Chapter 4: Random

What Were the Odds?

“Sooyoung!” unnie called out from afar. It’s already Sunday. We have to go to church every Sunday. Well, the service just finished and I feel like getting something to eat.

 

I went near Taeyeon-unnie and instantly gave my message to her through my (they say it’s annoying) aegyo.  She sighed but she agreed in the end. We went to the store were she works and ordered three bowls of ramen and one bowl of kimchi stew.

 

“I wonder…” I looked up from my ramen to see unnie’s curious expression.

 

I instantly continued her unfinished statement with a joke. “You wonder, if you’ll ever date again?” then grinned. And yes, she hit me with her hand on my head. I totally expected that. “Kidding… you wonder what unnie?”

 

“I wonder what happened to that Cho Kyuhyun guy. I remember him eating porridge inside our living room… or was I just dreaming…” she leaned her chin at the end of her chopsticks. I squeezed a smile but did not bother to answer.

 

“How come a skinny girl like you can eat three bowls of ramen three times a day?” a familiar voice interrupted.

 

“Oppa!” I called out when seeing my favorite sunbae-slash-oppa; Shim Changmin.

 

He went near us wearing his waiter uniform and immediately scribbled my hair. “Uh—You work here oppa? I thought you work at that ‘Beef in our tummy’ Store?” I said giving off a goofy voice.

 

“I got fired there… the last time I was on duty, I broke off three plates because I had an argument with the customer.” He gave out a laugh. He sat in front of me and unnie and sighed. “Good thing the owner’s daughter here is a friend of mine. She would let me stay for as long as I need money.”

 

“Oppa… How’s school by the way?” Taeyeon unnie changed the topic. I gave out a sigh while trying not to listen to there boring topic. As expected from Taeyeon-unnie, she always likes to talk about school stuff and projects and stuff. 

 

Come to think of it, I haven’t seen the guy ever since then. By the time it was morning, the blankets I gave him were neatly folded outside out door and he was gone.I sighed; staring blankly at the window. I do wonder where he is… Crap… What? Why am I so worried about that guy! Sheesh… urgh! Cut the crap Choi Sooyoung! I slapped my face with both of my hands then shook my head in surprise. What the heck are you thinking?

 

“Your face is just priceless. “ I saw tears of joy just there. Cute. The next thing I knew, I was laughingtogether with the stubborn boy.

I covered myself in embarrassment. I was feeling hot all over my face. Changmin-oppa; of course, noticed my sudden blush. “Soo… Are you okay? You’re red. Do you have a fever?” he quickly placed his hand over my forehead.

 

“Uh—no… Oppa… I’m just feeling hot… that’s all…” I lied.

 

“You feel hot?” Taeyeon-unnie cut me off, “In the middle of winter?” she said before giving off a mischievous grin. She then whispered to my ear, “If I know any better, you were thinking about that Cho Kyuhyun guy eh?”

 

CRAP!!!

“No way… I was just thinking about my schoolwork that’s all.” I lied again, this time I buried my face on the table.

 

“Ah… Okay then…” Changmin-oppa said changing his mood. He stood up and bid us goodbye because he was being called by the manager. We waved to him before finishing of our meal.

 

 

“Aah… Soo boring!” I said lying down on the floor and doing nothing. Taeyeon-unnie went out because she wanted to go to the market alone. All the food was out and we had to have some every now and then. I’m hungry!!! I thought… and that’s why we need to have food always… and I mean always.

 

I decided to go the coffee shop where I work and just work some overtime. I grabbed my sweatshirt and my beanie. I wrapped my neck with my favorite scarf and wrote a small letter to unnie saying ‘I’ll be back. Don’t look for me’. I posted it on the door, locked at and scooted off.

 

 

“Hello!” I shouted as I entered the back door. The kitchen seemed to be quiet so I guess there weren’t any customers.

 

“Sooyoung!” I heard Sungmin say. He’s my workmate and he’s kind of the main attraction to the coffee shop. Because of his ‘cuteness’ he was hired in an instant.

 

I waved back at him before letting out a smile. “I’m gonna work for some hours today is that alright Ahjusshi?” I yelled at a room behind the locker room.

 

“Oh sure Soo…” I heard the owner; Mr. Park, reply.

 

I changed my clothes to my working outfit which was a white blouse and black jeans. I fixed my apron over my body and head off to the counter.

 

As expected. I sighed at the sight of many cute girls inside the shop. Less came in today though. Only four tables were occupied out of fourteen. Yes, the shop is quiet big… not to mention popular.

 

Only a few boys were sitting and at the very least, they were sitting at the corner. I went towards them and my entertain-the-customers-with-a-smile mode. “Good day sirs, may I take now your orders?”

 

“Two brewed coffee please.”

 

“Okay then, any desserts you might want to add?” I said, still wearing a smile on my face.

 

“No… this will be enough.”

 

I turned around and walked away when I heard the other guy speak. “Miss… would you mind coming over here for a moment, I want to change my order.”

 

I immediately obeyed and this time around, I didn’t bother to wear my smile.

 

As the other guy was pointing out to me his order I noticed from the corner of my eyes, the other guy’s hand slowly rising towards the back of my apron. I took a step forward and closed my eyes while creasing my eyebrows. I didn’t want to create a scene so I resisted my self from shouting. “Sir… What I really don’t like is ---“

 

“Oh… look, her bra is pink and full of hearts” the other guy pointed out.

 

THAT’S IT! YOU CROSSED THE LINE MISTER!!!

 

I raised my hand and got myself a chair. I opened my eyes in hope to scare them away. “IF YOU DON’T WANT TO DIE, GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!!” I said obviously pissed off.

 

“Ah…Soo” I heard Sungmin call “Calm down… You’re scaring the other customers.

 

I bowed and showed them my smile once again, “Everyone, My apologies.” I bowed and hid myself inside the kitchen.

 

 

It was six in the evening and I was on my way back to my apartment. I changed to my sweatshirt and beanie as well. As I was walking down the streets I noticed some motions so I figured out that I was being followed. I went to a store and bought some cabbages just in case I needed them.

 

“Well, well… If it isn’t little miss nasty.” The guy seemed nastier than earlier. I grab hold of the cabbages and threw it to them. I ran quickly as I could but because of my panicking, I ended up taking the longer route to our apartment. I was now walking in the middle of a dark road. I don’t care as long as I lost them. Or so I thought.

 

One man grabbed me and held me in his arms. Luckily I learned how to handle these kinds of situations when dealing with Taeyeon-unnie when she’s drunk. I kicked him in between his legs and he dropped me just in time for me to run when another man stood in front of me.

 

I had no choice but to run. To my surprise, someone grabbed me and covered my mouth; hiding in a small opening along the road.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Not much moments there... Sorry about that... Anyways... Are the new characters okay??