Chapter 16: Box

What Were the Odds?

As I closed my prayer, I saw him smiling at me. He giggled a little and then made a sullen face.

 

“Yah…”I said embarrassed of what I just said. He raised his eyebrows and stuck out his mouth. He smiled cutely and started eating.

 

WE started eating.

 

 

After dinner I washed the dishes and well usually, Kyuhyun returned to his videogames. After washing the dishes, I went to sit beside him and watch him play. He managed to ignore for the first few minutes but then he turned off his videogame. He sat down in front of me and well, shocked me basically.

 

“YAH… WHAT ARE YOU DOING?” I said.

 

He gave me a sullen stare and kept quiet. As each passing second, his face was leaning closer and closer. “YAH…!” I shouted stepping backwards.

 

He sat back straight again and gave out an evil chuckle. “You know, you’re really cute.”

 

Blood came rushing through my face right away. I covered my face as I curled into a ball. He laughed again. STUPID KYUHYUN! AISSH!

 

“YAH!” I stood up getting really annoyed. “Will you quit it?!” I sat back and he made a very serious face.

 

“You know… I could be really erted sometimes…”

 

“YAH!” I stood up again. “I’m going out! Sheesh… I’ll be walking just around the block so don’t follow me!” I went out of the apartment and entered the elevator.  I hissed and leaned on the wall of the elevator.

 

I couldn’t believe him! Saying stuff like those! Argh! I… Hate… Him… I really… Hate… Him… I talked to myself inside the elevator. Why did God even sent him to me?! Argh! I’m going crazy because of him! Not to mention being alone with him for the remaining three days! Kyaaa~! I covered my ear and shouted at the top of my lungs.

 

The next thing I knew, my heart was beating like hell. All his expressions came rushing back. His words flooded my memory and his sweet voice echoed through my ears.  I hate this! I REALLY, REALLY HATE THIS!!!

 

 

I went out of the building and walked towards the park just around the corner. I had to have some alone time with myself! I just got to. My mind is freaking out. Even my heart. I paced slowly as I covered myself with my arms. The snow is getting thicker and it’s getting colder. The park was void and I could not see anyone or anything around except for a familiar car parked beside a tree. Siwon… Oppa… I thought.

 

I paused, hesitating to continue on. Just great! Just when I needed to be with myself! Argh! Gosh! I hate this! I shook the thought away and continued. I walked pass by the tall slim guy who was sitting on a bench under the tree in the middle of the snowy park. I pretended not to notice him but he noticed me first hand.

 

“Soo…” he said, looking up to me. I almost ignored him but failed on my attempt. I stood there dumb-founded looking at Siwon-oppa. “Please… Come here…” he said.

 

My legs were somehow walking on their own and I just couldn’t stop. I neared him and he patted his side for me to sit on. I had no choice so I sat beside him.

 

“Soo… I’m sorry…” Siwon-oppa started off looking far away.

 

I raised my eyebrows in confusion and stayed quiet. This is not gonna be a good night for me. I sighed and continued to wait for his further statement. “I told you that you’re like a sister.” He said giving off a weak smile.

 

I was taken aback by his sentence. What is this? My heart… It’s numb… how? But this is Siwon-oppa? I’m not feeling anything… at… all… my eyes obviously rounded up at the feeling. I felt my chest with my right hand as Siwon-oppa continued.

 

“I don’t want you to leave me…” I froze at his last words.

 

WHY ARE YOU TELLING ME THIS OPPA?! WHY NOW?! I debated myself to him inside my confused head. I couldn’t believe him. After rejecting me? I stayed quiet and he continued on. “I confessed to Tiffany and she said yes.”

 

WHAT… He said it with a… smile? So he loves her after all… I thought to myself as I tighten up the grip on my chest. My heart sank in an instant. My tears were making their way out of my eyelids but I resisted them from falling. Siwon-oppa leaned on my shoulder and I couldn’t do anything but to pat him back and support him.

 

I’m done… I thought for a moment as he rested his head on my shoulder silently. I couldn’t do anything now. I knew that from the very instant I saw Tiffany smiled at him.

 

I’m looking for something yet I don’t know what. I couldn’t actually like Kyuhyun back just because Siwon-oppa rejected me. That’s a lame excuse.

 

I gave myself a weak smile and closed my eyes. I hugged him lightly and my tears fell down instantly.

 

Goodbye… My Siwon-oppa…

 

 

The next thing I knew, I was back at the apartment; Kyuhyun who is sitting in the living room noticed my weak atmosphere and asked me with a curios but calm face.

 

“So? What happened?”

 

His words didn’t seem to register on my head so ignored him. I walk pass by him and went inside my room. I changed into my night dress and curled into a ball in the middle of my bed. I had every intention in sleeping immediately when Kyuhyun shouted from outside.

 

“YAH! CHOI SOOYOUNG! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO JUST LEFT WITHOUT A WORD AND NOW YOU ARE IGNORING ME WHO IS VERY MUCH ‘WORRIED’ ABOUT YOU?! Aissh… This girl, really…” I heard him hiss. Still though, I settled myself making me feel more comfortable on my bed; I ignored him.

 

Small tears were irresistible to fall so I let them. I closed my eyes and buried myself inside my thick blanket.

 

***

The hanging light on the ceiling made Kyuhyun remember of what he was suppose to do. He stood up and got his coat from the hanger. A small box wrapped in blue paper.

 

Kyuhyun silently paced towards Sooyoung’s room. He stood at the door for a moment and stared at the sleeping beauty. He gave himself a smile as he enjoyed the view. He went towards her and kneeled down beside her. He touched her face gently and placed the small box beside Sooyoung’s head.

 

“You know… I was gonna tell you that I like you… Again… but, you seemed so hopeless and broken after talking to Siwon…” he trailed off tracing the small invisible lines on her face. “I hate to see you sad…” he paused again curving his lips. “I…” he stammered. “I… I am not gonna tell it to you but I’m gonna show you how I feel…” he stood up and walked away.

 

“It’s up to you to decide whether to like it back or not…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Mianhe for the VERY LATE Update!!!! Please enjoy this one! and also, classes are starting soon so i will be updating maybe once a week... :'< Please bear with me...