Chapter 23: His other priorities

What Were the Odds?

 

“Oppa!” a cute squeal was heard right after the sounds of the chime attached to the door of the shop.

A cute doe-eyed girl emerged from the shop and entered the office. Kyuhyun’s expression well, was quite priceless- his eyes popping out from their sockets as if meat balls rolling off a plate. (Haha) Yoona wore a pink sweater matched with leather boots and a scarf around her neck. She gave out a very warm smile that despite the snow outside; her smile kind of brightened the atmosphere. Kyuhyun was still in the state of obliviousness and threw his head back to his palms.

I gave Yoona a smile and cutely, she returned it. “Unnie! What are you both doing here in Ara-unnie’s office? Why are you and Kyu-oppa alone? Is something the matter oppa?”

“Yoona… What are you doing here so early?” Kyuhyun ignored her pile of questions and asked her something instead.

“Unfair… You should answer me first!”

“Yoona…”

Yoona scratched as her brother’s voice changed. “Well… Ara-unnie came home yesterday… Mother and she were talking and well, I wanted to check up on you…” Yoona giggled.

“I’m not a kid anymore you know. And I am your oppa. Don’t you think it’s my job to check on you?” Kyuhyun went near Yoona and poked her forehead.

“But how can you check up on me when you’re not with me?”

“Well, I can’t go home yet and… I have other priorities…” Kyuhyun bent down to meet Yoona’s eyes and pointed at me. “Priorities like her…”

My heart almost skipped a beat when he glanced at me mischievously.

“Eh? Me… ME?” I stammered unable to react nonetheless.

Yoona squealed as she came near me dragging Kyuhyun’s hand. “Say, Unnie… Are you and my beloved brother here in some kind of special relationship?”

Kyuhyun let himself follow Yoona’s direction-towards me. He gave soft chuckles while taking glances every other second.

“Err…” I poked both of my index fingers together trying to avoid Yoona’s (asdfhjkh;j!@#_eiehf) eyes. “Uhm…”

“Yoona… Don’t pressure her… We are not in some kind of special relationship…” Kyuhyun said, saving me just in time. “But she did say that she likes me…”

“What?! I did? Pssh… When?” I said as I looked the opposite direction.

 “Kyaaaaa!~” Yoona squealed, her eyes forming like those of squealing anime characters in chibi form. Cute.

I tried to think of a new topic to start and walked immediately to the table opening the food I prepared for Kyuhyun. Well at least, it was supposedly for him.

“WOW! Food! Give me some! Can I have some unnie? Please! I’m starving!” Yoona ran towards me.

Grrooowwwwwwwwwl……

Oops! My bad! That was my mr. tummy.

“What was that?” Kyuhyun asked in between his chuckles.

“I haven’t eaten breakfast as well. That’s why I made three packs of rice balls.”

“Well… With you two around three packs wouldn’t be enough…” Kyuhyun sighed sheepishly.

“Huh?” I jolted him a look and he pointed directly to Yoona who was eating my babies. (And by babies I mean food).

“Unnie! Did you made all that? Wow! You’re a really good cook! That was delicious!” Yoona said while patting her thin tummy. All the rice balls are gone. So were the kimchi stew. I gave out a sigh.

“Well, Soo… Where do you want to eat breakfast?” Kyuhyun said while creeping behind me.

“Hey, don’t creep at me like that will you! You give me the shivers.” I said shrugging my shoulders and shooting him a look.

“Oppa! Oppa! Let’s eat at the chicken house I saw on the way here!”

Let’s? You mean she’s still hungry? I creased my eyebrows asking Kyuhyun mentally. Well, he got my message and in response he nodded. I almost dropped my jaw at the thought. Really?! I can eat 3 packs of ten rice balls but to top it off with another heavy meal?! WOW! She has a huge tummy for a very skinny girl!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mother… I’ll go. But leave Kyuhyun behind. I’ll finish my medicine course but you’ll have to leave the shop alone. Don’t lay a finger on the shop nor the workers there. I’ll leave first thing in the morning tomorrow so let Kyuhyun be.”

“I give you my word.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Soo!”

I raised my head to see Changmin-oppa in his “new” waiter uniform. We went to the placed Yoona wanted and well I ended up ordering twice the quantity of what she is having. She had a bowl of Chicken stew and I got myself two bowls of it and four dumplings. Kyuhyun…. Well, he had a bowl of some tasty ramen.

“Oppa?” I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him. “Why are you working here? Did you get into a fight with a customer in your last job again? Jeez oppa…” I chuckled as I offered him a seat beside me.  

“Well… Not really that… I got into a fight with the manager. He fired me directly.” He squeezed a smile as he sat across Kyuhyun.

“Ah… Oppa… This is  Kyuhyun and this is her sister Yoona…” Kyuhyun lend a shake and also did Yoona.

It was so obvious that Kyuhyun was killing Changmin-oppa at the back of his head. Oppa and I are really close more than my relationship with Kyuhyun. That’s a fact.

“Hey… How’s Taeyeon by the way?”

“Well… Unnie’s doing fine… Still dateless.” I gave out a laugh which he seconded as well. I ignored the intense stare Kyuhyun was giving us. Yoona… well, she was… she was actually staring at Changmin-oppa. I smiled to myself and had an idea.

“Uhm… Oppa… Will you excuse me for a minute? I have something very important to do… I forgot about it… my gosh! Kyuhyun you promised to help?” I signaled Kyuhyun giving glances at Yoona and Changmin-oppa and then at him.

“Ahh… Yes… yes… I almost forgot as well.” Kyuhyun stood up leaving some paper bill at the table.  “Yoona, you can go home by yourself right? Finish your stew first and have some time with Changmin while you eat. Is that okay with you Changmin-sshi?”

Changmin-oppa absent-mindedly nodded his head before staring at Yoona reluctantly.

YES! I smiled to myself before giving out a light chuckle.

 

“Are you sure it’s okay to leave them?” Kyuhyun asked while were inside his car.

“Do you think Yoona will be fine? Changmin-oppa is a gentleman so I’m not worry about his behavior.” I responded while fastening my seatbelt.

“Well, I do remember Yoona crying because I tried to set her up with a friend of mine once.” He laughed.

I faked out a giggle as well.

 

Moments later we arrived back at the apartment. A motorbike was parked outside the snowy lot and somehow Kyuhyun seems to recognize it.

 

Opening the door, Kyuhyun and my mouth went agape at the scene.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: How'd you like that? I finished Chapter 23 just in time! XD and OHMYGOSH! Have you heard about Sooyoung, Yuri and Taeyeon being in hte Philippines with their families? OMYGOSH! I could just scream my heart out! XD Thanks for reading this chapter by the way! Enjoy and please wait patiently for the next few chapters! Kamsam^^