Realization

My Fake Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae didn’t know why he was riding the public bus when he had a car. Everything happened so fast. And Yoona was to blame.

 

Yoona was pleading him to go to a convenient store because she was really hungry. And she pleaded him non-stop as if she was going to die if she didn’t get to eat at the moment. Donghae was about to refuse for another time since he was determined to get some nap when Yoona started using aegyos to him and he found it hard to say no.

 

“We have foods in the kitchen. Why waste time to go to a convenient store?” He tried to ask.

 

“Uhm… you don’t have peanut butter!” She pointed out. “Oh come on Donghae! I have tons to buy in the store!”

 

Seriously! If they were really married, he would think Yoona was pregnant because of her weird cravings. But they weren’t married and Yoona was just a certified shikshin.

 

“No, Yoo—“

 

“Pwease Donghae oppa~!” she baby-talked and he finally gave in.

 

He got himself dressed. He grabbed his wallet and car key when Yoona said that she would like to ride the bus because she missed using public transport vehicles. Donghae argued to use his car. He and Yoona started debating whether they’ll be using Donghae’s car or riding the bus, but much to Donghae’s dismay, he lost and ended up riding the bus with Yoona.

 

Donghae has no complaints. To be honest, he actually liked going to the store with Yoona by a bus. He couldn’t explain what he feels exactly but he knew he liked it. He liked sitting right beside Yoona and how close their bodies were.

 

The bus came to a halt and he noticed Yoona stood up. He realized they were already at their stop.

 

“Come on,” Yoona said offered her hand to him.

 

Donghae smiled and took her hand as he held her thin and delicate hand tightly. They went out of the bus together.

 

They walked slowly to the store while swinging their linked arms forward and backward. They must have forgotten to let go of each other’s hands as they swung childishly. If they did remember that hands were still interlaced, they chose to let their hands be.

 

When they were already in front of the store, Donghae opened the door and cool breeze of the air-con welcomed them. Yoona entered inside and Donghae followed.

 

“Did you perhaps bring a lot of money?” Yoona interrogated Donghae.

 

Donghae eyed Yoona questioningly. “Why are you asking?” he asked.

 

Yoona pressed her lips into a thin line. She grabbed a basket. “Hmmm… because…”

 

“I don’t think I’d like what you’re gonna say,” Donghae muttered.

 

Yoona grinned. “…because I’m gonna buy a LOT!” she emphasized.

 

Donghae gulped. His wallet was going to be lighter minutes later.

 

Yoona would laugh at Donghae’s expression right now but she was in a public place right now and laughing hard would be totally embarrassing. So she giggled instead. She gripped Donghae’s wrist and dragged him to where the peanut butter were.

 

Yoona put two bottle of her favorite brand of peanut butter into the basket while Donghae sneaked a strawberry jelly and plopped it into the basket. And then, they moved to where the ramyun were.

 

“Ramyun?” Donghae asked.

 

Yoona nodded her head as stuffed five ramyun packs one by one into the basket. “Yep!”

 

“We have lots of these at home.” He told Yoona.

 

Yoona shook her head. “No, we don’t.”

 

“Yes, we do.” Donghae argued. “The other day, I saw four ramyun packs in the cabinet.”

 

“What time did you see it?” Yoona asked as she pondered whether to get more packs or not.

 

“Morning why?” Donghae asked.

 

“The night of that day, I ate two packs and yesterday, Seohyun and I ate the rest.” Yoona explained. “So technically, we DON’T have ramyun packs anymore.” She pointed out.

 

Donghae stared at her in horror. He made a mental note to himself to never judge people again by their appearance. Frail-looking, slim and skinny Yoona might look; she had a stomach of three people combined. He was horrified yet amazed.

 

“You are unbelievable.” Donghae complimented her.

 

Yoona smiled and decided to get three more packs.

 

“Yah! Five packs are enough!” Donghae complained when Yoona got three more. “Return those three.”

 

Donghae took hold of the three packs and was about to return it when Yoona slapped his hand. He jerked his hand back to himself. He glared at her but Yoona was just pouting at him. The sight of her pouting made his glare disappear.

 

“What? I was just getting worried for my wallet.” Donghae said.

 

Yoona crinkled her nose. “It’s better to have a lot than come back to the store every day.” She argued.

 

Yoona placed the three packs back in the basket. She stared at the packs of ramyun displayed on the rack.

 

“Now what?” Donghae asked. “You’re not planning on buying all the ramyun packs, are you?”

 

Yoona snickered. “No, of course not.”

 

She continued, “I’m just thinking maybe we should get two more.”

 

Donghae’s eyes widened. “No!”

 

Yoona didn’t hear him but if she did, she chose to ignore him. She grabbed two more packs and placed it in the basket.

 

“Yah! Eight is enough. Ten is more than enough!” Donghae nagged at Yoona.

 

“I don’t care…” Yoona sang.

 

Donghae clucked his tongue. “Just because you’re not the one spending…” he muttered.

 

“Yah Yoona!”

 

Yoona turned to him and looked at him innocently. “Yes?”

 

“Did you… Are you perhaps… ugh never mind!”

 

Yoona stared at him confused. She examined a noodle cup for a second and turned her gaze back to Donghae. “What? What were you going to ask?”

 

“Forget it. It’s nonsense.”  Donghae said.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter