of-fact tone. He never told anyone about this except for her. He didn’t know why he couldn’t tell the others but to her, it felt like he can tell her anything.

 

“Jinjja?” Seohyun asked, amazed. She never thought a bad boy like him would actually sneak away just to buy ddokbokki made in streets.

 

Kyuhyun nodded his head. “But why? Don’t they serve you ddokbokki at home?” Seohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter