Real Feelings

My Fake Wife?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona wished she had a time machine.

 

She had never felt that horrible ever in her lifetime. She felt so bad she wished the earth could just swallow her right at that moment and conceal her from the world. She wished she would be run over by a truck so it would end once and for all.

 

But she couldn’t do that. She wanted Donghae to forgive her first.

 

‘No, that’s impossible,’ Yoona thought.

 

Why would Donghae forgive a horrible-and-not-trustworthy-promise-breaker like her? Forgiving her was an absurd thought. It didn’t make sense.

 

Yoona watched Donghae’s running figure. He was running away from her.  She sobbed as she watched Donghae took one step away from her. She wanted to run after him and explain but she knew very well that he won’t listen to any of her explanations. Besides, she won’t even reach him. She maybe a fast runner, Donghae was faster.

 

The image of his hurt and pained face popped in her mind. It made her weep even more. She couldn’t take seeing that kind of expression painted on his face. What made her feel worse was the fact that the reason for that face was her.

 

‘Why did you have to tell Kibum oppa?’ She asked herself.

 

Yoona smacked her face with her palm while muttering “stupid” repeatedly at herself. She didn’t care if people thought she was in sane for smacking herself. She thought she was stupid after all.

 

She reached for the door of the store but she couldn’t make herself push it open and enter inside. She stared at it for a while.

 

“Excuse me, miss? Are you just going to get inside, or are you going to stand there for the whole day?” a man scolded Yoona. The man pushed her sideways and entered the store.

 

Normally, Yoona would have confronted that man and ask why he pushed her hard but, now, she didn’t have any plans to. She thought she deserved that.

 

Yoona heaved a deep sigh. She opened the door open and staggered inside the store. She picked up the basket and brought it to the counter. She wondered if it was worth paying for the foodstuffs. But Donghae had asked her to pay for those. It was the least she could do.

 

Yoona started moving the stuffs out of the baskets. She had her head bowed down. She was too embarrassed to show her face and her red eyes. She was still sniffing from all the crying. Yoona could sense the cashier looking at her and that made her more embarrassed.

 

“Are you okay, Miss?” the cashier asked.

 

Yoona didn’t respond. She wiped her face with her hands and nodded slowly. “Uh, yeah,” she choked the words out.

 

The cashier girl wasn’t convinced, Yoona knew. The girl started doing her work but from time to time, she would look at Yoona. Pity was evident in the girl’s eyes.

 

Yoona was getting uncomfortable from the stares she was getting from the girl.

 

Once they were done, the girl told her the total price she would pay and Yoona immediately handed the girl her own money—not the money Donghae gave her.

 

“Thank you,” Yoona muttered and left immediately.

 

Yoona ran from the shop as fast as she could. She didn’t look back. She only stopped when she was already at the bus stop but she didn’t want to go back to Donghae’s house yet. Going back there would make her feel guiltier.

 

So Yoona sat down at the seat. She didn’t move and then suddenly, she felt like sobbing but she stopped herself. As if by instinct, she got her cellphone and started scrolling down her contacts. She stopped by her sister’s name but she scrolled down after a few seconds.

 

Kim Hyoyeon’s name flashed before her and she stopped scrolling. Yoona’s thumb pressed the call button and she leaned the phone to her ear. It rang three times before Hyoyeon answered.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Unnie,” Yoona’s voice cracked.

 

Hyoyeon immediately knew there was something wrong. “Oh my! Yoong, what’s wrong?” she questioned.

 

“Please pick me up,” Yoona pleaded Hyoyeon.

 

“Why? What happened, Yoona?” Hyoyeon asked.

 

“I-I can’t talk about it here…” she said. “Please, unnie…”

 

“Alright, alright… where are you right now?” Hyoyeon asked and Yoona immediately told her where she was.

 

“Please, unnie…” Yoona pleaded once more.

 

“I’ll be there. Wait for me,” Hyoyeon told Yoona.

 

Yoona sniffed. She knew she was about to cry again and she couldn’t let herself bawl in front of many people. She waited for Hyoyeon patiently. She checked her wristwatch from time to time. Yoona noticed a car stopped in front of her. The door at side of the driver opened and Hyoyeon appeared. She apparently noticed how horrible Yoona looked right now because her face contorted from a calm one to a sorry and anxious one.

 

Hyoyeon closed the car door and ran to Yoona. She pulled the taller girl into a comforting embrace. She caressed Yoona’s hair for a few times before letting go of her bestfriend. She pulled Yoona towards her car and opened the car door for her. Yoona was seated on the passenger seat and Hyoyeon sat on the driver’s seat.

 

When Hyoyeon started the engine, Yoona burst into tears. Hyoyeon looked at her worriedly. Hyoyeon had never seen her best friend weep like that. That was the first time Yoona had cried hard and it worried Hyoyeon. She suddenly became very determined to find out the reason and help her friend. She couldn’t stand seeing Yoona like that.

 

“What’s wrong, Yoong?” Hyoyeon asked, but her eyes were still on the road.

 

Yoona didn’t answer. She had finally stopped weeping but she was still sobbing.

 

“Yoong, you know you can tell me anything,” Hyoyeon said.

 

Yoona shook her head. “Not here, unnie. I don’t think I can tell you here…”

 

Hyoyeon understood, hence, she nodded her head. She didn’t push the younger girl anymore. She focused on the road although her mind was filled with worries for Yoona, and wonder of what could something be that could make Yoona hurt like that.

 

Yoona leaned her head on the backrest and closed her eyes. Donghae’s smiling face popped inside her head, and she immediately felt better. She smiled at Donghae’s handsome face but she immediately frowned when the scene of earlier played in her head. Donghae’s disappointed and angry face mocked her.

 

Yoona closed her eyes tighter. She wasn’t going to let any tears flow down her face anymore.

 

In the whole ride, Yoona had her eyes closed. She only opened them when she noticed that the car had already stopped in front of a tall building—an apartment building, Yoona reck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter