Chapter 19: Boyfriend

What Were the Odds?

 

The night outside was cold. I wore my favorite sweater and followed Kyuhyun to his car. The slow was getting colder and colder. I shrugged myself as I settled on the passenger seat and as Kyuhyun the engine.

 

“Where are we going?” I said. Kyuhyun didn’t answer directly instead he pulled out of the parking lot first and gave me a grin.

 

“I’m hungry, I want to eat.” He then smiled to me before setting his eyes on the snowy road.

 

After what I said earlier, definitely, I couldn’t speak up anymore to him. An awkward silence covered us. I looked at my phone and saw Taeyeon-unnie’s message on the screen.

 

From: Taeyeon-unnie

To: Sooyounggie^^

Message: Sooyounggie! How are you two doing there?! Can’t wait to see you again Soo! I bought lots of food for you!

 

My lips curled a little as I read the message. Kyuhyun noticed this and asked me. “Is that Siwon?”

 

“Ah, no…” What the heck is this guy thinking, I just confessed to him and he is asking me if a message from Siwon-oppa is making me laugh now? Sheesh… “It’s from Taeyeon-unnie… She’s just checking up on us.”

 

“You know, it’s almost Christmas… I never really noticed…” I opened up a topic to converse to avoid the awkward silence after replying to Taeyeon-unnie.

 

“Yeah… How many days before the 24th?” he asked.

 

“12 days I guess…”

 

He nodded before stopping the car in front of an Italian restaurant. He went out of the car first before opening my door. I followed him inside and the staff greeted us respectfully or rather him respectfully. “Good evening Mr. Cho,”

 

Wow… His family must own this restaurant as well. I whispered beneath my breath.

 

“Come on…” I heard him say to me. He lends out a hand but hesitating to accept it, I ignored it instead.

 

 

After a spoonful of Italian cuisines, Kyuhyun and I decided to take walk. Even though it’s snowing beside the Han River, it was still wonderful to take a walk especially with a person you can trust.

 

Aish… I wish I didn’t say awkward things earlier! The atmosphere is weird right now! I muttered to myself as we begin to walk. It has only been a few days since I met Kyuhyun and yet, I told him I like him. But….

 

 

“Hey, do you like me because Siwon-sshi rejected you or---?

 

“Stop that… I don’t like it when someone asks me those kinds of questions…” I said, cutting him off. It’s true though, I don’t like it. Taeyeon-unnie may do that to me but she’s an exception to the rule. I noticed Kyuhyun looking from afar but I didn’t want to disturb his thoughts as well so I ignored him instead. I saw a fish ball stand near by and wanted to have some so I grabbed Kyuhyun by the arm and ran towards the stand.

 

“Ahjusshi! Two sticks of fish balls please!” I said to the old guy.

 

“Hey, what about me?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Well, you can eat too you know, that’s why I ordered two.” I gave him a smile as I made the number-two sign with my fingers. He laughed and raised an eyebrow.

 

“So, you’re gonna eat only one?” he asked in curiosity.

 

“Why? Is it so bad to find me eating only one stick of fish balls?” I shot him a look but even so, we ended up laughing.

 

After the fish balls I felt a little sleepy but Kyuhyun didn’t want to go home yet. We ended up walking beside the Hand River again. Every now and then he and I would try to start up a topic. And every now and then, he and I would fail to do so.

 

Another attempt from him came and I was surprised to hear what he had to say. “Do you really like me?”

 

“I said I don’t like being asked with these types of questions!” I hissed looking away. I definitely tried to make myself look annoyed. But with my acting I only got a chuckle in response. Gaaah! I hate him!!! I murmured under my breath. “Why do you keep on asking anyway? Didn’t you hear what I said earlier?!” I shouted at him playfully, trying my best not to blush in front of him.

 

Kyuhyun just smiled and chuckled and ruffled my hair making it look like a mess.

 

 

After the walk we finally decided to go back. (Well, I finally decided rather).

 

Coming out from the car, Kyuhyun immediately grabbed my hand. I could feel the blood rush through my cheeky skin. I couldn’t pull my hand away because of his power. “Yah! What the heck do you think you’re doing?” I gave him a look making him to stop for a moment.

 

“Holding your hand? Is it that not obvious for you not to know what I’m doing?” he gave me a grumpy look and continued on, dragging ME along with him.

 

“Yah! Stop it!” I shouted at him. “You’re hurting me!”

 

Kyuhyun let go of me after entering the elevator. What the hell is wrong with this guy? Urgh… He is literally making me want to punch his face. I stayed on the opposite side of the elevator glaring at him. At the time the elevator opened, I tried my best to scooter off before he could ma…nage…to…garb…my…hand… Unfortunately, he did manage. Urgh… Hate him!

 

I checked out the time and it was already nine in the evening. Well, I really didn’t notice it.

 

As Kyuhyun opened the door, two large bags met us in the hallway. Kyuhyun was still holding my hand oblivious to the fact that we may have unexpected guests.

 

As we entered the living room, hands intertwined, the two unexpected “guests” met us with eyes almost falling from their eye sockets. “OMO!” both of them said at the same time.

 

I immediately pulled my hand away, fortunately Kyuhyun was surprised enough to make him loose his strength.

 

Two grinning faces approached both Kyuhyun and I. I barely had the chance to run away.

 

“Unnie! How are you?”

“How was the trip?”

“Any good news?”

“Are you hungry?”

“Did you eat dinner already?” Kyuhyun and I diverted their attention.

 

…F.A.I.L…

 

Both unnies had smile on their faces while jumping up and down like little kids.

 

 

(While both Cho are sleeping)

It was eleven in the evening already and I’m finding it hard to sleep. I stayed out glaring at the snowy street of Seoul. Our room definitely has a good view. I hugged myself underneath the thick blanket that Kyuhyun gave to me before he slept.

 

Taeyeon unnie approached me with two mugs of hot coffee. She sat down beside me and gave me the other mug of coffee. “Do you really like Kyuhyun?” she said.

 

I had second thoughts on answering but since she is MY UNNIE, I guess I should tell her the truth. “I don’t like Kyuhyun just because Siwon-oppa rejected me. He just makes me feel happy.” I gave unnie a smile and she hugged me in return.

 

 

(The Next day… After work)

“Where is she?!” a little midget barged in the door of the shop. Changmin was standing behind her giving Sungmin some signals on I don’t know what. I was on my way to the kitchen when I Sungmin’s troubled face. “Wait… Sungmin! What’s wrong?”

 

“Hide Soo! Hide!” he told me before confronting the little girl. I popped my head out of the kitchen counter to see what was happening.

 

The little girl turned to my way and immediately she pointed to me with rage. “You! What were you doing at Sungmin’s apartment yesterday?! I saw you two with my own eyes! Don’t you dare lie to me you boyfriend snatcher you!”

 

 

WHAT? BOY…FRIEND…SNATCHER???

 

WTF!!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: OMO!!! I finally update for how many weeks!!! yay!~ so happy that you guys are loving my fic! please enjoy this chapter!