Chapter 29:

What Were the Odds?

 

(At the University )

 

I saw Yuri and Hyoyeon waving at me in the middle of the crowd. They ran to me and hugged me childishly. I on the other hand, -that I look absolutely messy and very, very depressed. I gave them a wary smile as they approached me. Hyoyeon, being the observant type of girl noticed me quickly. “Sooyounggie! How are you? You look sick! What’s wrong?”

 

I laughed absent-mindedly fanning my hands in front of them. “I’m fine Hyo…”

 

Unsatisfied with my answer Yuri placed a palm on my forehead. “You don’t have a fever… Are you really fine?” she glanced at Hyoyeon who seemed to be thinking. “Aha! Come on! Let’s go! We’ll go fix that.” Hyoyeon lead Yuri and I to a food stall at the end of the aisle.

 

“Right! Soo must be hungry.” Yuri grabbed me by the arm while dragging my heavy feet to the said destination.

 

As we were nearing the food stall, a voice called out to us. “My, pretty ladies we have here!” we turned to see an old Ahjumma covered with violet-colored garments sitting behind a crystal ball. She had an old face telling me that she’s a bit old. She was scary to look at but she wanted us to come nearer.

 

“Let’s your future shall we?”

 

That explains the creepy setup… She’s a fortune teller… How dumb can you get Sooyoung?  I shove the thoughts away and stare at the creepy Ahjumma who was gesturing around her crystal ball. She suddenly stops and shot me a look that almost scared the living crap out of me.

 

“You…” she snapped clearly pointing out a finger with dark nail polish to me. “You’re gonna loose someone soon…” she followed this with a smile. A creepy and an unnecessary smile as well. “Eh? Me?” I repeated her.

 

She nodded but both my companions objected. “Eh? Sooyounggie is going to loose someone? Is it us? I’ can’t be we’re her best friends! “Yuri retorts. Hyoyeon nods in agreement.

 

“Your friends are not the only important people for you are they?” she stared at me again. My knees lost their energy at her assumptions and I almost fell down. I wanted to cry right then and there but I have to hold it back. She smirked before continuing. “Someone whose heart is very caring towards you will leave you. Someone who loves you and you love dearly. “

 

“Ah- Ahju- Ahjumma… Please stop. Sooyounggie doesn’t like what you’re doing…” Yuri grabbed both my arms and lead me out of the Ahjumma’s booth. Hyoyeon was left bowing to the lady. “Ahjumma, sorry but we have to leave!”

 

We arrived at the food stall and I managed to ignore the tears from earlier. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Omo! New subscriber! Kamsahamnida! :) I'm so glad! Oh and yeah... It's nearing its end. Mianhe... But don't worry I wont leave AFF with just one fanfic!  XD hehehe.. anyways... Enjoy this chapter! Thanks and God bless!