Chapter 8: Curiosity

What Were the Odds?

I swallowed my throat in excitement. I did not know what he was going to say. My heart throbbed as I waited. What could it be? Oh my—

 

“Stop staring at me like you’re gonna eat me okay?” Kyuhyun said directly.

 

…. WHAT THE CRAP!!!...Well at least it was nothing to worry about though… I gave out a long sigh relieved of what he said.

“Yah… Do I even stare at you?” I said getting confused.

 

He hissed and took a sip from his mug. “As if you don’t. at the first night we met, you thought I was sleeping. And then when I saved you from those erts. And then… now”

 

I jolted back to his statement. “Ha? Really? You think I was staring at you now? Well sorry I was looking at the” I trailed off and thought for some excuse.

 

I don’t see anything else besides him. “I was looking at the snow! The snow kept on falling behind you. It’s so nice.” I sighed again.

 

He grinned at my excuse and took another sip. “It’s okay… Just don’t fall in love with me too fast.”

 

“YAH! THE ODDS OF ME FALLING IN LOVE WITH YOU IS DEFINITELY SERO-TO-ONE!” I retorted.  Aissh. This guy. What a confidence. Pssh. I thought to myself again.

 

“Really…” I heard him mumble.

 

 

After the party, for the first time since we met, I and Kyuhyun were at the same boat. Both our unnie and noona were totally drunk. We got to the apartment quickly. I took Kyuhyun’s car with the drunken Taeyeon-unnie and he took his noona’s car with his noona; drunken as well.

 

Kyuhyun and I parked in front of the apartment building and both got the drunken sisters to our apartment. “Aissh!” we said in unison after putting them down on the bed. Ara-unnie will be sleeping at Taeyeon-unnie’s bedroom while their stay here.

 

“Looks like you’ll be staying here for quite a longer time.” I said as I went through the foods inside the refrigerator. After the meal ended at eight, I haven’t eaten. Gaah… I feel like I could eat someone! I touched my stomach feeling it growl for another moment.

 

“You’re hungry again?” Kyuhyun said while fixing the wires of his video games.

 

“You’re playing again?” I back still scribbling inside the fridge. “Aissh… Nothing’s good to eat here.” I opened the hanging cabinet just centimeters away from the fridge. I saw instant noodles and knew that I should instantly (and secretly) cook it while the guy is busy with his games.

 

I tried my best not to make any much sound and got the pot ready. “Leave some for me then” Kyuhyun ordered. He was focusing on his game but he still knew what I was up too. Being the good girl I am, I opened another two instant noodles making it five all. I could have eaten all five by myself. I sobbed while pouring the hardened noodles to the pot of boiling water.

 

 

A few minutes later and we were eating hot noodles in the middle of our living room. he managed to resist his games and ate together with me. After we finished our shares, he immediately went back to his video games without any intentions in helping me with the dish. One minute he was nice and now his as lazy as a pig. I thought to myself while piling the bowls in the sink.

 

“Aissh… Rich people…” I mumbled hoping he wouldn’t hear.

 

Fortunately he didn’t seem to hear… “What did you say you pig?” or so I thought.

 

“N—nothing…” I said cleaning the final bowl and placing it on the rack.

 

I gave out a stretch before heading to my room. I didn’t bother saying ‘goodnight’ to the guy since I know he won’t return my greeting. I checked the time and it was already nine thirty. I went to my room and changed. I went back outside to get my cell phone inside… my…bag.

 

Kyaaaa~! Where the heck is my cell phone?!

 

I checked my bag again, this time pouring all the things inside; lip gloss, powder, music player, notepad, ball pen and a hanky. No phone. Kyaaaa~! My phone!

 

I went to get my jacket and immediately went outside wearing my sleeping attire. Good thing I did my laundry last Saturday, I sighed. I was wearing a thin shirt under my jacket and some warm cotton pants. I got my shoes on and the last thing I heard was Kyuhyun shouting at me. “Yah… Where are you going?!”

 

I walked alone to the shop and remembered where I placed my phone. The Kitchen! I snapped. I continued walking until I reached the shop. Oh dear. How smart am I!? How smart you are Choi Sooyoung!? I hit my head slightly and returned from where I was.

 

A familiar red car stopped in front of me when I got some feet from the shop. I heard a slam on the door and an uneasy Kyuhyun went out. “YAH… WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? GOING OUTSIDE AT THIS TIME ALONE?!”

 

I felt a little guilty and bit my lip. Before I could reason out Kyuhyun showed me my phone. “You were looking for your phone? You left it in my car.” He threw me my phone and went inside his car with a ‘get in’.

 

I hurriedly opened the door and sat beside him. “Sorry…” I whispered hoping that it was loud enough.

 

“Don’t do that again… going out at night all by yourself.” Kyuhyun said not taking his eyes off the road.

 

I shook my head. This guy… Why did it bother him so much?

 

“Kyuhyun… Why were bothered that much? I said I was sorry. Try and calm down a bit.” I said with a guilty tone in my voice.

 

 

The night ended without an answer to my last question. Upon arrival at the apartment, Kyuhyun directly curled into a ball under the sheets of blanket prepared for him. I went inside my room without any other words and curled into a ball myself. But curiosity kept me from sleeping. What’s it with that guy? I apologized and yet he didn’t answer. I asked why and still no answer… I sighed as I shook the thought off of my head. I was exhausted. So I needed sleep.

 

The next thing I knew it was morning already.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Sorry for this chapter. I was kind of angry while writing it...