Chapter 22: Meeting the Cho Family

What Were the Odds?

 

“Hello… My name is Choi Sooyoung…” I shrugged as Kyuhyun pulled the chair for me to sit. I am currently sitting in front of Kyuhyun’s whole family who just happened to return from the States- his mother and “stepsister” that is.

How in the world did I end up in this situation?! CHO KYUHYUN YOU ARE SO DEAD!!!!

“You how long do you know Kyuhyun?” Madam Cho – I presume; asked me after taking a sip of her coffee.

I felt Kyuhyun kick me gently under the table. I straighten up at his reaction.

“We’ve known each other for a while mother.” Kyuhyun answered for me.

“Oppa… How is Ara-unnie by the way?” Yoona interrupted smiling cutely.

“She’s been busy with the shop. And the shop by the way is getting more and more costumers. It’s getting more and more popular.” Kyuhyun said proudly glancing at me checking at how Im catching up.

“She could have been a better doctor.” Madam Cho shrugged.

“Mother… We have discussed about that matter remember?” Kyuhyun almost raised his voice at his own mother. Kyuhyun sat back down comfortably before an intense silence covered us.

I checked my phone to see the time. Nine- forty five. It’s late. I kicked Kyuhyun’s leg under the table but considering Kyuhyun’s unchanged expression, I came up with the conclusion that I kicked the wrong leg. Yoona- who was sitting next to Kyuhyun- turned to me with her cute doe-like eyes.

“Uhm… Mother, father, oppa… It’s getting late… Don’t you think that Soo-unnie should get going?” Yoona suggested. Wow! She read my mind! I love you Yoona!

Kyuhyun stood up grabbing my hand and Yoona followed. “Oppa, I’m coming with you.”

“No,” Kyuhyun answered directly. “I’ll be staying somewhere else. I’ll return tomorrow.” Kyuhyun said coldly. Yoona sat down agape at Kyuhyun’s sudden change of mood.

“Kyuhyun… Return tomorrow okay? Tell Ara that we have returned as well.” Madam Cho ordered Kyuhyun before we completely disappeared from their sights.

 

Inside the car; it was again an awkward silence. Kyuhyun seemed to be really affected by his mother’s comment on his sister. By the looks of it, he hasn’t recovered yet. “Kyuhyun… Are you okay?”

“Do I look like I’m okay?” he said faking a chuckle before setting his eyes on the road again.

“Sorry…” I said lowering my voice.

“Sorry…” he retorted. “I should have never brought you to my place. My mother’s and sister’s arrival was really a mistake. I didn’t know that they’d be coming back tonight. So, I’m so sor…”

“What are you saying that for? Your sister is quite the charm although your mother is a little bit scary. Your father seems to be nice as well… Well… at least you have a family…” I smiled at him. He pulled the car to a stop outside the road.

“I’m sorry…” Kyuhyun embraced me tightly.

“Why are you saying sorry? You never did anything…”

“I did… a lot…”

Well, for one thing your father did compare me to that Seohyun girl. Your mother almost scared me  to death. And your sister almost gave me a heart .

“Well…” I pulled away from his hug. “For one thing you did forget about my dinner.” I smiled at him sheepishly. He chuckled in response. “Don’t worry, Hyoyeon fed me earlier.” I continued.

“Let’s eat…”

 

(Back at the apartment…)

“Where have you been?” Taeyeon-unnie crossed her arms exasperatedly. We arrived back at home two hours later.

“So have you met my dad Sooyoung? How is he?” Ara-unnie called out from the bathroom.

“Well, first of all… Earlier this day, an angry midget came barging in the shop and accused me for stealing her boyfriend who happens to be Sungmin. Kyuhyun hear, magically appeared to my rescue and eventually dragged me to their place which happens to be a very big mansion. And…” before I could even continue Kyuhyun went out of the apartment leaving a loud slam on the door.

“Oh, yeah… I didn’t know you had a stepsister Ara-unnie…”

“Step…sister?” Ara-unnie gave me a puzzled look upon emerging from the bathroom door into the living room.

“Yeah… Yoona, and man was she pretty or what?” I shrugged and sat on the cold floor. “Your father was really fine although your mother seems to be a little intense and well…pretty much REALLY scary.”

Ara-unnie froze as I spoke my sentence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“They never told me as well you know… I was shocked as much as you were…” Kyuhyun said calmly as he sat on his sister’s chair. It was twelve midnight but both Cho’s decided to have a little chat concerning the events that happened earlier. They sneaked out of the apartment while Sooyoung and Taeyeon were fast asleep. Considering the privacy they need, they drove to Ara’s coffee shop.

“Well, now what? Father called me earlier and begged for us to return but since mother is back what should we do?” Ara leaned before the office door as she saw her little brother’s face.

“You’re my noona… So you should tell me what to do.” Kyuhyun shrugged. “I don’t know with you but even before I found out about mother and Yoona’s arrival, I wasn’t planning to leave them.” Kyuhyun said his eyes glued on a small picture on his sister’s table.

“Have you really fell for Sooyoung that much?” Ara chuckled before completely entering her own office. She sat on the sofa few feet away from were Kyuhyun was sitting.

Kyuhyun didn’t reply instead he closed his eyes and let the silence drown him from the reality.

Cho Kyuhyun… What are you going to do now? Mother is never gonna give up on noona, she’ll never stop until we return to the mansion as well. But if we do return there, for sure it’s goodbye Seoul.

This is a problem… Come on Kyuhyun! Think!... Think!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw him rub his eyes as the rays of the dim sun passed through the windows of Ara-unnie’s office. When I woke up this morning, Ara-unnie wasn’t home and so was Kyuhyun.  I thought that Kyuhyun would be off to some bar or something but when I passed Ara-unnie’s shop, I saw his car and didn’t hesitate to enter.  (Well, I did go back to the apartment first and got him some warm food. ^^)

“Good Morning to you! Hey! Look! It’s the 19th of December… six days before Christmas Eve! Aren’t you excited?” I shot him those words unconsciously. He, on the other hand, gave me a puzzled and confused look before replying. “What are you doing here?”

I stood up from where I was sitting (secretly adoring the lines on his face). “Well, I noticed you driving off somewhere last night and I figured you and Ara-unnie went here. But I guess Ara-unnie didn’t.” I said, turning my back to him. “Oh, by the way! It’s the last day of School! Then it’s gonna be Christmas break! Kyaaa!! I can’t wait! I squealed in front of him.

“Will you please be quiet? Someone’s trying hard to sleep here!” Kyuhyun yelled while covering his face with his palms.

“Fine, fine, I’ll shut up now…” I said picking up the basket I left at the entrance of the door. “I made breakfast for you too!” I placed the basket on the table were Kyuhyun was trying to sleep.

“Yeah… Where is noona?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked the question raising his head from his palms.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Fine then…” 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Keke :) Well... I still have some surprises under my sleeves though... By the way, I'm taking university exams this Saturday, August 6; and Sunday, August 7. Please... Please do pray for me!!! XD Anywho... Please this chapter as well :) Ima try to finish chapter 23 today as well okay? So please wait! Oh, Don't forget to comment and to those non-subscribers yet, please do subscribe!! XD Kamsam^^