Chapter 34: Four Days Before Christmas

What Were the Odds?

 

 

“Good morning!” a brightly faced Taeyeon greeted me.

 

I was back in my room, covered with warm sheets and my hair a mess. I didn’t, I couldn’t remember last night. The last thing I remember was Kyuhyun driving and I… I was waiting to hear his answer… but to what?

 

Taeyeon-unnie went out of my room, happily humming a Christmas carol. I checked my watch and decided to get up already. 4 days until Christmas Eve. I wonder why he asked that. As I went out of my room, I observed silence and peace. I didn’t know but for a minute I loved and I realized how much I miss silence. Every time when Kyuhyun and the others were here, the living room was a mess. I was always cooking, Kyuhyun was sitting on the floor in front of his beloved Starcraft and Ara and Taeyeon-unnie would be talking beside the table. Sometimes, to get things more messy; Yuri and Hyoyeon would be secretly going through my stuff. I smiled to myself. Despite the fact that I missed the silence and the quietness of the place, I missed their faces. I missed them all. I missed him.

 

I continued on to the window located at our living room which was over looking the busy Christmas streets of Seoul. The air was cold but a little sun was shining from the east. I breathed exasperatedly and stayed there for a minute. It was not long after Taeyeon arrived with two mugs of coffee in each hand. She sat beside me and offered the coffee. Though not very noticeable, she had a warm smile on her face and that made me more comfortable and relieved.

 

We stayed silent for a whole ten-or-so-minute. Standing up, Taeyeon-unnie went to her room to get changed. She said Leeteuk-oppa asked her out again today.

 

Taeyeon-unnie got out of her room with a casual winter attire- skinny jeans paired with knee-high boots and a pick sweater above a red comfy blouse. A scarf I gave her on her 19th birthday also hung around her neck and she wore a beanie as well. Taeyeon-unnie turned for one more time before waving goodbye.

 

Silence. I proceeded to the kitchen feeling my growling stomach. It was so silent. Too silent. my eyes wandered around the walls of the apartment. I opened the fridge and stared at what’s left inside.

 

“Ah… That’s right… Eh?” I asked myself closing the fridge with a pack of milk. “Where’s Kyuhyun?”

 

I panicked immediately noticing only now that Kyuhyun and Victoria-unnie were missing. I ran towards my room and grabbed my vibrating phone. I absent-mindedly answered the call. “Hello?”

 

“Where are you? How many hours do you possibly want me to wait?” a familiar voice answered. Kyuhyun…?

 

“Uh…” I stopped at my tracks. “I’m inside the house. Where are you?”

 

“We’re going out today. You wanted to spend the remaining days before Christmas with me right?” he chuckled on the other line. I sighed in relief and grabbed my bathroom robe before entering the shower and bidding goodbye to the caller.

 

 

I ran out of the apartment complex a few minutes later. Coming out to the winter, I wore my usual winter attire. I saw Kyuhyun standing beside his red Ferrari and was smirking at the sight of me. “Yah… What took you so long?” his tone lively.

 

I smiled as I approached him. “Cho Kyuhyun… Where were you? I almost broke down and cried earlier! Aissh…” he chuckled at my statement.

 

“Well I’ll be… A crying pig? I’d love to see that…” he said teasingly before entering the car after I did. “So where are we off to today?”

 

I stared at him and gave him a nod. Then he stepped on the accelerator.

 

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I hid myself behind Kyuhyun’s arm as the actress of the movie turned to see the ghost.

 

“Why did you even agree to watch this movie?” Kyuhyun said looking down at me.

 

“I didn’t know that this movie was scary! I had no idea!” I said giving him a jab on his back. I heard him chuckle as I tightened my grip on his arm. “Really? You didn’t know? Or you just wanted to hide behind my back just so you could hug me?”

 

This guy! Really! Ugh!  I sat up straight and tried to watch the movie. But then again… “AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!” I screamed together with the crowd. Kyuhyun then suddenly hugged me gently. His hand gripped my arm. “Just hide until the movie ends. Better yet, you sleep.”

 

I poked his cheek and he looked down. I could sense that he was scared too but he wasn’t showing it to me. His irritated expression kind of bothered me but then he spoke, “Sleep already… I’ll be right here.”

 

“Thanks”

 

 

“Wow! Wow!” I said as Kyuhyun won another round of arcade. “Do you really play this everyday?”

 

“Not just everyday! Every time!” Kyuhyun answered me without even taking his eyes off of the game. Of course, arcade IS his first love after all.

 

 

The sky turned to black too quickly that I didn’t notice that I was hungry. I asked Kyuhyun to go to our favorite place for dinner and without second thoughts, he of course agreed.

 

“Three bowls of bulgogi! And I would like to have some of your barbeque as well! Thank you Ahjumma!” I clasped my hand together happily. He was giggling and chuckling to.

 

“Soo… three nights after tonight will be Christmas Eve. What’s your first wish?” he asked suddenly as he gave the menu to the Ahjumma.

 

I paused for a moment to think of my question. “Mmmhhhhhhhh… I wish that this year’s Christmas would be a blast. Only memories of joy and not sadness. I gave him a smile and he in response, showed off his captivating and assured smile.

 

 

We continued on with our dinner and headed back to the apartment complex. He bid me goodbye as I got out of the car. Guess, he’s not staying here again tonight. I sighed and walked into the building. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Another update! A long one as well! :) kekeke.... Sorry if the counting of dates is wrong! XD Anyways, please your comments behind! God bless <3 

 

SNSD fighting!!!