Chapter 36: Questions

What Were the Odds?

 “Konichiwa!” two of the workers greeted us as we entered the shop. The inside of the restaurant was far from what I expected. The lights were dim and only a few workers were on duty. The two workers were very pretty and if you ask me, I would tell that they were sisters.

 

“Hi, I’m Jessica and this is Krystal, we will be serving you today.” Both of them bowed at us and instantly gave us the menu. I grabbed the menu feeling my stomach growl again. Kyuhyun stared at me and signaled the blonde-hair Jessica.

 

She went of the back of the restaurant and a few moments later, she went back with a bouquet and a pink box. “Sorry for the delay Kyu… I didn’t know you will be coming sooner.” Jessica muttered as he gave the items to Kyu. She then signaled Krystal who was standing beside me, basically waiting for my order.

 

Both of them bowed at us again and headed off their way leaving me and Kyuhyun alone. “Thanks Sica.” Kyuhyun stared at the girl.

 

Kyuhyun placed the bouquet and the pink box aside. He stared at Sooyoung before raising his right hand. He snapped his fingers and out came the employees with a cart of food.

 

I couldn’t help but gasp at the wonderful and delicious-looking sight. “Kyaa!~ This is heaven! Thanks Kyuhyun-ah!” I manage to say. Three seconds later, I was at the verge of ripping those yummy foods and shredding them into my tummy.

 

The fat guy holding a hand on the cart’s handle- the head chef I presume – smiled before “presenting” his works of art. “I am Shindong and coming here will never be a regret!” he smiled as he uncovered the dishes one by one.

 

I could feel my saliva falling out of the curve of my lips. I haven’t made a Japanese banquet before! Being a culinary arts student, it would be a good experience to taste it first!

 

 

An hour passed and Kyuhyun finished his part of the meal while I… I got a few or more seconds than I thought I could handle. Anyways, Kyuhyun is the best. I should really spend more time with him so I can always get free meals… I gave myself a smirk at the idea.

 

By the time the table was cleaned and Kyuhyun was I think prepared enough for what he has to say, he cleared his throat and gave me a sullen look. He got the bouquet and the pink box and handed it over to me. “I’m not gonna say this again and I don’t want to beat around the bushes as well, since there’s no more time left… Sooyoung… you know from the very first time we met that I like you… and that I would do anything for you…”

 

I was speechless and at that very moment, I don’t really know what was happening.

 

“Sooyoung! Please be mine!”

 

 

Kyuhyun closed his eyes shut, flushed red as he gave me the bouquet and the box. I hesitated to accept the present but I also remembered that earlier I gave my whole and full trust to him. But this situation is different… I… I… I don’t know… I’m afraid…

 

“Why?” I can only manage to ask him why. Why. Why.

 

“Why?” he repeated. “I don’t know myself. But ever since I got to know you, ever since you gave me those warm blankets that cold night, you were so kind to me. We might tease each other sometimes and you might sometimes go a little over board and I may as well but… Setting those likings and compliments aside, I don’t want to loose you! Not anymore! I don’t want to loose anyone anymore!”

 

“Eh..?” I was caught off guard. I’m not ready for this yet… I’m sorry… I like you but I’m sorry… “This? What is this?” I gestured towards the items.

 

“It was supposed to be for you but I guess you’re not taking them…”

 

“ANI!” Eh? “I like them a lot… Thank you for these flower Kyuhyun…” Choi Sooyoung?! What are you doing! Stop this instant! “Thank you for being there whenever I’m about to cry and thank you for being such an enjoyable friend…” No! Sooyounggie! STOP! “I won’t say I accept it this time but I will give you my answer when the time comes…” I gave him a re-assuring smile my eyes, half-filled with tears.

 

What the hell am I doing… If he likes me this much, I’m not sure if the like he’s meaning is still the like I’m willing to give… This is terrible… Kyuhyun will be hurt if I continue…

 

Kyuhyun faced towards me and gave me another sullen look. “Sooyoung… I don’t have enough time… Please answer me now…”

 

“Why? Why don’t you have enough time? Why? Are you leaving? You said you’d be right with me… Always…”

 

“Please Sooyoung… I want to hear your answer…”

 

“If you want your answer NOW then I’m afraid I can’t give you that… I like you Kyuhyun… You know that… But if the like you’re giving me is far more beyond than the like I’m willing to give then…”

 

“I’ll wait…”

 

“Eh?”

 

“I can… But you’ll have to promise me now, that you can wait… You can wait as well for me…” Kyuhyun was desperate for my answer. I can tell. But…

 

The restaurant fell silent as I heaved out yet another sigh. I don’t know what to do with the guy. “Fine… “I finally decided. “Kyuhyun-ah, I will wait… But tell me… Why do I have to wait?”

 

Kyuhyun fell silent at my question which was what I was expecting. I really don’t know whether this guy is keeping a secret from me or hiding something from me and Taeyeon-unnie. I bet Victoria knows that if ever there is a secret. I gave him a hostile stare as I waited for his answer.

 

“This is for you…” he said dryly.

 

“Yah… I was asking you a question. Answer me.” I said not withdrawing my stare from him.

 

“I can’t tell you right now…”

 

“But you said there isn’t enough time left so why not tell me now?” I’m getting impatient, desperate to put it more accurate. His not being straight-forward. Not the way I used to know him. If he’s not gonna tell me, I have to know it one way or another. “Kyuhyun… What are you hiding from me?”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't know what to write right now! My mind is so mixed-up!!! Sheeeesh......

Anyways, have you heard about Sooyoung's drama? Kyaaa!~ Me too, I can't wait! XD XD XD I'm sure she'll be great in the drama!

By the way, sorry for this "not-so-nice" update of mine... I'm really pre-occupied right now.... T-T Help me!!!!! Please help me! :/

Please enjoy this chapter even though it's not that nice.... T-T Please comment as well....!!!

And to the new subscribers! Thank you soooo much!~