Chapter 32: The Remaining Four Days

What Were the Odds?

 

Clearly, everything was a mess. I stared at Kyuhyun who tucked his other hand in his coat while the other hand was holding a cup of hot coffee. We went to the park, walking in silence. The snow accompanied our steps as it started to fall continuously. I hugged my self with a scarf Kyuhyun bought for me just earlier.

 

I wasn’t used to this kind of treatment from Kyuhyun anymore. After everything that has been happening up until now. It seemed just so wrong…

 

“Kyuhyun…”

 

Kyuhyun jerked up looking at me his hands not moving from his coat. “Is there something---“

 

“How many days before Christmas eve? “ Kyuhyun suddenly cut me off; his mood, face and expression suddenly and completely changed. Now it was I who stuttered at his question.

 

“Uh—Uhm… Well, Mmmhhh…. Wait I think there are four days left?” I gave him a wary smile before nearing him as he gestured me to come to him. We sat at a bench overlooking the park’s main attraction- the fountains- but they weren’t working because of the snow.

 

“What do you want to do for the remaining four days?” Kyuhyun looked at me reassuringly. I blushed as I avoided his gaze. I looked down and played with my fingers instead. I placed the coffee down and hugged myself laughing. Now I couldn’t really understand where this is going! First he was all awkward and silent and intense and an hour later, he asks me random questions and I actually fall for it whole-heartedly… Aaaisssh! This guy… Really…

 

I settled myself and leaned against the seat with my arms. Almost forgetting his question I looked up at him and pretended as if I was thinking of an answer. “Mmhhh… I want to eat bulgogi, kimchi and hot dumplings with you…” I smiled sheepishly neglecting the fact that I absent-mindedly said ‘with you’ at the end. As I expected, Kyuhyun was a little bit surprised which made him widen his eyes and then turn to me.

 

“Haha… Don’t worry, I was only joking…” I blurted out absent-mindedly again.

 

“No. That’s fine…” he said, giving off a sly smile. He prompted for my hands which were covering myself because of the cold. “Sooyounggie… I promise you that I will give you the best meals you have ever had in your entire life everyday until December 25 comes.” Kyuhyun held my hands tightly and gently. His warm hands caressed mine and I felt that he was sincere.

 

“What’s this all of a sudden?” I asked ironically.

 

“My Christmas present to you… Since my mother did an impolite action, I’ll pay you back with your favorite food.” He smiled then pulled me for a hug. Okay… Could this day get any worse? Weird as it is, I liked the warmth coming from his clothing and wanted to stay there for a few more hours. But he cut the moment himself. “Promise me that you’ll spend the remaining four days with me no matter what?” he said making a pinky swear finger thingy.

 

I nodded enthusiastically and locked my pinky with his a form of promise.

 

 

After a few moments, we decided to leave for home since we’ll be spending a lot of time together for the next four days. I didn’t know why but I felt extremely happy as well. Even though I am this happy, there is still something that’s bothering me. As I settled on the passenger seat I gathered up my strength to ask my question earlier.

 

“Kyu… Why did your mother buy the apartment without you knowing? I was just curios… and to raise the price at that instant, you guys could loose some customers that way.” I said looking at him. He didn’t respond directly instead he laughed a bit before clearing his throat. “Well, my mother has been like that ever since they got married. To Ara-noona, to Yoona and me, she has been like that. She says that she only wants what’s best for us but she doesn’t even know the meaning of the word ‘best’. She plans something supposedly for our future and then announces it to us one day. But even though, we got used to it and just ignore it now.

 

Kyuhyun’s voice seemed to change as he answered my question. Now I was at the urge of asking him another question but I ended up forgetting about it. I gave out a sigh as I gave up. I know everything will be fine… Please let it be fine…

 

Before I let myself fall into sleep I peeked at Kyuhyun and managed to say something. “Kyuhyun-ah, you’re not going to leave me and Taeyeon-unnie right?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Kekeke.... Yeah... is it fine if i inserted a "little" just a little drama here? Anyways, another update from MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~~~ Honestly, I couldn't resist your comments that I want to update so bad even though I have a lot of school work to do... Hahaha~ You guys are amazing! Thank you! XD Anyways, thanks for the support and comments! You guys take care and God bless! XD

p.s. comment on this chapter as well... thanks !