Chapter 24: Love Matters

What Were the Odds?

 

“WOULD YOU CARE TO EXPLAIN WHAT YOU’RE DOING HERE… HYUNG!” Kyuhyun said, hands on his hips scolding his “hyung” while I sit and talk to unnie. Well we couldn’t really talk since Kyuhyun’s so loud.

“Sooyoung… That… that… Err… Earlier…” Taeyeon-unnie tried to speak.

“Don’t worry unnie. You’re the most responsible person I have ever met and I’m sure that you won’t do anything like that. And besides…”

“He’s my ex-boyfriend Soo…”

Okay, this is one of those moments were I Choi, Sooyoung tell you –readers the flashback and earlier events of this fanfic. Let’s say thank you to the author for not pointing it clearly.

Taeyeon-unnie is the type of girl whom every boy would admire. She’s well as the old people would say, everybody’s dream girl. She had so many boyfriends but she hardly took one of them seriously. Until Leeteuk-oppa came; that is.

She was so serious of the status they were in that she almost attempted suicide (:O) after Leeteuk-oppa broke up with her. well… by the looks of the scene I saw earlier, it’s either Leeteuk-oppa is so desperate to get back his gifts from unnie or they just really and I mean REALLY LOVE each other.

“I know that. But I trust Leeteuk-oppa as much as I trust you.” I gave unnie a hug and smiled at her.

“Thanks Soo”

“Okay… Hyung is leaving… NOW…” Kyuhyun said as he went inside the room dragging Leeteuk-oppa with him.

“Wait…” I said standing up. “Let’s give them both their privacy okay? Kyuhyun let’s go out today.” I said absent-mindedly grabbing Kyuhyun’s hand.

“What? You mean like hang out? Only the two of us?” he replied enthusiastically.

“We could call Yoona and Changmin-oppa… I wonder what they’re doing… unnie! We’re off! Later!” I said while grabbing Kyuhyun and dressing into my sweater.

I opened my pink cellphone as I slipped into Kyuhyun’s car. I looked through my contacts and saw Changmin-oppa’s name. I pressed the call button and waited for someone to answer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Meanwhile, Changmin and Yoona)

“Oppa! What time does the shop open?” she said while trying to swallow her fourth bowl of ramen.

“Well, I think we could stay close until we’re done here.” Changmin replied to the doe-eyed girl as he poured himself his sixth bowl of ramen. Right after Kyuhyun and Sooyoung left, both of them were so engulfed with the silence that they decided to eat. They weren’t allowed to eat the cakes and the chicken so they insisted on the ramens.

“Oppa! This is one of the best days of my life!|” Yoona said finishing her bowl of ramen.

“Want some more? I can cook some more if you want.” Changmin offered. At the instant the tall guy offered Yoona, she immediately without a doubt nodded and answered. “Yes! Of Course! Please do!”

Unknown to them both; Changmin’s phone- which is placed inside his locker; Sooyoung is calling desperately.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I wonder what they’re doing…” I said as I opened my phone for the umpteenth time.  I leaned on the seat and stared at my phone. I glanced at Kyuhyun before staring at my phone again. Before anything else, I gave out a loud sigh.

“What?” Kyuhyun said not taking his eyes on the road.

“Nothing…” I replied directly.

“Say, where do you want to go?” Kyuhyun asked me.

“Uhmmmmmm…. I checked out the places stored inside my pre-occupied brain. “What about school? It’s almost Christmas. I wonder if the festival has begun.”

“What do you mean; the Winter Festival?”

I nodded before staring out the window. I opened my phone once again and went through the contacts. I dialed Yuri and fortunately, she picked up. “Yuri-ah!” I said while placing my phone on my ear. “I was just wondering if you’re free today. I was thinking of going to the Winter Festival at school… Wanna come?” I said enthusiastically.

“Hey! I thought this day was supposed to be ours only?” Kyuhyun said behind my back.

I hushed him, hearing Yuri’s answer on the other line. “Who are you with?”

“Kyuhyun… Well, I was hoping that you and Hyo could accompany us?” I said keeping my hopes up.

“Uhm… Sorry, I’m with Hyoyeon right now and we’re kind of at the mall right now. So… You and Kyuhyun have a nice time there okay?”

I swear I could hear Hyoyeon’s voice in the background. They were obviously setting me and Kyuhyun up. I gave out a sigh before giving in to both of my friend’s excuses. “Fine… Okay then but promise me we’ll go out tomorrow.” I said giving them a stern voice and a voice loud enough for Kyuhyun to hear.

“Is Kyuhyun going to come with?” Yuri asked.

“I don’t know yet… But promise me okay…”

“Fine… I promise… but if Kyuhyun’s gonna come with us Hyoyeon’s gonna come as well. Bye~” Yuri finally hung up.

I closed my phone hearing Kyuhyun’s mischievous laugh. Cute >.< You’re like a kid… Do you know that Kyuhyun? I asked myself inside my head. Do I really like Kyuhyun because he’s him? Or do I just like him in order to find someone to fill in the hole Siwon-oppa left? No… Maybe I like him for either of the two or I just find him funny and whenever I’m with him, I feel kind of safe. I didn’t really know that I was staring at him with my jaw partially hanging open.

“What’s wrong Soo? You’re daydreaming about me aren’t you?” Kyuhyun teased.

“Huh?” I said regaining reality. “Uh… no way… I was just staring at the thing on your forehead. I pretended to get something from his head and immediately “blew” the “thing” away. I leaned at the passenger seat before engrossing myself in my thoughts of Kyuhyun again.

Buried underneath my thoughts, I didn’t notice that we already arrived at the university premises. Kyuhyun pulled to the nearest free spot in the parking lot. It was lightly snowing so I buried myself in my warm and comfy sweater. Kyuhyun grabbed his coat before coming out of the car.

A few stalls have been placed and some students are already looking some of the stalls. I grabbed Kyuhyun’s hand to one of my favorite stalls. “Come on Kyuhyun! Let’s go over there! I want to eat some hot dumplings.” I gave him a smile and we proceeded directly.

 By the time I got a clear vision of the stall.  A familiar face made me change my mind.

“Soo!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:  OH MY GOSH!!!! OUR INTERNET CONNECTION'S BACK!!!!! I MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!! hehe... well as you can see... that's the reason behind my late updates but anyways.... Enjoy this new update! Don't forget to comment and spread the KyuYoung Love!!! XD Thanks :)