Chapter 21: An awful Confession

What Were the Odds?

 

“You never told me you could play the piano…” Kyuhyun said as he entered the room.

“Well, Sungmin taught me some pieces but I don’t really try to remember it by heart. It just comes out naturally…” I said giving him a smile.

“Oh… okay…”

“Sorry…”

He nodded. I sat beside him on his bed. The atmosphere is colder now. It’s already eight in the evening. The ticking of the clock on his wall made me think of how fast it took me to like him. I tried to think of a topic to converse but nothing would come out of my tongue tied mouth.

After a few minutes of drowning silence, I took a deep breathe and thought of a good way to start a conversation. “Hey…” I started. “I know this sounds weird but we’ve known each other for like how many weeks and well, you and I are in a very unexplainable situation. That’s not the point though…”

“Then what’s the point?” Kyuhyun asked as he faced me and gave me an evil grin.

“Uhm…” I scratched my head thinking of a way to escape the embarrassment. “Well, we never had a picture of the both of us together.” I said, obviously blushing like a crazy over-ripe tomato.

“Sure…” he got out his cellphone and placed it in front of us. We got closer to each other and he took one shot. Satisfied with the outcome, he closed his phone.

Oh come on! What the heck is that about?!

“I want a copy to!” I said trying to grab my phone. “Here!” I said as I flipped my phone open. He got closer to me as I pressed the capture button. I looked at the picture and shrugged. This is the same pose… this guy… Aissh… “Another one!”

“We have two copies already!” he quarreled.

“Please!” I begged with my aegyo. Eventually he gave in and we agreed on doing different pose this time. Again, I pressed the capture button.

“Again! Look at your eyes! You look like you’ve seen a ghost!” he shrugged. “Last try! Please!”

As I placed my phone upfront, I felt his body extremely close to mine which made me shiver. His hand slowly went through my waist and stayed there. I tried to ignore the position but it was… just too close…

“Click it already…”

“Uhm… Kyu…hyun…too…close…” I said, stammering. He pulled his hand but not too far. I focused on the lens and gave a peace sign on the other hand.

“Okay… One… Two… “

“Three…” he continued the counting for me and “Click!” there goes my first kiss.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted.

He sat back at his bed as I pushed him aside. Kyuhyun had a grin on his face as I covered my face. The cellphone slipped through my hand after the picture. I froze up shocked at what he did. My face was turned from over-ripe tomato into a over-ripe hot pepper. I couldn’t believe this guy! I hate him!!!

After saying the “three” word, he poked my cheek which caused me to look at him and there. He suddenly gave me a peck on the lips. I definitely didn’t know why he did that but that wasn’t really the pose I was looking for.

Kyuhyun was silent at my reaction. Heck! Speak up already so I could beat you up! He stood up and picked up the phone. He gave me the phone and pocked my RED forehead before engulfing into a stare at my cutely-red-face.

“What’s wrong?”

“WHAT IN THE WORLD DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?! $#^%!?!?!?! CHO KYUHYUN YOU ERT!!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU!”

“Really? You hate me?” Kyuhyun gave me that Im-sorry-I-promise-not-to-do-it-again look. Thank God Taeyeon-unnie does the same thing but I never give in.

“Shut up…” I said. “I don’t like you right now…” I continued as I stepped away from him.

Before I could even continue on my long speech I have prepared in mind Kyuhyun pulled me directly into a hug. My heart didn’t react directly but I’m pretty sure it’s feeling really numb right now. I didn’t bother to pull away from him which bothered me. I remained silent inside his long protective arms.  “I’m sorry… Okay… Don’t hate me anymore…” Kyuhyun whispered in my ear that gave me the shivers.

“You’re so annoying do you know that?” I said remaining in my position.

“I know that… I like to annoy people… Especially to those whom I like…” he chuckled before loosing his grip.

“You’re annoying… That’s a good thing…” I said standing up. “You make me alive every time…”

 I gave him a smile and proceeded back to his living room. There were some pictures hanging on the wall. I couldn’t help myself but notice. “Hey! Kyuhyun! Who’s this?” I said while pointing at an attractive girl in a picture.

“Oh, that’s my teacher. She was my noona and my teacher. She lives in China but she visits here often.” He said as he stood beside the door.

I nodded and proceeded to another picture. The second picture though, Kyuhyun was with a very young girl; a cute and very pretty girl. “And this is?”

“Oh that?...”

“OOPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Wow. She’s pretty!

I saw Kyuhyun look down as the girl hugged him from the back. “Oppa, oppa! Did you miss me?”

Wait. Pretty as she can be, what is she doing with Kyuhyun? And… Oppa? Why in the world is she calling him oppa?! Is she THAT close to Kyuhyun?!! WAIT!! AM I?... Am I actually jealous of this?! Wake up Choi Sooyoung!

I gave my self an undeniably strong face palm. Kyuhyun and the “cute” girl stared at me at the sound of the slap. Before I could embarrass myself more, I gave an awkward smile towards them.

“Ah… Sooyoung… The girl in the picture is Yoona… She’s my stepsister. And well, here she is.” Kyuhyun said.

I nodded shamefully.

………………………………This is awkward……………………………

Okay. Let me explain this clearly. Kyuhyun is a boy who has a crush on me and is living with my unnie. He and his noona have been staying at our place for some time now and well I came to like him as well. He had a past girlfriend but she died. Now, I’m inside Kyuhyun’s amazingly big house and her undeniably cute stepsister magically appears.

………………………………………………

“Hi! I’m Choi Sooyoung!” I gave her my hand after having thrown my thoughts away. I smiled to her and she smiled back.

Okay… One thing you absolutely don’t know about me is that I like girls- at least I used to like them… Well, I don’t know if you can call me a lesbian but I am hoping that I am not. But with this (calling her pretty would be an understatement) beautiful girl standing in front of me, I am really melting like crazy.

“Hello… I am Yoona, once an Im and now a Cho…” she shook my hand and smiled back.

 

Omo. I am actually gonna die in front of them both if I don’t get some grip. Come on Choi Sooyoung! You can do this! And besides, Kyuhyun’s here so it’ll be fine!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: YES!!!!! Finally I updated!!! Whew! For how many years! I am so sorry for the VERY VERY late update! :D Anyway... I got everything planned already so sooner or later I might end this story. :) Well I just want to say thank you so much for all those who commented and subscribed and read my story :) Anyway, I'll post chapter 22 as well :D