Chapter 20: Piano

What Were the Odds?

 

How dare she call me boyfriend snatcher?! I don’t even have one! Well… I don’t really know my status NOW but heck! Siwon-oppa rejected me thus, making me single for like forever! Well… I guess not forever….

 

I cleared my throat as I approached the little girl. She had a name tag on and it said “Sunny”. I paused for a moment to give Sungmin a death glare and to warn him what he’s gonna be having next. “Excuse me… “I tilt my head in order to see her grumping face better. “Excuse me Sunny-sshi? But I don’t know what you are talking about. First of all, Sungmin is my friend; second, I wasn’t doing anything bad at his apartment yesterday, I was there so he could fix a broken bracelet of mine; third, I am definitely not a Boyfriend snatcher and last but not least- I AM NOT TRYING AND NETHIER WILL I TRY TO STEAL SUNGMIN AWAY FROM YOU…” I nudged in front of Sunny as I saw Changmin-oppa laughing at my pose.

 

“Ah, Sunny-ah, Sooyoung is telling the truth… she wanted me to fix her broken bracelet so badly that I couldn’t resist her. And besides, she used her aegyo! I couldn’t take the torture!” Sungmin pleaded in front of Sunny.

 

I gave Sungmin a little punch on the shoulder after saying my aegyo was annoying. “Ouch~” he said.

 

“Well, well, well…” a voice interrupted us. “So, you were THAT worried with the bracelet? How sweet! SO you do like me THAT much after all…” Kyuhyun said as he entered the shop with an evil smirk on his face.

 

 He then approached me and swung his hand over my shoulder. “Sunny right?” Kyuhyun stood up straight dragging me along with him. “Please don’t think of anything bad with this girl because she will NEVER steal your boy. “

 

“Why? DO you even know what I’m talking about?” Sunny smirked as she glared at me then at Kyuhyun.

 

“Of course I know her, she’s my girlfriend.”

 

My jaw dropped wide-open immediately. The Heck?! What is he talking about?! My hands curled into fists immediately. I gave him a punch on the head and dragged him out by the ear. “Excuse us…” she squeezed a fake smile as she exited the scene.

 

“WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!” I glared at him at the back of the shop.

 

“What? You said you liked me, right?” Kyuhyun answered teasingly.

 

This guy’s got a point. I shrugged. “Those were words! I never planned on being on a REAL relationship with you! I just told you I liked you because you’re fun to be with!”

 

“Nice excuse there…” Kyuhyun grinned at me sheepishly.

 

“Leave before I fry you to death.” I said as I entered the shop, seeing Sungmin and his insane girlfriend hugging in front of a dumbfounded Changmin-oppa.

 

“Oppa… Close your mouth…” I said pointing to his half-opened jaw. I only got a shy smile and a smirk from the shikshin as I entered the kitchen.

 

It was already six in the evening. Huh… Time goes by easily… Not to mention quick. I heaved out a sigh as I pulled out my things from my locker. I got out from the shop and saw Kyuhyun standing beside his car. He dragged me towards his car not giving me the chance to say hi. “YAH!” I muttered a little too late.

 

 

“Where are you taking me?” I finally said after how minutes of driving. Once again, Kyuhyun kept silent. For the nth time, he turned the car and finally we arrived at a beautiful mansion. The gates opened as if waiting for Kyuhyun’s arrival and as Kyuhyun gave the guards a nod, they bowed 90 degrees as a respond.

 

What the? –

 

“Welcome to my place…” he said giving me a grin look.

 

This is his… place?

 

I followed Kyuhyun as two maids in their outfits opened the main door for us. Both of the girls stared at me with curious looks. After closing the door, they whispered to each other. Ignore them Sooyoung. I whispered to myself. Kyuhyun brought me to their kitchen.

 

Wow… Really, this guy knows me well…

 

He opened the fridge and pulled out a pitcher of water. “You want some?”

 

I shrugged and decided to take a seat in front of the fruits basket. I grabbed an apple and took a bite. Tasty. Kyuhyun placed the pitcher back inside the fridge and stared at me. “You sure you want apple only?” he smiled mischievously. At this, I threw an apple at him but just in time, he caught it effortlessly.

 

Kyuhyun approached me and this alarmed me. His mischievous look turned into a serious one as he took my hand. My heart almost skipped a beat when his face came closer to mine. His sudden movements were stopped by the announcement of one of the maids.

 

“Mr. Cho has arrived…”

 

Kyuhyun jolted as he heard his name. He immediately turned around and straightened his look. He grabbed my hand again and walked out of the kitchen to meet the person who arrived.

 

“My son! You have returned!”

 

Son? So that must be the director Cho… I gave out an “oh-i-see” look as I stood behind Kyuhyun.

 

“How are you?” he looked at Kyuhyun with eyes telling “I-miss-you-so-much!” and to no surprise, Kyuhyun just smirked. “Fine…”

 

Kyuhyun is not evil, he’s just plain arrogant. Arrogant I tell you. His father, or should I just say Mr. Cho gestured for a hug which Kyuhyun; no doubt; ignored. Mr. Cho just giggled. Noticing me he let out a chuckle. “Ah! What do we have here?”

 

I looked down, preventing from making an eye contact. “Hello, sir…”

 

“She’s pretty…” he complimented. I nodded in response. “Say, are you the reason why my son refuses to come back here?” he said before giving another chuckle. I swear I never thought of Director Cho this nosy. I murmured under breath.

 

“You kicked me out!” Kyuhyun retorted.

 

“No I didn’t.” Mr. Cho gave out a sheepish grin before silencing. He stopped for a moment and looked at me with evaluating eyes. “Wow, she looks like Seo Johyun as well…”

 

My heart sank at the comment. I know that I have never seen that Seohyun girl but please refrain yourself from comparing! I said as I faked a smile. “Father, stop it.” Kyuhyun said as he pulled my arm and dragged me to the stairs.

 

Their place sure is big. I whispered to myself. The outside was big but the inside is definitely bigger! The wide and hollowed space in the middle of the house and the beautiful hanging chandelier above is just awesome! I gasped in awe.

 

 

Moments later, we arrived at Kyuhyun’s room- I presume. It was tidy. Tidy enough for a known stubborn kid. There was a TV, a book shelf and some pile of cd. Chopin. Wow… there was a door leading to his bed and bathroom. It also had terrace where the whole mansion can be viewed. Kyuhyun disappeared somewhere and I took my chance to see his bedroom.

 

There, I saw a normal looking bed. Not too big, not too small; a desktop computer on the right of the bed and an up-right piano on its opposite.The wall was covered with a thin blanket which made the room darker than it’s suppose to be.

 

I approached the piano and sat down. A smile crept its way to my lips as my fingers unconsciously moved on the keys. After a few minutes of melody, I finally decided to stop and go out. As I turned around, all I saw was a shock Kyuhyun.

 

 

“What?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I am so sorry for the late update! I have so many things to do right now! Exams and projects! grrr! Anyways, I wanted to finish this fic already coz got so many ideas piling up! But i decided to make it longer! More comments/subscribers, the more I'll write! wahahahahahahah XDXDXD

 

Anyways, please enjoy this LATE CHAPTER UPDATE! Kamsam^^