Chapter 7: A Troublemaker like him is actually a Shy Guy?

What Were the Odds?

“Cheers!” everyone said in unison. Everyone cheered for the arrival of their boss.

 

…and yes, here I am stuck in the kitchen for the reason that I couldn’t adjust with these people. Any by the way, I forgot to mention. The girl they celebrated their party for. Her name is Cho Ara; the owner of the shop where Taeyeon-unnie works. She’s also Cho Kyuhyun’s older sister.

 

Anyway, after being dragged in here by Kyuhyun I immediately proceeded to the kitchen but sadly everything was prepared right before we arrived. Couldn’t help with the cooking after all. I gave out a sigh and leaned against the kitchen counter. I heard the happy squeals inside the shop but I don’t really want to go and have fun with them. I would likely consider this as an Ahjumma and Ahjusshi party. I laughed to myself at the silly thought.

 

I went outside from the back door and sat on a small wooden chair. Unfortunately, I wasn’t alone at all.

 

“Why are you here? Shouldn’t be a pig be inside there eating all the food?”

 

Darn this man.

 

I clutched my fists as I furrowed my eye brows. “WHEN DID YOU EVEN START TO CALL ME A PIG HUH?! TO BEGIN WITH WHEN DID YOU EVER KNOW ME!?” I said. And I tried my hardest to show him that I’m pissed and I’ve already exploded.

 

“I already told you that I have my sources. I know mostly about everything going around the school—

 

Really. No. No you don’t. Doesn’t look like it though.

 

...and my intelligence network is big. I research on people; especially about those whom I find interesting.” He paused. I caught that one as well.

 

Especially those I find interesting.

 

Silence covered the both of us and I moved the chair a few feet from him. It’s getting colder by the minute. I thought.

 

“You know, it would be really nice if we would have a formal greeting. Since you knew me by name and I know you by your deeds.” I grinned and chuckled surprised to see his hand in front of me.

 

He stood up in front of me with one hand out for a shake and the other on his pocket. He was wearing a tight coat over him. He wore a scarf over it and a beanie on top of his head. I was kind of getting second thoughts whether to accept his hand or not, but since I was the one to suggest, I stood up and gave him a smile.

 

“Hello. My name is Choi Sooyoung!” I grinned at him and grabbed his hand for a shake.

 

Kyuhyun shook my hand and pink colors brushed over his features as he replied. “Cho Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you.” He said trying to look away.

 

My hand was warm enough to feel his cold hand. I was about to let go when he came closer and made me do the proper handshake.

 

“Your hands are wrong. The arch of our hands should be completely united.” He got my hand his pressed together again. To tell you the truth I was literally confused. But then I followed his hand whish was leading mine to a proper shake. His hand was touching mine. Literally.

 

“There.” He said after a while of blabbering about the proper handshake. I got puzzled but then again I shot him a smile then finally I let go. We sat at the same time. I feel a little better with him now. I chuckled to myself.

 

“What’s wrong with you?” he said giving me an uninterested look.

 

“Nothing. Maybe it’s the winter.” I said.

 

“What about it?” he replied looking at the tiny snowflakes that were starting to fall. He got out his hand with the intention of catching one.

 

I shook my head trying to ignore his question but he answered it himself. “You know winter is kind of the season for couples to enjoy.” He said. Just right now. I saw warmth in his eyes. I can’t believe a troublemaker like him could be this much sentimental. I thought.

 

“Yeah…” I mumbled trailing off. “Winter is kind of my favorite time of the year.” I said.

 

Oh no. It’s coming. No---its… its…

 

“AAACHOOO” I covered my nose with both of my hands then trying to rub it off. I noticed Kyuhyun chuckle and laugh but it didn’t bother me instead it made me blush. I shifted my mood in order to bring up a conversation. “Yah… What’s so funny?”

 

“You…” he chuckled again before composing himself. Wow. He can really change his facial expression that fast.

 

“Well… You want coffee?” I ignore his statement as I stood up. “I’m gonna get some.” I said.

 

 

When I returned with two mugs of coffee to the place we were sitting Kyuhyun was already gone. That guy... Really… I hissed but proceeded. I sat on my chair and took a sip of my coffee. I placed his on his chair and placed mine as well.

 

I gave out a sigh. Just when I got comfortable being around with him…I thought again.

 

I rested on my palm while closing my eyes. So cold. I thought just when a warm blanket was placed over me. I jolted to see who it was and was very (I mean very) surprised who it was.

 

“It’s getting cold… Here” He got me my mug and he sat down with me with his own blanket. “What?” he said when he saw me randomly staring at him for no particular reason.

 

“N—nothing… Thank you… for the blanket, I mean…” I mumbled.

 

“What are doing mumbling like that?” he said.

 

I covered half of my face as I got embarrassed. “No—nothing.” I trailed off. “You know, you’re really not a bad person Kyuhyun…” I said to him and as expected, he didn’t bother to reply. Well not yet at least.

 

Silence enveloped us once again. I took a sip of coffee and hugged myself inside the warm blanket.

 

“Really… Why do people think that I’m such a bad guy? I mean, yeah, I get in trouble most of the time but that doesn’t mean that I am always the one starting it.” He mumbled beneath his blanket.

 

 I chuckled. “What’s this all of a sudden?”

 

He appeared from his blanket and gave out a shy look. “Well… Nothing…” he scratched his beanie and continued. “Well, sorry for being so out-the-blue…”

 

“Don’t worry… I like to listen.” I said, cutting him off. I followed it with a smile.

 

Wow… a troublemaker like him is actually a shy guy? How cute!I told myself.

 

“Hey…” he looked at me, kind of hesitant about something.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Waah~! Another moment there! Hehehe... Enjoy this chapter^^