Chapter 25:

What Were the Odds?

“Uhm… Kyu… I kind of don’t feel so good right now. Why don’t we just go back?” I faked a smiled. And as I thought, it didn’t work on Kyuhyun.

 

“Why? Because of Siwon?” he said looking at Siwon who is waving at our direction. Beside him was a cute girl with a very unforgettable eye smile. Tiffany. I sighed. Kyuhyun’s right. I shouldn’t be like this. Besides…

 

“Hold my hand.”

 

“What?” I asked him.

 

“I said hold my hand. Never let me go. Especially when you think you’re gonna cry. “Kyuhyun said.

 

“Shut up. I’m not gonna cry in front of you whether or not it’s because of Siwon-oppa.” I said in a teasing manner. I inserted my hand in my pockets and signaled Kyuhyun to proceed to the dumpling stall.

 

Siwon walked towards us with Tiffany’s hand in his. They sure do look like a happy couple. I smiled at them and gave them a wave.

 

“Hey Soo, I never thought I’d see you here.” Siwon-oppa greeted me with a I-never-thought-I’d-see-you-here look. Of course.

 

“Nah, I just wanted to eat some dumplings with Kyuhyun since he promised me he’d treat me 20 sticks.” I gleamed out a smile and giggle unconditionally before silencing in awkwardness. I bid Siwon-oppa goodbye and proceeded to the stall. Kyuhyun followed me… of course but I knew that he was giving off this kind of aura. I hate it when he does that.

 

I sat at the front seat and ordered the Ahjusshi some dumplings. Kyuhyun sat beside me. “Make it 20 please.” I gave him a weird stare and he raised his eyebrows in response. “What?”

 

I chuckled and picked up a stick and was about to eat it before someone texted me on my phone.

 

From: Siwon-oppa :)

To: Soo

Message: Soo, We’ll be around the festival for the whole day. Text me if you and Kyuhyun would want our company ^^

 

I immediately closed my phone. I don’t whether I’m disgusted or I just hate Siwon-oppa for rejecting me. I pretended to not notice the message and continued on eating my dumplings. Kyuhyun, being the Kyuhyun he is; noticed this.

 

“What’s wrong?” he asked getting a stick of dumpling.

 

I knew he expected me to react about him getting “my” dumplings but I didn’t. I glanced at him but not moving my head. “Nothing” I said and continued chewing my food. I gave him a stern look. I don’t really know what to feel right now. All I know is that I lost my mood ages ago. Ugh… This . Why do I have to see Siwon-oppa in this kind of place? It’s such a bad timing. Especially when I told Kyuhyun that I have to spend this day with him. Curses this… I thought to myself.

 

Unknowingly; I have been creasing and furrowing my eyebrows as I evaluated my thoughts and this (of course) caught Kyuhyun’s attention. “Hey…”

 

I wonder how Siwon-oppa and Tiffany-unnie are doing. Sigh. I wonder what it would be like if I was the one together with Siwon-oppa… (A heavier) SIGH… I ignored and shook the thoughts away as I heard Kyuhyun raising his voice at me. I honestly didn’t hear him. Guilt came running in and I instantly tried to forget the thought away. “Mhh?” I looked up to him from my dumplings.

 

“Are you fine?” Kyuhyun held out his palm to my forehead.

 

“Yeah, I am. Thanks.” I said, snapping his hand away from my forehead.

 

Kyuhyun’s expression immediately changed. I have no idea why. He gave out a soft giggle before clearing his throat as he turned to face me. “You really aren’t over Siwon yet? Are you…?”

 

 

I was shocked by his statement. Err. His question. I shrugged and shook my head in response. “This guy…” I began. “I thought I told you already that I don’t like Siwon-oppa like that anymore.” I hissed myself at the idea.

 

“Really… Then why getting so caught up?” he smirked.

 

“Shut up.”

 

Really. I don’t understand Kyuhyun at all. First he tells me he likes me then teases me that I still like Siwon-oppa. Aissh! Do you really like me Cho Kyuhyun?! Because! Ugh… Darn…

 

“Hey, Let’s go over there!” Kyuhyun stood up grabbing me by the arm. “I want to try that thing!”

 

I let him drag me where he was interested at. We arrived at a shooting booth. “Hello.” said the Ahjusshi. “Do you want to try?” he said politely lending Kyuhyun a toy gun. “You should at least shoot three running horses in order to win a prize. Shoot five; get a teddy bear.”

 

“Ok!” Kyuhyun replied enthusiastically. He placed the gun properly and sighted his target. “Sooyoung… If I’ll get five of the running horses, you get the prize okay? But I get something in return okay?” he said as he turned to me before aiming on the gun again. I stood behind him.

 

Something in return? Psh… no thanks… I’ll rather eat something than that teddy bear—Omo!

 

“Aaah!!! It’s so cuuute! “ I gave out a squeal as Kyuhyun handed me his prize- a very cute pink teddy bear. It was quite big and it has the same hair as him as well. I gave out a giggle as I smiled to his direction. “Thank you Kyuhyun-ah!” I turned and looked for something fun to do.

 

“Sooyoung!” Kyuhyun called me from behind.

 

“What?” I turned to him trying to maintain my mood.

 

“It’s the first time…”

 

“First time? Of what?” I asked him getting closer to him.

 

“You called me Kyuhyun-ah…”

 

I giggled a bit even though it was hardly a joke. “Why? Am I not allowed to call you without any formalities? Come on! I saw a mysterious booth over there! Let’s go!” we walked towards the booth. This time, it was me to grab his arm and lead him to our destination.

 

 

Time passed by quickly as Kyuhyun and I went from one booth to another and just feel the warmth of each other’s company in the middle of winter. Kyuhyun had gotten me three teddy bears already. I got him a ticket to an arcade zone in the mall.

 

Kyuhyun held one teddy in each of his hand and I carried the first one he gave me earlier. It was already four in the afternoon and we decided to check up on Taeyeon-unnie. We walked towards the car and before I could open the door Kyuhyun’s phone was ringing.

 

Kyuhyun got the two teddy bears inside the car and studied the caller on his phone. “You go inside the car first Sooyoung… I have to answer this.” I nodded hesitantly.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Hello! Hi! Hello! I'm so depressed right now T.T I hope that you'll enjoy this chapter! So depressed right now!!!! >-<  kekeke... Anyways! I'm so happy that more are subscribing to my story! I can't believe this! I never thought that I would be getting 40+ subscribers before I end! Woohoo!!! Hooray for me!!! :)) And thank you so so so so so much as well!!! XD Thanks to those who have been loyally reading and commenting my fic! I won't let you down I promise!!! XD Anyways! Enjoy the chapter! Still more to come so please wait! XD Thanks again! :))