Chapter 17: Bracelet

What Were the Odds?

 

The morning is cold. I covered my body with the blanket from last night. I stretched my body while feeling the comfort of my bed. I hit something above my head and noticed it was a box. I examined the box as I sat on my bed fixing my hair.

 

To:

From:

 

The names weren’t filled in. I wonder who it’s for and who it’s from. I wonder as I placed the box on the table beside my bed and I well, lay back down. Before I could even close my eyes, the door flew wide open with two very excited faces to greet me.

 

“Morning!” Yuri and Hyoyeon both exclaimed.

 

“Mor…ning?” I said confused. “How did you enter the apartment?” I asked them as they entered my room.

 

“We got spare keys remember? Changmin-oppa as well?” Yuri said as she showed me her spare key.

 

I gave them a weak laugh as I sneakily slid under the sheets to sleep back. “YAH! CHOI SOOYOUNG! We brought food if you want any cook for us.” Hyoyeon demanded.

 

Food. My Favorite Food. My one and only love.

 

I pouted my lips and agreed to them. We went outside my room for breakfast leaving the box behind.

 

I proceeded to the kitchen and Hyoyeon helped me unpacking the groceries while Yuri disappeared from my sight. I let her go. She’s always like that. Being the dorky and weird and funny friend she is, I let her go through my private stuff and well, mostly anything inside the apartment.

 

I turned the stove on and placed the pot filled with water. Hyoyeon started slicing the mushrooms and other spices. Yuri… Yuri…

 

I was going to get the morning paper when I noticed someone lying on the floor. Aah… My ‘favorite’ Cho Kyuhyun… I smirked and continued on before Yuri yelped from my room.

 

“Kyaaa~! What is this?!” Yuri said handing the box as she exited my room. Kyuhyun woke up and by the time he saw Yuri I was sure his eyes went like those unidentified flying objects. He stood up and stared at me.

 

“Yah… What is this?”

 

“They… they planned to surprise -- “

 

“I’m going if they’re not…” Kyuhyun immediately walked pass by me and went out.

 

I ignored him but couldn’t avoid the feeling of guilt from his tone. Maybe that was from him. I thought. Hyoyeon paused her slicing and went near Yuri. Yuri unwrapped the box and was going to open it before I stopped her.

 

“Don’t you think I should be the one to open that thing?” I said grinning at them. They just looked up at me and smiled sheepishly.

 

I got the box and sat between them. I opened the box slowly and finally saw a small silver bracelet inside.

 

“OMO!” Hyoyeon jolted at the beautiful jewelry. The three of us noticed our mouth hanging at the bracelet.

 

Yuri got the bracelet out and tried it on me. I stared at the bracelet on my hand. I smiled for a while and felt blood rush to my cheeks. Hyoyeon gasped at seeing my slightly flushed face. “OMO! Soo! You! You’re blushing!”

 

“What?!” Yuri shouted back. “Soo! You! You’re cheeks are red! You’re all over! “Yuri exclaimed as she pointed a finger to me. Both of their eyes were popping out of their little sockets. Seconds later they were teasing me A LOT, giving me no chance to explain or defend myself.

 

“Yah! Stop it you two!” I shouted back as they continued singing tunes.

 

“Kyuhyun and Sooyoung sitting on a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” they both sang repeatedly. I got the little box and got the bracelet off my wrist. I ignored them and placed the box under the table.

 

I proceeded to the kitchen and continued cooking. Hyoyeon did the same though she didn’t stop singing in different tunes. The pot was boiling so I had to finish it up already.

 

 

Just as when I was preparing the table. I saw Yuri grinning at me suspiciously. She slowly showed me the box with her tongue sticking out of . “Sooyounggie… hehe” she chuckled evil-ish-ly.

 

“YAH!” I said trying to get the box. Yuri ran away from me signaling a war. I gave a furious look. Urgh… I hate you Yuri-ah! Hate you so much! Making me more embarrassed! I chased her but to my dismay, I couldn’t catch up with her. She threw the box to Hyoyeon and Hyoyeon fortunately got it. I chased them both now. They know that raising the box higher would only mean trouble so they are now doing the only possible way to annoy me. Grrrrr…. I just hate these two.

 

At the time when Hyoyeon finally passed it to Yuri again, I grabbed a portion of the box knocking the bracelet out. The little piece of silver went flying out and as I reflex I grabbed it but both Yuri and Hyoyeon took me by my legs. I touched the bracelet but still it went out of my reach.

 

The next thing I knew I was below Yuri and Hyoyeon who both seemed to be in awe of something. “Yah! Get off of me!” both of them listened and got off of me.

 

The little bracelet, Kyuhyun’s first gift to me besides the barbeques he have treated me. It was broken.

 

Omo…

 

“Sooyounggie… Sorry…” I heard Yuri say in a very low and weak voice.

 

“Sooyounggie… We didn’t mean—“

 

“No, it’s okay. It was my fault anyway…” I somehow wanted to cut her sentence off. Darn. Why did it have to fall? I felt a little pain on my chest as guilt tried to eat me.

 

Ah! Sungmin! He knows how to do stuff like these! I’ll go find em!

 

I immediately grabbed the broken bracelet and went off the apartment leaving the two clueless. “Eat breakfast without me! I’ll be right back!”

 

 

After hours of calling him on his phone, I finally got to see Sungmin. I pleaded him to do his best in fixing the little bracelet. Why?

 

Why am I acting this way? What is this? I felt a slight throb on my chest.

 

Every now and then I would always notice myself asking the same question again and again.

 

 

3:00pm. I opened the door of the apartment and saw a very frustrated Kyuhyun. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: LOL! After how many years I finally updated!!! Weeeeeeeeee~ I'm taking an exam soon so please pray for me! Kamsam^^ Enjoy this LATE chapter guys!