Chapter 11: I Don't Get Him at All

What Were the Odds?

I observed the car properly. I thought so, a red Ferrari. I sighed as the window rolled down showing the face of the driver. “Didn’t I tell you not to go out alone at this time of night?” Kyuhyun said from the inside.

 

Really… Does he really need to bother?

 

“What are you doing here Cho Kyuhyun?” I said as I shrugged again.

 

“Shut up and just get in…” he said coldly.

 

I opened the door and sat immediately. Seems like someone is not in a good mood. I thought to myself as I buckled my seat belt. He drove silently to our apartment silently. He turned to the right curves but at the last curve that was suppose to get us to out place, he ignored it.

 

“YAH… CHO KYUHYUN…” I said, sitting up straight with curiosity. “Where do you think you’re taking me? Yah!” he ignored me and continued to drive silently. I gave up and just sat back down, giving out sighs every now and then.

 

He finally pulled down and parked the car in front of the place where we had spent our first night together.

 

“Aaah! Yah… Cho Kyuhyun! You could’ve told me earlier that were going to the night markets!” I said while getting off the car. The winter is still giving me the chills but the tasty and fresh aroma of food everywhere gives me a warm feeling. I grabbed Kyuhyun by the arm unconsciously and dragged him towards the eatery we went at our first night.

 

We entered the eatery together, hands intertwined with each other. I didn’t notice it until we arrived at the eatery itself. Kyuhyun didn’t really react but as I saw his still face, I shrugged his hand right off, feeling a little bashed. “YAH… What do you think you’re doing?” I said.

 

“What the crap are you talking about? You were the one who grabbed my arm!” he said; his eyes not meeting mine.

 

I hissed as I grabbed a chair and scribbled through the menu. “What are you doing?” Kyuhyun said as he stood there next to me without any intentions of sitting down.

 

“You brought me here so you could treat me right?” I said looking at him with my innocent eyes.

 

Kyuhyun just laughed and shrugged his shoulders. “You know, I don’t usually treat girls, let alone pigs…” he sat down in front of me and looked at the menu as well. He had a grin on his face and then again, unconsciously I was staring at him. “What?” he said without looking.

 

“Ah—Nothing… What’s what?” I said playing dumb.

 

“My hyung is not here today so don’t go ordering too much food okay?”

 

He smiled? I thought to myself. Yes… he smiled while giving me the “tip”. I can’t believe how cute this guy’s smile is. Gosh. I nodded and continued with my picking. And before I knew it I was eating ten barbeque sticks.

 

 

“Aah… I’m so full! I think I can go through a day without eating anything!” I said as we walked to the car after eating. I hugged myself as the night went colder.

 

Kyuhyun, after teasing me with how much I ate didn’t say anything else. As we entered his car, he turned the engine on silently and drove to the main road. What’s wrong with him? I said giving out a pout.

 

“You’re staring again.” He said while driving through the wide highway.

 

“Ha? Am I? I am?” I stumbled my words. “It’s nothing. Thank you though.” I said as I settled in my seat facing the window shield on my side of the car. I gave off a shy smile hoping that he wouldn’t see it.

 

“You know, smiling to yourself would be easily mistaken by others.” He said grinning.

 

Darn him. Just darn him.

 

“So what…” I mumbled. I pouted again still staring outside.

 

Silence enveloped the both of us and as we reached the Han River, he slowed down intending to park at the riverbank. It was already ten forty-five. I wondered where he was planning to take me. I still don’t trust you, you know, where the heck are you taking me? I shouted inside my head.

 

“Let’s take a walk…” he said as he went out of the car.

 

I felt my heart throb again. What the--?

 

I followed him outside the car and chased him to walk beside him. He was silent and so I kept silent as well. This is awkward… just now, I thought my heart was gonna explode; even when he smiled at me earlier. What is he up to, exactly?

 

“You know already about Seohyun don’t you?” he said with a calm voice. I was shocked by his sudden topic but then I nodded.

 

“Yeah… After she died, I dated lots of other women who were like her age but then the feeling of being with her didn’t really seem to come back…

 

Why the heck are you telling me this? Aissh… This guy is really…

 

…I wanted the feeling to come back. I want it to come back.” Kyuhyun stopped and faced the river.

 

“Why… why are you telling me all these?” I said giving off a confused look. Things like these really frustrate me. I don’t like this feeling.

 

“I gather informations of the people I like.” He said trailing off and yet leaving me in confusion.

 

“If you have something to say, will you say it already?! I really hate it when people don’t come to me directly.” I said obviously annoyed at him.

 

He hissed and walked towards a vending machine and got two coffees. He offered the other one to me and he sat at a bench near the place where we stopped. I went towards him as he took a sip from his coffee. “You’re really dumb aren’t you?” he said laughing to himself.

 

“Maybe I am dumb… but you’re just not being straight with me.” I said as I sat beside him. I hunched my back and gave a pout. “You know… you’re a really interesting guy.” I said without thinking. I panicked and tried to find an excuse over to what I said.

 

He just laughed as he took another sip of coffee. “You really are dumb.”

 

“Darn it! Will you just spill it out?!” I said standing up in front of him. He was getting on my nerves. I was obviously annoyed but then I calmed down and sat beside him again.

 

“Why can’t someone like you tell whether a guy likes you or not?” he said retorting back.

 

I was taken aback by his expression. He didn’t seem to be mad but his eyes were angry. What is this…

 

“He only reads about stuff with the people he finds interesting… or rather the people he likes.”

“Well, Kyu is pretty protective. He is how should I say, kind of very territorial.” She said.

“I miss you a lot Soo…”

 

 

Words came rushing through me as I absorbed what his final statement meant to me. I stood up and stared at him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I'm sooooooo sorry for this late chapter! Please forgive me D-; And sorry for the change of font color.... I'll change it when the internet's gets a hold of itself.... hahaha